Ch. 9 - Always

MEET YOU AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

N/A : Thanks to the subscribers who are always waiting for this story. If you enjoyed this story, please comment and vote. That will help and encourage me to continue writing. I hope you always stay healthy^^

 

2007

The second semester of the second year comes. Entering mid-January, the air is at its lowest points in Seoul. However, students still have enthusiasm in the beginning. 

On the first day of school after a long holiday, many students come to school early. Including Ahyoung and Minah. They went to school together today.

"I hope when we go up to third grade, we will be in the same class ... " Ahyoung embraced Minah's arm while walking in the corridor. "I'm lonely in class."

Minah blew her bangs and glanced to the side, "Lonely? You even forgot about me in last semester and chose to be with Oh Sehun. Geez. Every time we met, the one you always talk about was him." She grumbles. "Miss Kim, I'm telling you. We are still young, we can even meet different men later. But you like him like you won't meet other men ..."

Ahyoung lifts her eyes as if she's lazy to hear that, she stops and looks at her friend, "What about you? You broke up with Danwoo Sunbae and cried all night while saying 'Ahyoung-ah ... How could this happen? I don't want to like another man than him ... I will make him the last ...It felt like my body was broken into pieces .. huhuhuhu' you cried while saying that. Can you still advise me?" She imitated Minah and glared at her.

Minah narrowed her eyes at how detailed she was mimicked her. She turned her face to the front, "Never mind. I'll go to my class first!" Minah annoyed and let go of Ahyoung's hand.

"Jeez...is she getting angry right now?" Ahyoung muttered and smile amused. She went to class and her eyes immediately fixed on the empty seat behind. He has not come..

The last meeting with him was a week ago at work. She quit because her contract was only until the semester break would end. So, now she will only see him at school. Ahyoung sat in her seat and smiled at several students in the class. She wasn't too close to her classmates from the start. She was acting normal, but the girls seemed awkward with her. That makes her feel alienated sometimes. Minah said that because she got a lot of love from male students and if they stood next to her, they would feel even worse and men will certainly choose her. Does she have to feel good or bad because of that? Minah is the only one who's close because they have been friends since middle school.

Ahyoung put down her drawing book and continued one of the drawings. Every time the sound of the back door slid, she would look back. She had to turn four times to finally see the person she most wanted to see today. She wanted to say hello but it was too obvious, so she just smiled with the eyes that followed him. She noticed the scarf on his neck that wasn't from her. She had never seen him wear it, making her a little sad. Did he really throw it away?

Sehun sat in his chair, he looked up and they looked at each other for a few seconds, she smiled but he threw his eyes out the window. Even so, she was glad to see him. She turned back to her position and found Jihye looking at her with a strange look that made her smile turn rigid. However, their relationship is a bit complicated in the past. 

The bell rest is the most awaited thing. Ahyoung followed Sehun who left the class. All students are no longer surprised to see both of them but still wonder about their relationship. 

"Oh Sehun!"

Nearly half a year he heard her voiced ringing on his ears, making him very familiar with the way she called his name. Even the smell of her fragrance and what expression she will show afterward. It's bad for him. 

She tilted her head with hands behind her back and smiled like what he had drawn on his head. "You're not going to the roof? Why walk this way?" She was curious.

He glanced as still walking, "I am hungry. I am gonna have lunch in the canteen..."

She closed in disbelief, "Really?!" Seeing his gaze, she knew that she was overreacting. She turned into a little calm, "Why? So, you are not going to the roof anymore?" She asked.

"It's cold outside, I could freeze to death."

Ahyoung chuckled, "You're right." Her little laugh turned into a smile while staring at the side of his face. 

"Stop staring at me.." he said.

She bit her lip and locked her hair, "You're always aware of it."

Of course, he was very aware of it. Without needing to turn back to her, he knew she had smiled as staring at him that long. She will deliberately walk behind him, so she can look at his back for long. He noticed from the windows of cars parked along the road or the glass walls of buildings. As a habit, he let her.

They entered the canteen which had many students. Both of them were waiting in line to take food provided by the school. Meat, eggs, vegetables, fruit, and dessert are there. They are free to choose anything. 

Ahyoung looked at the food that Sehun chose and she realized one thing. "You don't like spicy food, do you?" When they first ate ramen together and saw him eating at work, he never ate a spicy thing. He also likes to stir the food first.

"I can't eat them." He replied as went to an empty table. 

She followed him and sat in front of him "Really? I really like spicy food."

"That's good. That means we're not compatible.." He put a piece of meat in his mouth.

"You are wrong. We can complement each other..." She pointed at him with chopsticks. 

He didn't comment anymore and just ate. She glanced at him, holding something in her chest, but in the end, it spilled out. "Christmas present from me... did you really throw it away?" She was prepared to hear an answer that might make her sad. She was looking down. "I never saw you wear it.."

"It's mine now. So it's my business to wear it or not.." He replied.

She pouted. "At least read the letter.." she supported her chin with her hand while watching Sehun eat like there was the sky on his face. She was grinning and continued eating. 

This semester, the two of them spent a lot of time together at school. Actually, Ahyoung was the one who followed his schedule. She will stay in the library when he was there, read a different book and sit opposite, or stand to lean on a bookshelf. Instead of reading, she looked at him more and she will read the book that he has read to find out his thoughts. 

Sometimes, she will be in the audience's seat to watch him play soccer in the hall. Then quietly put the mineral water bottle in his gym locker. 

Ahyoung still gives him her notesbook. After school, they still stayed in class to do homework together to become his tutor. Sehun never asked for it, but thanks to their homeroom teacher who knew Sehun always had low grades lately, she told Ahyoung who had a high ranking in the class to guide him. That was to save the scholarship. 

He has no choice.

And today they are together again in class after school. Sehun has shown his progress after being mentored by her. He is not a no-brainer, he just seems to never listen to the teacher in class because he is asleep. She also knows that he works from after school until midnight. He must be tired, sometimes she worried about him.

"It's snowing?!" Ahyoung looked up at the window. 

Sehun glanced at the window and looked at it normally. He noticed her that sitting in front of him with a light in her eyes. The same way as when she watched the first snow fell.

"Looks like it's the last snow in winter." She murmured and laid her cheek on the back of her hand. "Ahh...I can't wait to see flowers blossom."

Sehun can see the side of her face from above clearly. Several strands of hair fell on her cheek. He found her getting pretty under the scorching sun, so he looked away. 

"Oh Sehun.." she called. "Which season do you like the most?" She asked.

He still worked on the questions on the paper. "I don't really think about it ..." he answered lightly.

"Hmm.." she responded. "I think I will like all the seasons this year... "

"Wae? Because you will be with me? Don't dream..."

She giggles. He began to be able to read the direction of her mind. "Jeez ... so what about me? Do you mind? " 

"Our relationship isn't that close, I didn't even decide to make friends with you." 

"Who wants to be your friend? I don't want to be your friend." She replied.

"Then don't come near me."

She closed her eyes and smiled. "If I don't come near you, how do you see what's inside me?" 

"I'm not interested in seeing 'inside' of you. I'm scared. Don't you have anything else to do but stick to me?" He stopped writing and crossed his arms. "You think I'm that innocent and didn't know when you came to work at my workplace? Tsk. You didn't even understand when I told you to leave. Are you American? Don't understand Korean?" He began to speak English. "Go away! Leave me alone! Get away from me! Did you just get me?"

She chuckled made him frowns. "Oh Sehun ... are you nagging now?..." 

He cleared his throat. "I am not." He continued writing.

"You have a lot to say now." She teased. "That's great."

"I am not..." He said in a lower voice.

She chuckled, "Are you embarrassed now?"

"I am not!" He pressed and moved to another table. She turned away her face from the window to watch him, she put the other side of her cheek on both hands that lie flat. "Look, aren't you embarrassed?" She keeps .

"Shut up."

She laughs silently and just staring at him. There were only two of them in the class, very quiet, and she could hear the ink scraping on the paper. 

It should be over soon because Sehun has to go to work. After a moment, the alarm on his watch rang along with his work being done. "I will be late..." he closed the book and stretch his body to the right and left. He stopped his movements when he saw Ahyoung sleeping. He looking down, thinking for a moment, he tore the paper from the middle of his notebook, making a paper ball and intended to throw it at her. But the curve made by her lips made him only squeeze the ball of paper in his hand. "She even smiles in her sleep." He murmured.

Sehun put all his books in the backpack, then zipped the backpack and stood up. He came to her, hesitant to wake her up. He put down her notes and looked at her. 

He opened his mouth and closed it again. It's better not to wake hed up right away. He looked at his watch, he took it off and set an alarm then put it next to her face. He walked towards the door and turned his head for a moment then he actually left her. 

After twenty minutes had passed, the beeps repeatedly echoed. Her eyes twitched as slowly opened. She realized she had fallen asleep and forcing herself to wake up made her head dizzy. She looked around, Sehun was not there. She looked at her notebook and a watch that was familiar with the alarm still sounded. 

Why doesn't he wake me up right away? She was wearing his oversized watch in her wrist and smiling thinking that he left this for her. 

Sehun returned home around three o'clock in the morning, after he climbed the stairs to his house he found that several people had been waiting on the terrace with his sister who was being held by them.

"Oh Sehun!" His sister's frightened face turned to relief. Meanwhile, Sehun seemed calm seeing all those who were already annoyed waiting for him.

"I told you not to come home. Meet me behind the bar." He said.

A man in his thirties with a cigarette in his mouth came over to him, his name was Mr. Ong. He is an accomplice of his father's gambling friend. They collect their father's debt since last year. His face was a little scary, he smiled wickedly and put his arm around Sehun's shoulder and then whispered something to him.

"I'm actually sorry for you and your sister. But what else can I do? Your father difficult to found. Or do you want to pay it off with your sister instead?" 

Sehun punched his stomach until he fell backward.. "Watch your mouth!" 

Sunghee closed her eyes and tried to break away from them.

The men of Mr. Ong prepared to beat up Sehun but was stopped by Mr. Ong "It's okay ... I understand the instability of young people." He laughs and moves. He threw the cigarette in his hand and stepped on it with his black leather shoes.

"So pay the rest of your debt along with the interest. Now!" Mr. Ong began to get angry by destroying the flower pots in their yard. 

Sehun took a wad of money from his bag which was his salary this month. "As I said, I'll pay in installments once a month and don't come to my house." He handed it over. "Meet me outside."

Mr. Ong took the money and counted the money. "350$? This is very far from the amount of your debt. " He laughed with a sneering face. "Installments? Your father's debt is 7000$ plus the interest is 1000$. Two months, I want you to pay it off in two months!" Mr. Ong glared at him. "Beat up this young man!" He told his men then leave.

Sunghee panicked and shouted at them to stop. She told them to stay away from her brother while crying. They looked at the two with satisfaction and spit around them then left.

Sehun wiped the blood at the corner of his lips, and look at them while holding back anger. Sunghee helped him up and brought him inside. She treated the wound with tears

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter