Ch. 6 - 10cm of Us

MEET YOU AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The school has been very quiet since this morning. This was all since Ahyoung is the victim. They no longer dare to bother her.

Sehun was up the stairs to the rooftop while on the phone with Jiyoon. She asked about the video that she was sent and he thanked her for that.

"You haven't answered whether you're friends with her or not."

"That's not important."

She sounded a sigh, "You've never had friends and don't like to interfere. Could it be that she is the person you like?" She became excited.

"Don't speak randomly. You know what I want to be a cop like you and I'm just doing my job.." He opened the door and found the person who had just been talked about was crying alone.

"Noona ... I'll call you later. Bye.." He hung up the phone and put it in his pocket.

She continued to cry without realizing his existence. He walked to the bench and opened his lunch. He enjoyed his meal while watching her sob.  

She muttered to herself about how she felt her days were like years. She cursed her ex and swore she would only date a good person.

Hearing everything makes him laughs at her. He finished his meal and lay down, crossing his arms on the back of his head as a pillow then closing his eyes.

"Stop crying, I want to sleep." 

She turned her head after hearing that. She began to stop and wipe her tears as thinking about when he was there and it was making her embarrassed. She came to him and sat on the bench next to him. 

She looked down at him in silence. Even he still looks handsome from an upside-down angle. It feels like she wants to touch his hair which was slightly swaying because of the wind. 

"Oh Sehun." She called him. 

"Ng?" He replied shortly as usual.

"Do you work after school too?"

He replied "Hm." As yes.

"Can't you take a day off?"

"Who do you think you are?" He asked her with a usual smirk.

She almost burst out because she knew the response would be like that. It seems like she's getting used to the way he treats her.

"Oh Sehun."

"Ng?"

"Thank you."

He was silent.

"Because of you, I survived while in school." She said sincerely.

She was put her hand to discovered his face from sunlight, "I will repay you.." Let herself save him from the sun since he saved her from the rain.

He could feel the presence of her hand which made it comfortable. He opened his eyes to looked at her palms. The same palm that he saw like that time.

To be honest, he was quite surprised at that time, he didn't know what to react because they never even greeted each other. He even thought that she was trying to touch his face.

She was sighing and said, "I want to know who sent it all. I want to say thank you and asking the reason for helping me."

He closed his eyes was still silent and let her talking alone.

She separated her hands to see his face as asks, "Is he from our school?"

"Why do you think the one who helped you was him? What if it's her not him?" He mumbled over her confidence.

"Oh! Could he like me quietly?" Sounds excited.

"You think everyone who helps you likes you huh?" He opened his eyes and doesn't think the palm changes became her face. He could say she was flustered as their eyes met. She was like holding her breath.

"What are you nervous about?" He asked easily like it was nothing and closed his eyes. 

"I-I am not." She replied quickly. She was lying. 

The treatment of her friends returned to normal although some of them still see her with an unpleasant sight. It's okay, what's important now, she doesn't have a hard-step towards school. She passed her school day perfectly. 

And today she has big plans. She would follow Sehun to found out about his workplace. She had planned it since yesterday. He always does not want to answer when asked where he works. So, she will find it by herself.

The sky was getting dark. Ahyoung looked around while following Sehun who walked not far in front of him. 

She walked cautiously. She saw him crossing the road to a convenience store. She hid behind the car while waiting for him. But he still didn't come out and not long he appeared with already changed into a uniform minimarket officer.

"Oh. He works there ..."

She tidied her appearance and crossed the road to the convenience store. She went inside, acting as a customer and looked at Sehun as pretended to be surprised.

"Oh Sehun!" She was smiling. "You work here!" 

She thinks that she succeeded. But he seems wasn't surprised made her lost her smile.

"I saw you walking behind me." He gave her a sharp look.

She stuttered as touch her neck awkwardly, "hh..how do you know?" 

He looked away and told her to leave. 

"I am a customer." She said.

"Customer? You're just a stalker. Don't you afraid that I might sue you?" He took the box of goods and brought them to the shelf.

She glared as follow him, "You are so mean."

Suddenly he was starting hated this feeling, he began to get used to seeing her around him, "You better leave, if you don't buy anything." 

"I'm buying!" She protested while pretending to look around. What should she buy?

Finally, she bought a cup of ramyeon and ate it on the table inside while secretly watching him. She adores how he was getting serious in his works... She began to wonder about the reason he worked so hard. Is it because his parents didn't give him money? Or are his parents gone? She was shocked by every speculation.

She was already sitting there with the third ramyeon that she bought. It makes her stomach bloated. She complained to herself for eating too much. 

She started yawning because she was sleepy and looked at her watch that already at nine o'clock. 

Luckily, her parents went abroad so she was free and agreed with the driver and household assistant.

She looked at Sehun who seemed to be working on something. She walked over and peeked at him from behind. Her eyebrows raised, it turns out he's working on math homework for tomorrow. "You can't use that formula for problems like this-" she said after looked at him who seems difficulty in doing his homework.

He turned at her that too close with him in slow motion gazed. He could smell her shampoo and see her white skin. 

"I will help you. I've done my homework." She turned back at him and smiled.

He moved his eyes as pulled his book, "I don't need."

She frowns. "Eiyy...I know your math score is lower than me. I'll tutor you-" 

And in the end, he listened to her. They sat behind the cashier's desk and she taught him in a simple way that surprised him. He becomes easier to understand. 

She patiently waited for him when there was a customer then taught him again. She was watching him that was so serious about working on the problems. Never thought, she could be this close to teaching him. She noticed the distance of their arms that were very close. She measured it by drawing a line between them with a pen.

10cm of us.

She wrote.

"I am done." He said.

She startled and covered her writing smoothly. He noticed it but he ignored it.

"Let me check it." She looks like a real tutor. 

Admittedly, she was good at teaching people. He stared at her while she checked his homework, it was strange to see her quiet and serious as if he had found something new about her. In a good way. Of course. 

"You answered everything perfectly, surely because I explained it well to you." She boasts as turned at him with smiles. He blinked, lowered his eyes and then took his book. "It's not because I'm stupid. I only often sleep so I don't pay attention to the teacher in class" 

"You better make sure to always sleep in class so I can be your tutor." She was happy just to imagine that. She was willing to teach him every day.

He put down her notebook with a beat in front of her. "I will make sure to not sleep in class." 

"Geez." She giggles and gave her notebook to him.

"I will let you have my notebook. It will help you a lot. The exam is coming up soon." 

He looked at her feels not sure but she just leaves it on the table. 

He swallowed, "I will return it later after I copy them." It just because he needs it.

She shrugs. "Up to you." She thought this could be an unseen bond and it made her happy. 

He looked at their book and could not believe he let her teach him. 

The end of the semester test will start soon and Sehun has to raise his grades report. But his job was very busy lately because he also has to pay rent for a house.

And fortunately today he accepted his salary for this month and the bonus too. He was smiling satisfied and bow to his boss grateful. 

He was immediately going to pay his rented house after three months in arrears. 

"Hhh...I let your family still there because of you. I didn't understand how your father can different." said ahjumma that owner of his place now.

He just gave her a little smile, "Thank you for your considerate.."

He went back home, on his way to his door home, he could hear his sister fought with his father and he didn't surprise. They're used to be like that.

Before he opened the doors, his sister just went out with anger on her face. She looked at him annoys,

"Yah! Tell your father that if he couldn't make money then don't throw his matter to us!"

He wasn't said anything and looked at his sister with a short dress, "Noona, you still singing in a bar?"

"Of course, I need money." Sulked her. She stares at him intimi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter