Ch. 13 - Exchange Numbers

MEET YOU AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summer Holiday is the most awaited by all students. But, Ahyoung wasn't too excited because Sehun wouldn't take a Summer Vacation from school. He clearly will choose to go to work. 

She was in a dilemma between fulfilling her promise to Minah to accompany her or ....being with him?

She kept thinking about it and became quite a lot even in front of Sehun. This is very strange for him.

They stood in front of the drinks machine. He put a few coins, a little waiting if she will press his favorite drinking as usual, but this time he pressed it by himself. He took a look at her for a moment.

She gazes over at the machine, like stress about something.

He bent down to get his drink and asked her. "What do you want?" He put a few coins back.

She quicks look at him. "Hm?"

"Milk chocolate?" He pressed it before she answered.

She started a smile and looked sweetly at him.

"Uhh...you know about that."

She took her drink then pulled out a few coins from her pocket and meant to give it to him but he turned around without any words. 

Her forehead wrinkled. "Hey.." she went to his side.

"What's that mean?" She shows her drink.

"That's payment for helped me study."

She scowls at him. "Oh, it's not enough, Oh Sehun."

"I gave you one year, Kim Ahyoung." He said it like that was normally to him now. It feels a little strange but it makes her chest pinched.

She gave him a long stare, she was a little hesitant to discuss it because she feels knew the response he would give her. 

"What do you want to know?" He asked suddenly made her still. He just figured out her.

"Can you read someone's mind now?" She wonders.

"I think it's just natural when you are always around me."

Ah, he has a point, she thought. She looked down and glanced at him. "Can't you go on summer vacation?" She knows the answer even just looked at his face. She felt regret now.

"Just that?" Sehun will never understand.

She gave him a half grimace and a half-smile. "It's not just that. Your existence and your absence will affect me." 

He ducks away. "Don't involve me in your drama life, Kim Ahyoung."

"So, you didn't come, huh?"

"You know that."

"Oh Sehun!" Suddenly, a familiar voice called out from behind them. A familiar voice for Ahyoung.

They turned their head together.

It was true, it was Jihye. But, why did she suddenly call him? She could feel Jihye's gave her a dirty shoot for a second.

She looked at him shyly and her voice began softly. "Can I talk to you?" 

He blankly and seems to have no idea. "Me?"

Jihye nodded.

"Talk about what?"

Jihye turns at her. Oh, Jihye doesn't want it if she hears it. She knows by the way Jihye looks at her. But, she chose to play dumb and just stood in there.

Jihye kept glancing at her and returned to Sehun while giving a signal. Jihye rolls her eyes, she gives up too. "I just want to talk to Sehun alone. So please-"

Sehun and Ahyoung looked at each other. "Why don't you just talk here, Jihye?" Ahyoung folded her arms and staring at her. 

Jihye frows at her. "You're not his girlfriend right?" Oops, that's what she drew on her face when Ahyoung became lost of words. "So, it's not your business."

He turns at Jihye and walking down to her without words. 

Ahyoung caught a satisfied smirk on Jihye. She just looked like that doesn't mean anything to her.

She just curious about what Jihye was talking to him, it felt strange because she had never even seen the two chattings and in fact, Sehun never chatting with anyone.

Could she confess her feelings to Sehun? But, Sehun is not her type at all. She knows that.

"Ahyoung!" Minah jump at her back made her almost scream.

"Why are you so serious?" Minah asked and looked at her view direction.

"Jihye with Sehun?" Minah's forehead wrinkles. 

Ahyoung sighs. "It's weird, right?"

"She is always competitive when it comes to you right?"

Ahyoung shrugs. "I don't even compete with everyone. Let's go-"

Minah, all of a sudden lift her hand at Ahyoung. "Oh, wait! I'm here because there is something!"

Ahyoung turns at her. "What?"

Minah smiled at her in a meaningful way. "There is a new student in my class and he wants to meet you!" 

She locked her arms and drag her. But, Ahyoung stopped her. "W-wait!" She held Minah's hand. "I told you to stop introducing me to your friends." Ahyoung is really tired of her who used to be always like this. She always took her without permission to be introduced to each of her boy friends.

Minah groans. "I said if you were my best friend and I promised to introduce you!"

"No!" She clenched her teeth. "The last time you introduced me, he kept contacting me until now making me have to change my number!" 

"Bang Minah." 

A tall boy with a hair that has reached the ears, handsome, and he had a beautiful smile standing right behind Minah with his eyes fixed directly on Ahyoung.

Minah automatically turns around and goes backward as held Ahyoung's hand. 

"Kris!"

Ahyoung glanced at Minah and turned at the boy. From his unfamiliar face and Minah's reaction, he must be the boy he just talked about.

"Ah!" Minah wrapped Ahyoung's arm and pulled her close. "So, this is my best friend!" 

Kris smiled and offers her hand. "I'm Kris." 

Naturally, Ahyoung returned his handshake. "Kim Ahyoung." She smiled back in a friendly way. So, he is a boy who has just been talked about by many female students lately.

"Well..." Minah holds both her arms. "I think I should go now. So, have a good talk." Ahyoung wasn't surprised. She knows that Minah would be doing that. 

She just stared at Minah without grudges and returned to Kris who was still smiling. Without awkwardly she asked, "You are a new student, right? Want to walk around?"

"Okay, sounds good."

She took a look at a glimpse of Sehun that still talks with Jihye before she went with him. It seems like she really doesn't have to wait for him.

She gave information about the school environment and gave a few tips for being able to mingle with other students.

They both walked through a field full of boys who played soccer. "Do you like soccer? You can join them but we will go up to the third grade and join extracurricular activities is no longer possible."

"I like soccer." He smiled at her with meaningful looks. She just nodded without intention.

Ahyoung is not the type of person who limits her relationships. She likes to talk and is easy to get along with. She is good at socializing. So, this is normal for her.

"So, why did you get in here at the end of the semester? Isn't that impossible?" She asked.

"I am the principal's niece here. So, that's easy.." Kris confidently said that. He looks proud of that. 

She was not surprised but tried to be nice. "Oh, really?" They went to sit on the audience bench that was shaded by a canopy. Kris cleaned the dust by patting the bench with his hands for her. He invited her to sit first. She thanked him in a faint voice. 

"I heard that you are one of the students of parents who are permanent donors at this school." He brags as sit down beside her. 

She doesn't like it when someone brings about her parents so she just nods briefly at him and changes the subject. "Which school did you transfer from?" She looked at him.

"Los Angeles."

"Wow. That's very far from here. Why are you back here now?" She responds.

"My parents divorced." Even though he smiled, it still sounded bitter. "And I followed my mother back here."

She just looked at him and he shrugged like yeah, so that's how it is. 

"But, your Korean language is still good." She praised him without digging about his family.

"Of course." He laughs. "I'm still Korean."

"That's good." She said as her eyes direct to other places. She saw Sehun walked on the stairs.

She patted on the bench as she stood up. "Nice to meet you, Kris. I think I should go to class now."

"Hey." He was get up and held her wrist, he doesn't want her to just leave like that. She looked at his hand and turns at him. "This is not Los Angeles. America. U.S. Kris." she mentioned everything just to even she truly not comfortable.

He looked at his hand and immediately took it off. "Oh, sorry!" He placed his hands behind his neck. "I don't mean anything." He assured and he let his nervous breath out. "Can...I have your number?"

"No." She replied without thinking made him speechless as his head to the side, smirking, and turns at her. "Okay, maybe next time." He shrugs.

"Next time, I will have a boyfriend." 

He raised an eyebrow. "I just want to be friends with you." He didn't want to be embarrassed by her.

"Really? It doesn't look like that." She pursed her lips. He opened his mouth and closed it again like he couldn't be denied it.

"I'll go first." She stepped back. "I hope you enjoy school here, Kris." She turned away and run a little to catch up with Sehun.

Kris moved his eyes to the side and looked at her back as putting a smile on his face.


"So, think about that..." Jihye walking back and turned away from him. He just looked at her and thought about her words.

"Oh Sehun..." a girl shyly called out him with a drawing book in her hand. He recognized the cover. 

That is Ahyoung's.

She looked down not dare to look at him while giving the book, "Please give this to Ahyoung. Her book was left in the art room..."

He took it. "Okay."

She smiled and glanced at him silently. "Thank you."

She said in a lower voice then ran away from him. 

Sehun stared at the drawing book in his hand. A drawing book that she always carried everywhere. He became a little curious about what a picture that she draws inside, he held a sheet of cover to open it, but he closed it again. He doesn't think this is right to do...

He walked back to class. He looked around in case he found Ahyoung. But he became really looking for her. He stopped at the end of the corridor, his pair of eyes found the face he was looking for sitting on the side of the field, he stepped on and then stopped when he noticed she was talking with a male student.

He lowered his gaze and think for a few moments. He looked at them once again before decided to go straight to the stairs to go to class. As he walked up the stairs, he caught a glimpse of them through a circular hole in the wall around the stairs on the 3 floors, and his steps stopped when the male student held her that wanted to leave.

That is none of his business, he warned himself. But, his body turned automatically to go back down the stairs. In less than three minutes he went down, he found her already standing on the steps to go up. It was made him a little startled like he caught on something.

She smiled have no idea. "Where are you going?" 

She climbed several steps to get closer to him. She looked down at the drawing book on his hand. "Oh, that's mine!" She pointed. "Why does it have you?" She looked up.

"I-" he paused. "Someone left it to me. She said this was left in the art room." He handed the book to her. 

She took it. "Did you see the contents?" He looked at him suspiciously.

"I am not interested." He lied. He was interested at first.

She smiled briefly. Fortunately, because there are so many pictures of him in her drawing book. Then, she followed him who turned upward to the classroom. She thought about Jihye while glancing at him. So, she asked, "What was Jihye talking to you about earlier? It seems rather serious." She hoped that Sehun wouldn't answer like this was none of her business. 

And he granted her inaudible hope. "She offered a job at a school summer vacation spot."

She asked again. "What does it mean?"

"The committee needs someone to guard the students' food stands later."

"Then did you accept it?" She asked without pausing.

"I'm still thinking about it."

"That means you can go on school summer vacation if you accept it?" 

"Isn't that obvious?" 

She was a bit happy to hear that because she will get to see him but it felt strange too. Why did Jihye only choose Sehun? 

Sehun glanced at her. "The male student who was with you in the field earlier-"

"Huh?" She woke up from her reverie. 

He tried to look normal. He was just curious because it seemed like he was bothering her. He swallowed as a check on her, "Looks like I've never seen him." 

"Oh?" She digests. "He's a new student. His name is Kris, Minah's classmate." She answered easily.

"Hmm." He responded and entered the class first. 

After a few seconds, she realized his question. She stood still as she looked at his back. Did Sehun just ask? Or because he was curious? Why does he have to be curious? 

She blinked. She felt something swishing on her chest. She walked slowly into the classroom with eyes that could not be separated from him. 

"Ahyoung?" Mirae called her and she glanced over at her. Mirae gave a jealous smile, "After Sehun, how did you get close to Kris too?" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter