Ch. 24 - Stay With Me

MEET YOU AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Under a playground, there was a building that hidden behind the hall, if you walked inside and go down the stairs there will be an entrance to Ahyoung's studio. The place is not too big, made very comfortable to do a hobby or work. In the middle of the room, there is a drafting table(*), like a special place for drawing. Around the room were displayed many paintings and drawings. Then, there are some miniature buildings neatly stored in a glass box. 

"Do you often spend time here?" Sehun was impressed with the studio. He could not stop to look around. 

Ahyoung came carrying a wooden chair for him to sit. "Not really." She shook her head. "I came here when I just want to not be disturbed."

"Mm." He understood and sat down beside her. She pointed to several paintings and told him a little about the stories behind them and which were her favorites. He doesn't understand art, but he likes hearing it when she explains it to him.

"You are really brought your soul here." He commented, he remembers what she used to say about putting a soul in a dream. "I'll look forward to whether you will become a great architect or not."

"Umm..." She glanced up at him. "That means... we will be dating for a very long time?" He glanced down at her, blushed. "You don't want to?" She asked, folded her arms over her chest.

He gets up from his chair, walked towards the drafting table. "Are you sure you can spend a long time with me? You've never dated more than three months." Her eyes followed him, It was like he doubted her or back. In the end, the two of them kept quiet about it. 

Naturally, they shift the topic. "Are these drawn by you too?" He pointed to the picture of a playground. He felt familiar. "Oh, this is the playground up here." He gestured up to the ceiling, feels fascinating.

She nodded and smiled. "My grandpa designed it." 

"You must be proud to have him." He looked at other pictures. She followed him from behind, gazed at his profile side. Every time he asked, she glanced at the object and then answered while looking at him. She still could not believe that this handsome man, who had refused her so many times, was now her lover.

When he came here, she wanted to jump over to him and lock his arms, but she didn't. When they sat next to each other, with their hands almost touching, she wanted to reach out his hand and then play with his fingers, but she did not. When his back straightened up too long because he saw every painting on the wall, she wanted to throw her arms around him from behind, but she did not. 

She has an inner war in her head. 

She had never been like this before. She never hesitates to be intimate with her lover. But, with Sehun, she became cautious and coward. Not because she was afraid of him, but she didn't feel confident about Sehun's feelings for her. Even though, she was the first to come closer, make the first move toward him, stick wherever he went, express her feelings repeatedly, even kissing him first. One thing that she realized, the deeper feelings she felt for him, the more she was afraid to show her heart. 

When you love someone so much, you will continue to have a question in you, whether he loves you as much as you love him. Whether he has ended his feelings with his ex or the girl he once loved. Does he sometimes still can not forget the girl. What if now his one-sided love turns to love him, will he prefer her?

You have many questions in you because you know that you are afraid you only love him alone. 

"Want to do something fun?" Ahyoung put a box on the table in excitement. He turned back at her and came closer. She spread a large canvas cloth that covered the table. "Let's paint by hand on this canvas!" She looked up at him. He his eyebrows, interested.

Various colored paint cans were prepared around them. She brought them waxed canvas aprons with a cross-back strap so that their clothes were not dirty. Seeing he was confused by how to wear it, she chuckled and came closer to him. "Put your hands in here-" He does it. She can smell the perfume on his body while she leaned towards him to makes sure the strap fits his body, she took two straps that hung by his side then wrapped them around his waist, she could feel his body fit in her arms. He looked down at her in nervous, she laughed suddenly as glanced up, "Ah, Sehun-ssi, you have to turn your body." She twisted his body with both hands still circling there and then tie it tightly. 

Before she started, he asked if her hand were okay after the bandages had been removed. She twisted her right wrist, saying it got better. 

She started first by spilling yellow paint on the canvas and then she brushed it with both hands, making a swirling circle. She looked at him, nudge her chin towards the canvas, told him to do it too.

He chose the green color of the leaves, he just brushed them randomly on the canvas and it made an impressive mix. Unconsciously, he smiled while doing it. He did not know if the painting was this fun or this is fun because he doing it with her.

Carried on, not thinking about how every touch occurs between them. She throws her head to his shoulder, laughing like a little child. It's strange to him because he doesn't think he's funny but everything becomes funny to her. It also brought laughter to him, like energy. 

Jihye stood in front of the suite room numbered 303. She pressed the bell and soon, someone she missed opened the door for her.

She rushed to hug him and crushed his lips. He returned the kiss briefly and backed away from her, "Relax." His gaze was cold to her and he walked inside. 

She scoffs. "You still consider me your call girl." She followed him, took off her coat, and sat on the sofa. 

"You will always be my forever call girl." He could see the s on her pink dress, she doesn't wear a bra. 

She just looked at him and pulling off her stockings. The corner of her lips slowly pulled, "Ah, I heard that." She pulled her hair tie. "You saved Ahyoung from Kiyoung and his gang. You even threatened him not to bother her."

He lit the cigarette and smirked, "It's not me but that guy, Oh Sehun."

"You are jealous?"

"With a guy like him?" 

"You did not know? Ahyoung is dating him now. They're a hot topic at school." He let out smoke from his mouth while looking at her. "They're what?"

Jihye gets up and walking to him. "And I could see that she really has a heart for him."

There was tightness in his chest, how could he take seriously his feelings for Ahyoung all this time? He laughed to himself. He just couldn't accept that.

Ahyoung, who is known to have never been serious in a relationship, fell in love with someone and it's not him. But, he who was always not serious in relationships, falls in love with her, not else.

He stubbed out his cigarette and threw the into the ashtray. Jihye hugged him from behind, "Are you very sad about that?" 

"It's irritating me." He said.

"It's irritating me too, to see you like this for her."

Since she first met him, she has fallen in love with Mino. Despite knowing he was someone who helped Ahyoung get her information, she still falls for him. She likes the way his cold face to turn sweet even if only for a moment while in bed. 

From the moment she'd put her hand in his hand and fallen asleep, some bond had sprung up between them. But, it seems like only she feels that way. Alone

The hand paintings by Ahyoung and Sehun are finished. They ended it after the painting was seen as quite cool, even though only a mixture of colors and lines formed a simple drawing. They gave the initials of their names in the lower corner.

AY and SH, together, 2007.

"I'll put it there later." She pointed to a blank wall. She looked at her hands and looked at him. "Let's clean our hands!" 

She showed him the steps of removing the paint, starting by washing their hands with soap. She did it first then he followed her. 

"There's paint on your face too, I'll use a wet cloth."

She soaked dry cloth and help him to wipe the paint on his face. "How can this be on your face?"

She giggled. He spread his legs so she could reach his face.

"Is there a lot of paint?" He asked.

She shook her head. "No, only here." She pointed at his jaw. He stared at her and found paint on the side of her eyes. "You have it too, here." He told her as pointed to the side of his own eyes.

"Ah, really?" She wet the cloth again and wiped the paint on the side of her own eyes. She laughed, "When did I do it?" He wanted to help her but she did well. 

She brought a bottle of mineral oil, "I will help you." She poured it to his palm and other skin to cover the entire painted area and lightly rubbed it. "I helped my grandfather like this too because it was fun." She glanced up at him, smiled. "You have pale skin." She deliberately rubbed it a little longer, giggled, she said, "This is fun." He was staring at her. She stopped and poured it on her hands. "Apply it to the paint on your face too." She told him as rubbed her hand. He applied it but not at the paint area so she chuckled and helped him. "Here..." 

He looked at her intently. Powder and lipstick faded, he acknowledged her beauty without makeup. She was still smiling, "Wae?" She looked into his eyes. "Is the paint on my face that bad?" She stopped rubbing it and took a small mirror from the table, but he held her hand and told her that he would rub it for her.

"Arraseo." She lowered her eyes and let him touch the paint area. He leaned more close towards her when she found more paint on her face. He looked at her once in a while, his fingers stopped, watching her blush. After a moment, he told her that it was done. She looked up and backward as he took off his fingers. "Oh? Thank you." 

He still looked at her and he smiled quietly. After they finished cleaning themselves, they sit to enjoy a cup of ramyeon. Playing with paint for a long time made their stomachs rumbled many times. 

"Want to play in the playground after this?" She gestured to the ceiling, feels excited.

"I have to go home after this, Sunghee Noona keeps contacting me." 

It's was disappointed but she kept smiling. "Oh. Okay then." It still was good to hear he wanted to meet his sister. She wondered how many times Jiyoon sometimes returned to her flat and slept there.

"Then, are you working tonight?" She asked.

He nodded. "I'll leave after a talk to her."

She finished her ramyeon and turned at him who wears his coat. She gazed at him, she wants it to be longer today with him. He twisted around at her, "Let's go." 

"Just wait outside, I'll put this in the backroom first." She took the box with her.

He agreed and went out first. She went to the backroom, she looked at the door inside the room.

There was one room that she didn't show. One room behind this room, a Darkroom(*). She can show him someday.

After locking the studio door, she climbed the stairs and heard that he was on the phone. 

"Then, why is your voice like that?" He asked. She stopped at the last step while waiting for him.

"Don't get drunk yourself, wait for me, I might be late."

She had a feeling he was on the phone with her. All of sudden she feels heat up inside, and it's hard to breathe and if she breathes maybe her eyes will get wet. 

He hung up and turned around and she smiled automatically. "Who?" She asked as she walked to him.

He slipped his phone inside the pocket of his coat. "Jiyoon, it seems like she's upset because of someone." 

"Will you two meet?" She shouldn't ask.

"She is in our flat, so I will see her after work."

He said, our flat. Her teeth might be dry because of the wind, she held back her grin. Swiftly, she gestured ahead. "Then let's walk together to the bus stop." She walked first while looking at him then threw her gaze forward. She did not know what had gotten into her, wanting to make up her feelings, she looked back and gave her hand to him.

He looked down at her free hand, she pressed her lips as raised her eyebrows at him, and finally, he took her cold hand. She smiled and dragged his body closer to her, "We are already dating. This should be a normal thing right?" She moved to lock his arm and the other hand, held his hand. 

"Your hands are very cold." He said.

"I get cold easily." She squeezed his arm and his hand. "But because of you, it's warm." It's still weird for him to have someone on his side.

It didn't take long to arrive at the bus stop, Ahyoung accompanied him to wait for the bus came. 

"You can go home now." He assured.

She shook her head. "I want to see you until you leave."

"Tsk. No need,"

She squinted at him. "Don't you understand? I want to stay with you longer."

"We will meet again tomorrow at school, you forgot?"

"I don't care." She looked away and still hold on him.

He chuckled and found she was cute when acted like this. 

"Let me know when you get home." She told him. "And when you work." The bus starts to look coming. "And... when you get to Jiyoon Eonni's flat." She turned at him, smiled.

He did not know whether it was a necessity in relationships. "Will those who are dating give news every hour what they do?" He frowned. "Isn't that a matter of trust?"

"Umm..." Actually, when it comes to dating, it was not that important. She also did not mind it. But ... "You said to tell you everything, so didn't you have to tell me everything too?"

His cheekbones were raised because of his short smile. "I mean if it's hard and you can't deal with it. You can lean on me..."

She turned to face him. "Then don't let someone besides me lean on you."

"You know from the beginning there was no other girl close to me besides you." He said.

She laughed. "Really?" She pretended to doubt him.

"Then, who do you think is the other girl who is close to me?"

"Umm..." Her eyes moved around. "Sunghee Eonni, Jiyoon Eonni, and-" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter