Ch. 22 - I Choose You

MEET YOU AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Who this guy?"

Mino's appearance between them made Ahyoung speechless for a few moments. Before he concluded it by himself, Ahyoung tried to answer him calmly. "He's my classmate."

His eyebrows rose. "You're classmate?" But, he seems more than his classmate. Mino and Sehun looked at each other intensely. Sehun gets up and rolls his eyes to Ahyoung. "Then, I'll go now. See you tomorrow at school." 

"Okay." She smiled at him and get up. Sehun walked away while looking at Mino sharply. Mino began to smirked when he was going to pass him, he held his arm to stop him. "Why are you looking at me like that?" He hissed.

"Song Mino," Ahyoung called out him as a warning. Her heart began to beat. She didn't want them to know each other. But everything has completely happened.

Sehun turned his head to Mino. "Why? You don't like that?" 

"Yes. Especially, I don't like you being close to my girlfriend. Stay away from her at school too."

"I'm not your girlfriend anymore." She insisted on Mino. "Are you forget? We just broke up today."

Sehun pulled the corner of his lips and broke free from his grip. "You hear that?" Then, he walked away leaving the two of them. If it's true they broke up, then that was good news for her because he was clearly not a good man.

Mino hangs his mouth opened and he shoots her a dirty look. "I said there's no breakup today."

"For me we have done." 

He laughed and his head to the side. "You are really something." He grudging nodded.

Sehun could still hear them even though he kept walking without looking back. 

"Listen." Mino steps one foot to her. "I won't let you go that easily."

"Whatever." She let out her breath then leave him. 

"Kim Ahyoung!" Mino called out her in frustration. She just continued walking without listening to him and she saw Sehun walking out of the hotel. A short meeting made her miss him. She wanted to go after him.

"Do you know? I can do anything about Jihye and it will be your fault!" He tried to threaten her, he wants his word had an effect for her and she stopped walking as he wanted.

She turned back at him and said. "All right. Then, I have to back to your father now to tell him about his son's business." She turned away from him and continue walking but Mino walked faster to catch her hand. 

"Do you have to do this? Why are you always trying to get away from me?!" Mino looked into her eyes in anger.

"Because your obsession has always disgusted me." 

"You call it an obsession?" He gripped his hand harder.

"I call that love! I love you! I always want you and only want you to be mine!" What... She never heard that from him. She was staring him harder and said that just he could be heard. "I am sorry, but I am not the same."

For the first time she saw disappointment on Mino's face. She doesn't know whether it's true or not. She just couldn't look at him like she looked at Sehun now. In her eyes, everything about him, looked bad now.

He loosened her hand, his face turned to cold at her. "I don't care you're the same or not. Once you are mine, you can't leave like that easily. Arraseo?" 

She just looked at him in speechless. 

"We go inside and act as nothing happened." He told her and without her answered, he walked first and she let out her frustration sighed. She glanced at his back, Is he ing kidding? He said he loved her after all this time, and what he did to her and how bad he was to her. 

"Onjung?"

Her son ran to her with a doll in his hand after his mom called out him. 

"Come on, we have to go home now!" She smiled looked at how cute he rushed to come to her.

"Eomma, may I bring this?" He showed his mom the doll he was carrying. 

"Where did you get it?" She raised her eyebrows at the doll. 

"Hyung who was sitting there just left it there, so I took it." He said honestly. 

She glanced at the tabled that her son pointed.

"Don't you have to give it back to him? What if he looks for it?"

"Ani. I saw him leave it on purpose." Then, he convinced his mother to let him take the doll with him. "Look, part of his hand is about to come off. You can sew it for me. You never bought me a doll but this is me who found it so you can't prohibit me."

"Just let him carry it." Her husband came to save their son. "Ew." She crinkled her nose. "Are you defending him now?"

"He said he found it." 

They laughed and allowed their son to bring the doll with him. Without realizing, one day, it will bring an old fate to her.

Ahyoung sat on her study table while staring at a plastic bag filled with crystal meth which she had kept for a long time as well as a video that she played repeatedly on a computer. That is the same item that Kiyoung brought. She wondered if Kiyoung caught her recording them or not.

Her phone keeps buzzing. It's Minah. She keeps calling her after she only sends her a short message about Mino who suddenly says he loves her. It had rung three times which made her finally talked to the phone.

"What?"

(What is what? Tell me now! Detail!) She sounds impatient. 

"I will tell you later. I'm not in the mood to talk about it now."

Minah groans. (Look, you're always like this. When Sehun said he liked you, you told me a few days later. Am I really your friend?!)

"I'll hang up! I love you~" She hurriedly hung up the phone before she nagged a lot. She put her cell phone to the table and closed the video. She looked at her cellphone again and called someone on her mind. Oh Sehun.

The ringing of the line already made her heartbeat. She bit her lower lip unconsciously while she waited for him to pick up her call. It's past midnight, he should have finished working.

(Hello?) He picked up her call. She smiled and get up from her chair. 

"Are you still working?"

(Not. I just got home. Why?) She could hear the sound of the door closing and she imagined him walking inside.

"I was just sitting and suddenly thinking of you." She was walking towards the window.

(Oh...) 

She nodded without he could see. She asked him to open another conversation, "Do you still live in Jiyoon Uni's flat?"

(Yes, I still live here.)

"Mmm." She tried not to sound jealous. "How are your burns? Is it getting better now?" 

(I am fine, thanks to you.)

"Mmm." She thought again about the question she had to ask but she didn't want to seem annoying to him. They are not currently in the stage of planning to dating or in dating. What kind of relationship do they have...

"About what happened at the pool, I broke up with Mino-" She paused. Does he have to tell him something like this? She doesn't want to seem like she's single now and so he can move forward. She was worried about what he was thinking about her. She doesn't want to be just a friend but they have come this close, she doesn't want to lose him. He had said clearly that he didn't think about dating now. "It wasn't because you said that you liked me." She said.

(Did you call me to say this thing?)

"No, I'm just telling you."

(It's good if you end anything with him.) He remarked.

She turned her back to lean against the wall. "It's not ended for him though."

(I can tell he's the type like that.)

She looked down and glanced at the crystal meth on the table. Should she ask him for a solution? "Oh Sehun..." She closed and opened it again but before she could utter words, a familiar girl's voice could be heard over there.

(Are you home? Why not call me? I waited for you to almost fall asleep.) Jiyoon's voice. 

Ahyoung pressed her lips and hear a little of their short chat. (Woah, you brought a dinner? Isn't late?) Jiyoon asked him and he responds to her fast. (Your favorite Sundae shop is still open, so I bought it. You said you always missed this while in the dorm.)

(You remember that.) Jiyoon sounds happy and she turned to softly. (So, have you met your mother in there?) His mother...? Ahyoung looked at the side, waiting for him to talk.

(Hello?) He back to the phone without answered Jiyoon.

"Eo." She replied. "Is Jiyoon unni there?"

(Yes. Do you want to talk to her?)

She thought to say yes but what came out was the opposite. "No need." She swiftly added. "Just tell her I said hi. Then, see you tomorrow at school." She hopes he doesn't hear her shaky voice.

(Okay.) 

She hung up the phone and looked out the window. She just didn't want to know if they were together or what they were doing there. She couldn't help to think that there was still a small space for her inside him. 

Both of them fell silent after he told what happened today. They rubbed each mug of hot tea in front of them. He lifts his mug and said, "Well, that's enough for me." He took a big sip and she looked at him in concern.

"That's not enough for you." She knows him really well. "It's hurt you."

He let out of his heavy sigh. "I can't telling this to Sunghee Noona, so don't tell her about this."

"She heard what your father said about your mother. She must look for her too, like you. She might think not to tell you because she wants to ensure about her, like you too."

"Yeah, I just worry she will throw a mess in front of her because she doesn't recognize her. She can scream at her face as she did to our father." He tried to sound funny about that but it's not come out like that.

"She would definitely do that if she knows that your mother isn't recognized you, not her."

He chuckled. "I doubt if she knows how rich she is now. She will demand her to repay us all this time. She loose if it's about money."

She laughed. "You're right." 

He smiled at her. "Thank you for come." Since his mother left, she's the one who best knows the hard times he went through. She nursed him for three days because of high fever and he kept talking about his mother in sleep and she would pat his back every time he was crying or getting hurt. She also fought his neighbor friends who bullied him.

"This is my flat." She mentioned it made him snickering. He got up from his chair and kept his mug in the sink. She put her chin on her palm, elbow on the table, and her eyes keep following his movements. "Have you been dating Ahyoung?" 

"No. Why did you conclude like that?" He was starting washed dishes. She came to his side, leaning her back to the kitchen cabinet, and looked up at him. "Because you never call or chat with a girl on the phone." She began to . "You like her, right?"

He took a mug of her hand. "Just go to sleep, don't you have to go tomorrow morning?" He changed the subject.

She leaned towards him. "I am right, huh? You like her!" She smiled hazily at him.

He stared at her. "Yes. Satisfied?"

She laughed cheering at him like she just won something big. "Ohhhhh! I know that!"

"Shut up."

He dried his hands with a dry cloth. 

"Then, are you going to start dating her?" She became curious.

"No."

She shocked. "Wae?"

"I am not interested in dating."

"You will suffer if you regret later!"

"I am not."

"Eiyyyy~ don't too much think about dating. Jushhh duuu ittt-" He squeezed her cheeks with his hands make her voiced turned out funny.

He said to her, "Don't tell me to date when you're inexperienced."

She frowns and squinted at him.

He laughed at how funny her face now. He paused for a moment, realize that feelings of affection for her do exist, all this time he never look someone else and just looks at her and he always built a thick wall to guard himself, he had many rules for himself. But don't know how it works, Kim Ahyoung, just the one who broke his rules. 

How much does he still like the person in front of him now? How much did he like the person who broke his wall down? 

Mino parked his car in front of an alley, he waited for someone to get out of there. Not long, someone he was waiting for appeared and got into the passenger seat car.

"You said you would never contact me again." A smile crossed her face with eyes full of charm. 

Impatiently he asked, "What did you say to Ahyoung?" 

"Kim Ahyoung?" She tilted her face. "Did you come here out of curiosity?"

"I told you to shut your mouth!" He yelled at her.

Her eyes shaken for a second. She swallowed, "I won't do it if you want to see me again." She held his hand on the steering wheel.

He brushed her hand away. "That's a waste because she thinks we've broken up now." He smirked. "That damn girl! He knows exactly how to make me angry."

She crossed her arms. "Then, dating with me now." 

He snickered. "Don't even dream."

She was offended. "Wae?"

"You're compared to Ahyoung, isn't that obvious?"

Her face getting tighten. He turned at her, "Oh, do you know who are the guys at school who are always with her?"

"Guys? She wasn't so much with boys at school except one person."

"Who?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter