Ch. 23 - First Day

MEET YOU AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It felt strange that she had a week of peace. Mino hasn't contacted her at all since he came to her house and talked about Jihye. Kiyoung, she also doesn't hear anything anymore from him. And Sehun, since they watched a movie together nothing special happened. Everything looks normal. Like they can't be friends but can't be more than that. She was stuck in the middle. She doesn't hate that, like what she planted in her mind, let's enjoyed it.

Today, she can breathe easily when she knows that her semester scores were above average. She became rather confident to enter the university that she wanted. The score that Sehun got wasn't bad, she mentored him well. 

The teachers are holding a meeting so students are told to be quiet in class without being noisy. They are asked to work on assignments that must be completed before the CSAT(*) exam or read books for those who have finished the assignment. 

Meanwhile, Ahyoung and Sehun secretly escaped to the art room. Sehun accompanied her who collected her drawing paper. He saw some of the work of other students. 

When she in tiptoe to reach the painting on top of the cupboard, Sehun came from behind and reaches for her. "Is this your painting?" He was still impressed every time see her painting then gave it to her. 

She nodded and put it in the box. "I painted this when I first joined the school's art club."

He leaned on the table as he watched her. "So, are your parents okay if you chose to major in architecture?" 

"They are still trying to persuade me not to do it." She her head then looked up at him. "But, I'm quite stubborn when I want something." 

"Your parents are lawyers, right?" He asked, take a brush, and spin it like a stick.

"My dad is a lawyer." She said. "My mom, she was a former prosecutor and turned into a law lecturer. She said she would rather teach than judge people."

"Your family is cool."

She rolls her eyes. "That's just the shell."

He ducked away. "Well, it's better than have a chaotic father and the mother who left home."

She stared at him. "You make me feel sorry."

A funny looked crosses over his face. "Oh yeah. How'd you know about that?"

"I heard that." She ignored him who wanted to make him look cool about it. "When on the phone, Jiyoon Eonni asked if you met your mother? And that was the day we met at the hotel."

He opened his mouth when going to answered and closed it again. 

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." She assured.

"Thanks." 

She smiled a little, hiding her sad feelings because he shared it all with Jiyoon compared to her. "Do you want to see my studio this weekend?" She changed the subject.

"Your studio?"

She got excited. "Yup. You can see all the hassles of my work since childhood."

He smiled with a bright look. "Really?" 

"I've never shown my studio to anyone. So-"

"Even to Minah?"

"Even to my parents."

He raised his eyebrows. 

"Only my grandpa can go there."

She wanted to show as much of her as possible because she also wanted him to show as much of him as possible.

"Kim Ahyoung, come with us right now." Jaehwan and Haneul stopped her who would stand up after the break bell rang. 

Sehun who sat behind Ahyoung looked at the two. "What is this?"

Jaehwan and Haneul ignored him. Ahyoung still relaxed. "Just talk here."

"Im Jaehwan! Park Haneul!" A loud male voice from the door made everyone turn their heads. His face was covered with bruises and wounds. 

Jaehwan and Haneul swiftly took her hand in panic. "You have to come with us now. It's very important if you don't want it, Jonggyu can kill us." They both whispered. She took a look at Jonggyu, he was one of the gang leaders in this school. They only ever talked when she was dating Joon because they're a friend.

"Kim Ahyoung!" Jonggyu shoots her face. "We have to talk right now!" 

"Just talk here if you want to talk to her," Sehun told to Jonggyu.

Jonggyu just gave him a looked as told Jaehwan and Haneul to bring her to him. Sehun stood up and held the two of them who would go with Ahyoung.

"You can't take her." He said.

"Sehun, you have nothing to do with this. So you better just wait for her, okay?" Haneul said.

Sehun frowned. "You guys have chaotic people in this school, I don't believe you just want to talk with her."

"What?" Jaehwan stepped forward with an annoyed face. Ahyoung sighed and waved her hands between them. "Just tell me, why does Jonggyu want to talk to me?"

Jaehwan and Haneul exchanged a look. Haneul leaned closer to the side of her face and whispered something in her ear. 

Sehun took a long glance at her. He noticed her face getting tense. He wonders what Haneul told to her. 

"Let's go then." Jaehwan gestured to the door after Haneul back forward from her.

Ahyoung looked at Sehun. "You can go to the canteen first. I will catch up later."

"I'll accompany you to talk to him." He said.

"You can't," Haneul said.

"I am fine. I will see you at the canteen." Ahyoung assured him.

He finally gave up after looking at her for a moment. "Don't be too long."

"Okay." She smiled and went out of the class. He watched her in worried. He feels something bad happened. Students in the class look at him and start teasing him. "Oh Sehun, you acted like Ahyoung's boyfriend."

"Don't worry," Jihye remarked. "She was once part of them when she was dating some of his gang members."

He cast alongside glanced at her and walking out from the class, ignored her. While in the canteen, he was a little uneasy. He hasn't touched his lunch and only looks at the cafeteria door. 

Minah came to sit in front of him. "Where's Ahyoung?"

He wasn't replied and just quiet for a moment then started opened his mouth. "Why do you think Jonggyu wants to talk to Ahyoung?"

"Jonggyu?"

"Jonggyu looked for her to class and he looked angry. They are talking now."

She tilted her face, her forehead wrinkled. "Oh, really? Jonggyu? Shhh... maybe that happened again?"

"What happened again?"

Minah dropped . "You don't know? This story was very famous. The school gangs around here fought because Ahyoung was dating a boy in our school and broke up and the next day she was dating another guy from another school. It was called the golden era of Kim Ahyoung." She did not believe that almost three years he was here but he did not know anything about it. He can be called a spy by the students here. "You have never been interested in her." 

He smirked. "Why does she always get into trouble with bad guys?"

She shook her head and pointed him with chopsticks. "It just Mino. Mino is the worst." 

Sehun wasn't denied that.

Minah added. "But he doesn't like dealing with Ahyoung anymore because it's happened many times and he made a rule for no more members to date Ahyoung."

He has no idea that the girl who always chases him has a track record like that. It was like someone said that he was dumb not to fall for her from the start. 

His eyes shifted outside, the person he was waiting for walked into the canteen. Her face shone like there was a spotlight, some students greeted her shyly, and he realized many of them kept staring at her. 

She came to sit with them after brought the lunch tray. She seems fine. He dropped his shoulder, he felt relieved.

"You haven't eaten yet?" She asked, looked at his tray.

Impatient, he immediately asked. "Did something happen?" 

"No. There is only a misunderstanding." She replied.

"Jonggyu really talked to you?" Minah asked. "Did that happen again?"

"No. That's just a misunderstanding." She bites drumstick chicken as she smiled at both of them. "I am very hungry." 

Sehun kept looking at her, he studied her face and felt she was hiding something. When they walked back to class, Sehun still held his suspicions. He stopped and turned at her. "What kind of misunderstanding is that?" He asked he wants details.

Ahyoung opened to replied and paused. 

After a breath, she finally replied to him. "You want to know a lot when you don't tell me much about you." 

"I didn't tell much but you have seen how I live my life a lot." He dropped the faux sweetness from his tone. "Is that not enough?"

"Then, do you think we should know a lot about each other?"

"Isn't we are friend now? A good one."

"You're a bit irresponsible, huh?" She chuckled. "You said you liked me even kissed me and you want us to be friends?" She lowered her eyes to his shoulder. "I want to know a lot about you not because we're friends. I never thought of you as a friend but you are also no more than a friend." she sticks out her tongue. "We can't be a friend."

"Let's try then." He said with no hesitation. "Today is the first day we become a couple." 

She catches his eyes, her heart quick beat. Everything became quiet around her. She felt her heartbeat echo throughout the hallway. If it's a dream, please, she doesn't want to wake up. 

In the hallway, we officially became a couple.

When she heard from Haneul about what Jonggyu would talk about with her. She knows, there was no complete peace in life. She stood in front of Jonggyu and his friends who also had bruises on their faces. She looked at them one by one and remained calm.

Jonggyu lit a cigarette and greedily drew smoke into his lungs before he opened his mouth. "You know who did this to our faces?" 

"Haneul told me about that," Ahyoung said.

Jonggyu nodded. "Kiyoung that bastard." Smoke came out of his mouth and nose. He looked up at her. "If you have a problem with him why bring us?"

"I didn't know he would do that." 

"You know, I hate pretty girls like you." He dropped the cigarette and stepped on it. He came closer to her, he smells of cigarettes. She back forward a little and looked at him. "You always make us in trouble." He said.

"I am sorry." 

"Don't just apologize! Go see that bastard Kiyoung and told him to don't come back to our place!" He raised his voice at her face. 

She her head. "I understand. Don't shout at me."

He lowers his voice. "He said that I should ask you to know the reason. But, I really don't want to know and just finish your own business."

Ahyoung doesn't shake because of that. Even though he likes to bluff, but actually he was not that bad as a person. "If that's all you want to say, I'll leave." 

"Meet him at 8 pm in his place." He told her before she turned away. "Alone."

She nodded.

Jonggyu's face softened. "Do you need someone from us to follow you quietly?" Seeing that, she was still a girl. 

Her lips turned into a half-smile. He was still wishy-washy as before. "No need. Seeing you guys end up like this, I can't entrust myself to you guys."

"Okay." He rolled his eyes from her and gestured to his friends to leave. She breathes heavily and felt like throwing up because her heart was beating fast when she thought that she would face this too.

When you know someone is doing something illegal, isn't that easy? She only has to report the action. But why is that difficult? She can also pretend not to know anything. She can get rid of the evidence as if nothing happened. Isn't this a crime if she does it? So many things in her mind as she walked back to the canteen and it's just faded when she saw him sitting there.

Suddenly, he lost all the words when they returned to class. He didn't know the words would come out of his mouth easily. His heart hasn't stopped racing since he heard her say 'okay' in a sugary tone while looking at the roses on her cheeks. 

He kept staring her back unconsciously. He turned down his head fastly when she twisted around at him. Pretending to write something in his notebook. He could hear her breath out like she paused before words come out from .

"My math notebook is still in you, right?" She asked, like carefully.

He glanced around and realized that he was writing in her notebook. He lifted his hand. "This is yours." He looked up and gestured to the notebook on his table.

They can't look into each other's eyes. Every time their eyes met, they immediately cast their gaze down or sideways. "Do you still need that?"

He shook his head. "No. You can take it." He glanced at the notebook and found the word 'dating' that he had just written without realizing it. He quickly held back, "Wait." He covered his writing. 

She looked down at the notebook. "Wait." He said again and he covers his writing with his hand and crosses it with a pen as thick as possible.

He raised his hand. "You can take it now."

"Okay." She took her notebook while holding her smile. She noticed the writing that was covered neatly and thickly. She wondered about what he wrote there. 

He hopes she couldn't read it. That's embarrassing. He scratched the back of his neck and tried to focus on the book.

During the transition from regular study hours to extra study hours, there are twenty minutes before the extra class begins. Sehun watched Ahyoung who repeatedly checked her watch while typing something on her cellphone. He could hear her cellphone buzzed many times and she types a reply quickly. 

"Kim Ahyoung." He had to call her twice to make her look at him. "Huh?" Ahyoung's eyebrows raised.

"Are you all right?" He looked over at her. "You look nervous."

"No. I'm all right." She replied quickly.

He lowered his gazed and glanced back at her. He tilted his head like he was unsure about that. 

Additional classes have started for an hour. In the middle of Mr. Hwan will discuss the practice test, Ahyoung raises her hand. "May I use the restroom, Mr. Hwan?"

"Sure." Mr. Hwan allowed her without hesitation. He always takes it easy with his students.

Sehun's eyes followed her to the door. As the door shifted, he caught a glimpse of Jonggyu standing there. He straightened his back and automatically stood up.

"Where are you going?" Mr. Hwan stopped him. 

"The restroom." 

"Wait for her to come back and you can leave." Mr. Hwan refers to Ahyoung. Sehun swallowed hard and sat down again. He pulled the cellphone from his pocket and typed it quickly. 

You really went to the restroom?

He didn't get an answer and typed again.

I saw Jonggyu at the door when you came out, did you go with him? 

He was still holding his cellphone, hoping for a reply from her. He sighed, his cellphone buzzing, he quickly looked down at his cellphone but it was Sunghee who told him to go home tonight. He sighed heavier and leaned his back. He rolls his eyes to the outside window, stopped, he found Ahyoung and Jonggyu walking quickly across the field to the school gate while looking left and right carefully. He took a breath and fastly type again.

Where are you going? 

His eyes looked around as wet his bottom lips. He turned to Jaehwan and Haneul who sat in the same row with him. He throws a paper ball at Haneul's table which sits beside him. Haneul straightened up and turned to Sehun in questioningly, but Sehun just gave him a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter