Ch. 20 - I Like You

MEET YOU AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A cup of hot chocolate doesn't adequately describe her gratitude to Kris, If not because of him, Mino might have found her lied about the study group. Kris sent him a message when she was with Sehun, he said that Mino asked about her study group. He asked about placed and anyone who studies with her.

Kris and Ahyoung get out from cake shop and walking on the street, "This is strange, why do you still want to be with him if you are still attached to Sehun?"

"It's a little complicated," she laughs, "I'm the one who complicates it,"

Kris smiled and gazed at her profile. She fascinates him.

"Does the dating offer still apply?" 

"Huh?" She glanced at him in confusion.

"You said we could date after you broke up with Mino,"

She flustered and laughed to release the awkward feeling. "Don't take my words seriously,"

"I am disappointed." He said, "Are you the type to easily change your words?"

She opened wanted to answer but he cut her off, "Arraseo. I got it," she pursed her lips and smiled again.

Shortly, Mino called Kris and she talked with him too. He said he wanted to pick her up. Ahyoung allowed Mino to pick her up, he said that he would arrive in twenty minutes.

"He will pick you up?"

Ahyoung put her cellphone back in her jacket pocket, "He just wants to check whether I'm right with you or not,"

"It seems like that."

"Actually, I was lying about going to dinner with grandpa to him, but I don't know he will be asked you. Fortunately, you told me. So, I can say that it was canceled."

"You owe me a lot,"

"Eo, thanks to you."

"You seem to hate him so much, I think he is the type who treats his girlfriend so well,"

"He is?" She smirked, "He to his girlfriend,"

They sat at the bus stop while waiting for Mino. Kris continued talked about Mino, "Actually, I heard some bad rumors about him. But, I can understand that. He and his mother were always treated harshly by his father."

She frown, "Mr. Song?" Kris nodded, "But he looks very sweet with his wife at dinner at my house," she doesn't believe that.

"His attitude is hard to accept, but human attitude is the result of the life he has been through,"

She agreed, "Well, that's right."

"He just doesn't know how to love because he sees his parents like that,"

She crossed her arms and tilted her head at him, sweetly she said, "Oho, I didn't know you were a wise person,"

Kris crossed his arms too and leaned towards her, "I am,"

They smile then laugh together. They looked forward again and were silent. Ahyoung was curious about something that always bothered about Mino, he glanced at Kris and he hesitantly asked, "Kris," he turned at her, "Um, do you know that Mino is running a business or something?"

"Of course." 

Her expression changes after heard his answers,

"You know that?"

"His father owns a large company and several subsidiaries, of course, Mino runs one of his father's subsidiaries, he is that rich,"

She seems disappointed with his answers, "I mean, what's he did something bad or illegal or anything else,"

He giggled, "His father was a high official, even if he did that, no one would know."

"Why?"

"Because his father covered it,"

Kris was right. Mino was never involved in a scandal because his father covered everything. Kris checked the watch in his hand, he moved and said, "Then I have to go now, he already knows you are with me and he will definitely pick you up, right?"

"Ng, gomaweo, jinjja."

He nodded and looked at her meaningfully, "Thanks for this too," he raises a cup of chocolate. He left but stopped and turned around, she gave him a look, he smiles, "See you,"

She nodded, "Eo,"

He walked again and twisted around at her, she was grinned in bewildered, "Don't hesitate to ask for my help again," he said.

She nodded again. Automatically he nodded as her and turned back and after several steps, he turned at her again made her laughed.

"Just go," she said. "You give me goosebumps," He laughed, and then this time he was walking without turned at back again. Ahyoung took a breath and looking around. She pulled out her cellphone and looked at the calendar, "When should I break him up?" But she has to find the problem first like before, which makes him unable to do anything to take her back. 

When she locked her cellphone, her cellphone screen came back on, it vibrated, and Sehun's name pops up there. She paused for a moment, come to think of it, Sehun often called her first now. Smiling, she picked up the phone, "Hello?"

(Can I meet you right now?) 

She blinks over his sudden question, she glanced around, she was talking like to herself, "I am at the bus stop last we got off," hesitantly, she told him, "But Mino on the way to pick me up here,"

"How long he will be there?" He asked quickly.

She looked at her watch, "Maybe about 10 more minutes. Let's meet next time,"

(No, I want to come to you,)

There's a quick beat after he said that. "Did something happened?" She swiftly said, "I can't now." He did not hear her last sentence, he turned off the call.

She went still and no words come out even opened. She gets up and looked to the street on the right and left. Who will come first? What should she do? Did Sehun really come? She will die of happiness if he really comes to her right now but on another side, she hopes he came before Mino is there or he would never come but if he never comes at all, she would feel she going to sad.

She looked to the left, the black Audi turning into the road. She looked to the right, no one there. She wet her lips, maybe he was not serious. She hoped he wasn't serious. Then her eyes noticed someone ran out from the dark after a streetlight shone on him. Her eyes light up, her shoes moved but she couldn't even take a step. 

She looked to the right and left alternately. Mino stopped the car right in front of her and Sehun slowly stopped a few meters away. They look at each other, he in his breath, her eyes shaking. One day Grandpa said that as long as he always came to you, that means you. She wants to believe that.

Mino's window was down. He lowered his head slightly, "Come in,"

She breathes and feels sorry, she turned away and walked toward the passenger seat door. She got into the car and put a seat belt on. As the car drove, she looked at Sehun who was still standing there in ashen and he followed her gaze. She ended up looking at him on the rearview mirror on the side of the car with frivolous feelings.

"Mino,"

Kris put the earphone on his ear, he heard music from the iPod which he put into his hoodie pocket. When he put his hands in his pocket, someone who ran from the opposite direction nudges his side body, he twisted around and there was Sehun who momentarily turned to him to say, "Sorry," for another second Sehun realized who the person he was bumping was. They looked at each other for a few moments as Sehun walked to the back and rushed turned around to run back.

Kris noticed where he was running, he ran towards the bus stop. Kris still stood there to see what's going on. Mino's car came and Sehun stopped there. Kris took a step and stopped when he found out Ahyoung got in Mino's car. He looked at Sehun who was standing still while watching Ahyoung who was leaving. 

One thing he knew at that time when saw Sehun, he looked at Ahyoung the same way as he looked at her.

Sehun laughed at himself after Mino's black car left. He stretched his jaw and sat at the bus stop. He dropped his backpack beside him and looked straight ahead. The streets were empty, no more buses were coming. He looked down at his shoes. He doesn't believe that he ran just to meet her with these shoes. 

A smiled tug on his corner lips, and mumbled to himself, "I must be out of my mind," he wears his backpack with one shoulder strap. He gets up and started walking to leaving the bus stop. 

He had gone a little farther, he felt someone running from behind towards him. He glanced cautiously, and when the person took his hand, he automatically pulled the person in front of him and locked her neck from behind. It's her. He loosened his arms and looked down at the crown of her head. He can smell the coconut scent from her hair.

"Oh Sehun!" she patted his arm in a terrible voice.

He back away and his eyebrows in questioningly. Ahyoung coughed while holding her neck, and turned around at him. He moved and looked over at her in worries, "Why don't you just call me? Anyone would think you were a stalker," He tried to defend himself.

She took a breath and said, "You must be really serious about being a cop," 

He doesn't respond and just looked into her. Being stared at by him like that, her cough immediately stopped and she ended it with a sniff. 

"You told me that you want to meet me," she pursed her lips, "and you want to come to me," she blushed as she said that.

He swallowed and looked at her shoulder, "That's..." 

She furrows her eyebrows, "Why?" 

Automatically he answered a big lie without thinking, "I want to eat ramen with you," He was usually a very straightforward person but for the first time he doesn't want to be too clear on her. 

She dropped , "Ramen?" She doesn't believe him, "You were running like that because you want to eat ramen with me?" 

He blinks, which still not looking at her. 

"I can't believe..." She speechless, "Do you know that I'm risking my life to come back to here again?" She nags at him. He shows his innocent face that made her angrier, a little-tiny-bit angry, she continues her nags, "You know how my heart seems to stop when you come and Mino was there too then after that I lied to Mino to drop me off at Minah's house so I could back to here again fast." She breathes after talking fast to him. "I almost thought you were gone and these streets look quiet,"

She's so funny made him almost choked because of laughter but he didn't laugh. He chewed his lower lip instead to held his smile and said as looked at her with a shady look, "Do you want to eat ramen with me?" 

The lightbox that hangs in front of their favorite ramen shop was off, and the inside is already dark with the door locked. 

"Should we give them the advice to be open 24 hours?" she muttered.

He turned at her, "Let's go," she followed him who walked first and said, "So what we have to do?" 

They walked without knowing where they were going. Ahyoung glanced at the backpack Sehun carried, she forgot to ask about that, "Why did you bring a backpack? Didn't you go home earlier?"

"I want to stay somewhere else,"

"Where? Then what about Sunghee eonni?"

"My father returned home so it was a little uncomfortable for me," Then she realized, a frustrated face when he ran towards her because something happened between him and his father. 

"I hope I can see your dad," she said.

He smirked, "It's better you don't,"

She smiled and there was a silence for a moment.

She glanced at him after hesitated for long.

"Hey,"

He glanced at her.

"You said that your mother left, right?"

He turned forward, "hm."

"So you haven't seen her again until now?"

"Not at all."

"Oh, okay. I was just wondering."

He looked over at her in expectant eyes like he knows she would never have just one question. Her lips twitching, she blinked thoughtfully and said,

"Well, do you miss her?"

"Who?"

"Your mom!"

"Oh, I don't know." He answered without explaining, that means he didn't want to talk about it more. She didn't ask again and she could hear Sehun sighing heavily. Even though she walked a little slow because the ankles were still painful, she can still line up with him because he shortens his steps. She likes watching their footsteps side by side.

Suddenly raindrops pitter-patter on their head, it keeps falling and slowly it's turned heavy. Ahyoung r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter