Ch. 34 - Dear, Kim Ahyoung...

MEET YOU AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun flying the letter he had taken at Jiyoon's flat into his back pocket quickly when he saw Ahyoung standing there. He thought she would not be there. When talking to her, he couldn't help showing his desire. 

The wind on her hair, she repeatedly slipped her hair behind her ears. She turned at him, "So, is being a detective fun? Is that like in a movie?" 

"That's not as funny as in Rush Hours." He remarked.

She furrowed in chuckled. "You even sleep when we watched in the building project, how do you know?" 

"I watched it again, many times." He looked at her sincerely. 

She laughed. "Really?"

"Yeah. Don't you believe it?"

She shook her head. "You never like watching movies."

He his eyebrows. "I watched all the DVDs movies that you gave me. Taxi, Bad Boys, Cast Away, ...."

"School of Rock..." She added.

".... Pirates of the Carribean." They say it together which makes them giggle. He couldn't stop looking at her, the laughed that he missed. "I imagined your expression while watching each of those films beside me."

She stopped laughing and ended with a thin smile at him. She looked away, "You've changed a lot."

"You changed me a lot."

"Me? Why?"

They stopped at a red light, stand side by side with both hands inside the pocket jacket. "Two years with you and eleven years without you. It's crazy-" he swallowed. "I mean, after you have gone, it makes me realize that those two years were two years that I always want to repeat again." He looked at her and lower his voice. "I had no idea it was effected me so." 

It's green, she lost in thought over his words. She knew that he was a straight forward person and sometimes a too honest-cold person, but now it's in a different way. He wasn't afraid to show his feelings and thoughts. 

A male student ran in a hurry from behind nudge Ahyoung's shoulder when it was red in a second. Before she falls to the road, Sehun took her hand and pulled her back. "Hey! Be careful!" Sehun yelled at that student.

Ahyoung's heart was beating fast with surprise and she looked at the boy who had run away. "Are you okay?" Sehun asked and linked her hand.

"Yeah..ya.." she nodded prevent. "I am okay." She let go of his hand slowly and the touched affected them. They looked the other way and was silent. 

"...It's green." Sehun said and Ahyoung goes first. They crossed the road and he glanced several times at her. He hoped she said something about what just he said. But, she was not. And, suddenly she turned at him, "I have a question for you."

He shrugged, raised his eyebrows. "Okay, what?"

The side of her lips turned up a bit, "Did you hate me?"

He frowns at her. "W-why you thought that—"

She looked ahead, "Because you looked so mad, and like you didn't want to see me forever." 

"Is that why you left?" 

She shook her head, smiling. "No. That was not a reason."

"So, what's the reason?"

She was eyed him. "Answer my question first."

"Oh, yeah. Okay—" he pulled out his hand from his pocket. "Are you ready? I will only tell the truth."

She burst out laughing suddenly. He looked at her with admiration, he thought there was nothing funny about his words but he felt good seeing her laugh, it made him want to laugh too. "So, you're ready right? Because maybe this will give you a lot of symptoms in your chest." He deliberately said that to make her laugh again. And she was still laughing but slowly stopped it with bites her lips. "O-kay."

They turned to another road and just kept going without know the destination. "The truth is I'm really mad at you." And Sehun quickly added, "But, I am not really sure what I am thinking when actually I could just simply listen to you and met you to know that you weren't that I am thinking. I think I'm too young and can't manage my emotions. You can say it's my defense and also my regret."

Ahyoung just simply looked at him, with a thin smile. 

"It was quite messed, Jiyoon was badly hurt at that time. My mind went crazy, she was filled with blood and—"

"You must be shocked." She said.

"Yeah." He nodded. "And it shocked me too when you threaten me with a said break up." There's a pang of sadness after he said that. He shrugged, "I think that makes me even angrier back then."

She just still looked at him. He said, "So, I know it's too late but I was really sorry." He sent the sincerity of his eyes to her. "I am sorry." He whispered. 

"No." She said. "You don't." 

Sehun stopped walking and she stopped several steps in front of him, she twisted around at him. He locked her eyes, "And what I always knew, I want to see you again not just to apologize but because I miss you." He gave her a wonderfully looked on his face. "I miss you." He couldn't feel his body when he said that, he only got her there.

Ahyoung smiled, a smile full of meaning. Then, she turned around and said, "We had a lot of memories, right?" She walked and he was still standing there.

"How about you?" He asked. "You said you would always miss me, did you?" He held his breath, nervous about the answer.

She stopped and twisted around at him. She blinked, "More than you can imagine."

The tensed of his shoulder loosens, he his head to the sides, couldn't help to smile at her, and smiled getting widely. He walked towards her, blazed eyes on his face. He thought it's enough for now. "So, tell me about you now." They walked again with the same steps. 

"What?"

"Why did you give up being an architect? I don't think you will stop just because of your parents." 

Sighed, she said. "I am not giving up. I had an accident and it causes a problem with my ulnar nerves."

"You—what? When? And—"

"It affects my fine motor nerves so that my hand ability was weakened and my pinky and ring fingers couldn't move."

Sehun was staring at her, listen carefully. Ahyoung added, "I did therapy for almost three years and continue in two years but until now if I bent my elbows too long or my hands are tired, it will become painful and numbness, sometimes it's hard to held something." She raised her right hand and smiled at it. "But, it's alright now."

Sehun took her hand, "When did it happen?" He held her hand, looked at her face in hurtful. 

"Years ago." She looked at how the way he held her hand softly.

"Before you went to New York?" He asked.

Ahyoung gazed at him. He knows it's true, her eyes said it's true. "Why didn't you tell me?" He felt a pinch in his heart. "Or—if we met that time, did you going to tell me?"

Ahyoung shook her head slowly. "No. I want to see you not to say that I'm hurt."

"I really—" 

Ahyoung chuckled like that was nothing. "I am okay. I have started doing a lot with my hand—" 

Sehun gently her backhand, he touched the small scarf on her wrist. "Is this your style now." He smiled, he noticed a scarf since the first time they met. It's a different style and color, depending on the clothes.

Automatically, Ahyoung pulled her hand away from him. "Yeah, something like that." She was afraid of the scars being seen. "Isn't cool?"

Sehun's hand was still there, he just feels the air now. He was paused for a moment and pulled back his hand with a bitter smile. 

"Aren't you hungry? Let's find food to eat." Ahyoung light up the mood. 

He was smiled, a genuine smile. "What do you want to eat?" 


Ahyoung sat on the side of the Han River while waiting Sehun ordered something to eat on the food truck.

Take a deep breath, Ahyoung feels the wind that calming her. Sehun walked towards her with two boxes of squid grill and one bottle of soju. He was staring at her as slow down the steps. It's funny for him, of the thousands of people he met, she was the only person who changed his life forever. 

Ahyoung turned around, and he smiled. "Can you really drink?" Sehun sat beside her and put down food and drinks on the ground. 

"Two bottles..." She answered in hesitant.

He frowns at her. "Wow."

She laughed. "That's only when I feel depressed."

He gave her a glass and pour it to her. 

"It's weird." She muttered 

He looked at her.

"Now, we drink like this—" She giggled. "It was just like yesterday when we ate ramen at our favorite restaurant."

"Yeah, but our favorite restaurant was closed now." 

They looked at each other and looked away. "I always want to come here when I go back to Seoul. It's calming..." She said.

"Call me anytime when you need a friend to do what you want to do when you get back here."

Ahyoung blinked, she was not sure she could do it with him. She was not ready with herself, just seeing him once was enough to shake her heart, if she always saw him, she knew one thing that she would always fall for him again.

"So, how many men have you dated there?" Sehun asked suddenly. "Short time—a long time—?"

"Do you still think I'm a playing girl?"

"No. But, it sounds strange if you don't have many boy or man who are crushed on you and you can dating them easily."

"I dated once. One year.."

Seh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter