Ch. 18 - Fluttering Heart

MEET YOU AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There's a chill in the air, even though it's still September and therefore practically still summer. 

Sehun walked to the club with his hands in the pockets of his brown jeans jacket. Since rumors about students working in clubs, he more often looked around. He feels someone watched him.

A black Audi stopped not far ahead, he felt familiar. Sure enough, that was him. Should he call him her lover? Pft, it sounds funny. 

He walked closer as Mino rush going to the club. The car's engine was still running, he looked at the tinted window car that still clear to see inside if you concentrated.

As soon as he saw Ahyoung inside the car, his heart does that paused, and just for that one second, he held his breath. And then, the strange fluttering in his chest comes, and Mino running down back as passed him to his car.

He straight ahead. Her old words pop out in his head, "I accept them just to have fun and don't use any feelings." And her conversation with Kris, "But, do you still have a feeling for him?," Then she replied, "Always,"

He went to the club without looking back. He changed clothes in the staff locker room. He tries not burdened by tomorrow, no matter what, he prepares thousands of plans if bad things come. 

The door is jammed, and he was trying to yank it open. He finally gets the door loose and he gets out of the room. 

As he walked toward the kitchen, he glanced at the gap in the back door which was slightly open. He tilted his face, feeling familiar with the person standing near the trash can, he raised his eyebrows when he knew for sure who he was. That was his father.

He pulled the door handle to went out but someone overtook him from behind, he was Jehan who was his senior staff here. He still standing at the door as looked at Jehan who approaches his father.

Jehan pulled something out of his jacket and gave it to his father then he went back to inside and just looked at him nonchalantly. After making sure Jehan left, he walked quickly after his father who walked away. He pulled the sleeve of his jacket until he turned to face him.

His father's face turned shocked, he stepped back and tried to run, but Sehun held him back and pulled him to the wall and asked, "What did you bring?" 

He shook his head, "It's nothing," Sehun clearly saw and could not believe him, he looked over at his jacket and reached into himself. A bag filled with crystal meth wrapped in small plastic medicine. 

He held out the drugs and looked hard at his father, "You are crazy, huh? You do it again,"

Mr. Oh gets it back swiftly. He looked back at his son, "You know this saves me from debt and we can get rich. You know how much profit in each gram,"

Sehun gripped the collar of his jacket, "Then, what you want me to say? It was great?" 

Mr. Kim glared at him, "You work hard morning and night. But still can't pay the debts right? You are wasting your time."

He let out his irritating laugh, "Stop embarrass yourself and your family." He snickered. "Ah, I forgot, I deleted you from the so-called family,"

"So, you want to go like your mother too? Your mother is what made us like this- "

His eyes went red and liquid, "Stop talking about her. She left because of incompetence as the head of the family." He scoffs.

"Oh Sehun? Manager Shin call you," He turned his head when staff called him, slowly he released him and said, "Don't think that I'll just stay quiet, I can report you anytime,"

"Do whatever you want but your sister won't let you because she enjoys the money that I gave to her," Mr. Oh left after saying that. Sehun still felt the hot flow in his chest. He stared angrily at the back of his father who was walking away.

Jihye looks at photos of herself, then her personal data, and her work. She felt no air there, unsteady on her leg, her chest tight and she looked around quicks.

"Are you scared now?"

Her breathing hitched, she slowly turned at the familiar voice, that's Kim Ahyoung, she closed the door and showed her profile side. Jihye's breath turned to ragged as her blood rushes on her face. 

Ahyoung straighten up at her, "It was me who put it there,"

"Yah!" She screamed as she pushed her to the locker until it was heard throughout the hall make all students in the class come out and who stand along in the hallway look at them in surprise.

"You crazy girl..." Jihye holds Ahyoung's chest up with her arm, Jihye eyes at her like she's ready to kill. 

She hissed, "Same with you, I was surprised to know everything about you."

Jihye pulled her arm, "You " she slapped her face hard until her face bowed sideways and her hair fell on the sides of her face. Ahyoung will consider it as paid off after she slapped her too on vacation.

Ahyoung slowly put her face up and Sehun was standing there. Her eyes shaken in embarrassed and she turned at Jihye, "Do you want to talk about it here?"

"Do you want me to talk about your great father?" 

"Just talk about it. I'm not afraid, because I still have everything. As for you, you won't have anything after it's all spread," 

"Yah!!!" Jihye raised her hand to slap her, but before that happened, Sehun shouted at her name, "Song Jihye!", she ended up hitting the locker beside Ahyoung's face. Tears fell on Jihye's cheeks, "Come with me." Jihye walking first as leaving her in shock. 

Ahyoung let out she sighed and turned calmed swiftly. She knows Sehun looked hard at her, she just gave him a glanced and walking but he grabbed her arm fast, "Stop it, don't catch up with her."

She looked at him and swallowed, "I started it so let me finish it. I said I would help you right?" 

His an eyebrow raised, "What do you mean?"

She held his hand, "Just see..." The muscle in Sehun's jaw jumps. "You said you would see."

"Yeah, I said," he makes a derisive sound. "but I didn't let you make me like a bad person who just watched you take care of it."

"You said you don't believe me." She whispered. The tension in his shoulders loosens and said, "I choose to believe you,"

She slightly tilted her face as if looking for other words from him, but they only ended up looking at each other intently. Then she said, "Okay," she knows he was meant it. "See you in class,"

Five minutes later, Ahyoung had Jihye on the roof where she and Sehun used to stay when there were no teachers or after eating in the canteen. 

Jihye took a deep breath, in a trembling voice she asked, "What do you mean by all this?" She held up the document and photos.

"You're spreading rumors of a student working at the club, right?"

Jihye struggles to find her voices, "I don't understand what you say," 

Ahyoung sighed calmly and walked closer, "I saw you enter the club where Sehun works. There's no way you didn't see him," she got closer and left one step,

"You came to the club three times, I'm sure the reason Sehun didn't see you were because you avoided him to see you and you didn't come to the club again."

Jihye's face was getting tight, she smiled heartlessly,

"So, are you doing this for Sehun's sake? Are you threatening me to a boy who doesn't even like you?"

Ahyoung smiled and looked down, sweetly she said, "You can't mess up someone's life when your own life is a mess," she lifts her face as she put her hand inside the pocket of the blazer. Her face turned serious and she said firmly, "So I mean if I hear Sehun's name mentioned or even a photo of him spread out over this rumor, I don't hesitate to reveal everything about you." 

Jihye laughs to the side. Ahyoung said, "Why did you do this to him? You're upset, the great Oh Sehun always ignores you, right?"

Jihye flinches as she hit her, "Anyway, do what you want." She moved aside, walking, Ahyoung blinked, and said sincerely, "Must you follow your mother?" She turned around. Her grandfather once said, no matter how much we hate our ex-friends, there will always be tenderness for them.

Jihye stopped, she wet her lips and turned at her. "Just mind your business," she walked again.

Yes, that's right, that's none of her business. But seeing Jihye's life like her mother hurts her. Even though knowing this was pointless, she still wanted to say something that she held her heart, "It's not too late to stop. You can do better than this, have you forgotten your dream? This isn't right,"

"You're so annoying..." She stopped again and turned at her. Smiled tug on her side lips, "You grew up from a wealthy family, obviously, everything seems easy for you. You have no idea about life." Jihye looked over at her. "Even you get attention easily, I hate you about that,"

Ahyoung gave tsks at her, "You look more jealous of me," 

"Eo. I am jealous of you, you have everything that I always wanted to have, it's frustrating," 

"That's why you're always competitive with me?"

"I hate losing to you."

Ahyoung let out her sighs, "To be honest, I don't really care about how you feel. I just want to say you better stop your work, it makes me sad to see you like your mom."

"Sad? Don't act like you're still my friend," She smirked and said, "Talk about my mom, could your dad still call her?"

Ahyoung's face changes, "I think our chat is enough here." Jihye crossed her arms, "Wae? You saw it too on your birthday. We saw them together. Ah, should I register to be your father's child too? Maybe I can have everything like you." 

"Just don't say anything." Ahyoung stands there numb.

"I'm just telling the truth. Don't look at me like that," Whatever she sees in Ahyoung face must please her, she smiled, "You look funny now." 

Ahyoung held herself to not goaded by her.

"Don't worry. I will never tell anyone about him or about your family. You might end up crazy," Jihye turns on her shoes and walks in to inside.

"Tsk." Ahyoung chuckle in watery eyes. She wiped tears on the corner of her eyes with her fingers so they not fall.

Sehun heard all of their conversations.

He leaned on the wall as he looked at the floor, Jihye went inside and ran down the stairs without noticing his presence. He took a photo that had fallen from the envelope she was carrying. He looked at the photo for a moment and turned at Ahyoung that was still standing there.

He walked over to her and stood beside her without realizing it. He sighed, "You have a complicated relationship with her."

"Huh," she looked to her side in surprise, "What are you doing here?"

"Mr. Go already entered the classroom, you know that we are lat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter