Ch. 29 - Tragedy

MEET YOU AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

N/: Typo always be there and some parts have been dramatized for story and character development.

----

In the car, Mino stares at the dinner invitation letter from Kim Ahyoung. Although strange, he was happy about it. Even though maybe that girl would say it was her parents' plan. 

Ahyoung's favorite Japanese restaurant was on the 19th floor. He entered the elevator, his chest pounding like he was on a date. He tidied up his shirt collar and smell the rose bouquet in his hand. Then he walked out of the elevator after being on the 19th floor.

A staff escorted him to a table that had been reserved on behalf of Kim Ahyoung. He saw the back of a girl who was sitting there. She looks strange from the back but feels familiar.

He walked towards her and hand the rose bouquet. "Kim Ahyoung-ssi." But he just realized something, he was seeing the side of the girl's face. That's Jihye.

He tensed. "What are you doing here?" 

She looked up at him and turned down to the rose bouquet. "I can give this later to Ahyoung." Jihye took the bouquet from his hand. Mino swallowed, "I will go."

"Sit down. I have something to say." He stopped walking. "Just for a minute. After that, you are free to doing anything." She added.

He rolled his eyes and then went to sit in front of her. He looked at her sharply. "I didn't know that you guys were close enough to do this."

When she saw him, her eyes softened. She became doubtful and afraid. But, she couldn't waste the opportunity that Ahyoung gave to her. "I'll get to the point." She took a green ribbon box from her bag and handed it to him.

He studied the box in questioningly, his eyes moved to her and he took it. "You want to meet me just for this?"

She waited for him to open it and only watched him. He opened the box and saw an ultrasound photo and two test packs with two red lines. 

"What is this?" He eyed her fastly and put down the box on the table.

"I am pregnant." 

He furrowed with a half-hearted smile. There was a pause for a moment from him. Then, finally, he opened his mouth. "Do you think I'm stupid?" He snorted. "You are a . You're not only sleeping with me."

"I didn't do it after being with you." She said. "I only did it with you."

He shook his head. "Don't fool me." He whispered after looked around. 

"The last time, in your car we don't use protection. You were drunk and you beg me to still do it without protection."

He still denied even though he remembered vaguely. "Still. I can't believe that you are pregnant because of me." He clenched his teeth. "Even if it's true, I don't care. Nobody will believe you."

"Ahyoung believe me." 

The tip of his lips expand, he looked over at her and his face turned serious. "Abort it."

Jihye was not surprised by that. "No, I will keep it." 

"You are crazy?"

"So, I will give you two choices. Take responsibility by marrying me or being responsible for funding our lives for the rest of your life."

He glared at her. "You are crazy. I won't do both." He leaned towards her. "Just tell me how much you're asking for and abort it."

"I'll just say that. So, I'll go now." Jihye stood up while still staring at him. Mino who was just sitting watching her leave, finally he chased her to the elevator. He cornered her against the wall and pressed the button to close the elevator door then held it. "Who did you tell about this?" He looked into her eyes.

"My mother, Kim Ahyoung, you." She said.

"Tell them to be quiet. Especially Kim Ahyoung." He said. "If this is heard by my father, I would not hesitate to kill you."

She tried to relax and looked into his eyes. "I want you. So, I keep this baby." She blinks when she sees half his smile.

"Don't dream." He said.

Before he gets out of the elevator, she asked him.
"Have you ever thought about me even once?"

"Sure, when I want to enjoy you." He looked over at her then walked out in frustration. Jihye pressed her lips and her eyes twitched as it's beginning to wet. She did not blame him for that because she was the one who always wanted him to come.


Sehun didn't know that it would be that difficult to decide on a gift for a girlfriend. He thought of something that could be saved but also memorable. 

"I have put in twelve playlist songs as you requested." Kiyo handed a CD to Sehun.

"Thanks." Sehun smiled with satisfaction. He will give that CD to Ahyoung tomorrow at Christmas. He wanted that when Ahyoung listened to all the songs in there, she could always remember about them and she could listen to the songs forever. He did not know if he could find the word forever for someone. 

He really had fallen for her.

"Hey." The sound of the door opening without a knock made him quickly hide the CD under the pillow. Jiyoon's face made him know there's something bad.

"I just saw your father."

Sehun's feet went straight down from the bed.

"You see him?"

She nodded. "I chased him. But, I lost him at the train station." She sighed heavily and leaned on the wall. "He looks uneasy and like waiting for something in front of the locker. And I just know that he entered the network of the largest drug groups in South Korea."

He relaxes. "I don't think we should bother chasing him. It is dangerous for you too." He said. "If they find out you saw him, you will get yourself in trouble."

"But-"

"Just don't do anything." He cut off her firmly.

"I heard this group is also being targeted by the police. I certainly can't keep quiet either."

"Even you're  part in the investigation team, you don't have to bother investigating."

"Just promise you won't do anything."

She was chewing her lips, she couldn't promise to him. 

"Just focus on your work. Don't bother about my family matter." He shrugged.

"How could I not think about it, he is still your father and he has taken care of me too."

He shoots her eyes and said to her, "Help me by doing nothing. It will be easier for me."

After a pause, she nodded with a smile. She knows, even he said that he would still bother about it too.


The most eagerly anticipated Christmas eve by Kim Ahyoung. She chose the coat she liked the most, she also wore a scarf that she liked the most. 

7 pm in front of the Ramen Shop.

She still smiled reading the message from last night. Before meeting Sehun, she went to her studio where Jihye had spent the night there. She brought food and vitamins for her.

"Just meet him if you want to meet him," Ahyoung said that after seeing Jihye looking nervous.

"I thought about it." Jihye eyed Ahyoung with a little smiled. Ahyoung lifted her eyebrows, "what's that?"

"As you told me that I should do better. It doesn't matter what Mino will do, I want to do better than my mom with me did, I will stay with my child forever. And I will not lose to him. I have a pride even though my heart for him hasn't changed either."

Ahyoung smiled to hear that and she handed her a paper bag. "Christmas Gift."

"What is this?" Jihye couldn't hide her happiness. She loved the gifts. If remembered by her, they have stopped giving gifts to each other for three years. Jihye pulled out the pretty box and opened it on the table. It was a beautiful pink scarf. "Wuuu...you still have good taste." She reads a short letter that Ahyoung wrote for her.

You are loved more than you know. Don't give up, Jihye-ah

"Ahh...You are even good at writing." Jihye said quickly, hiding her emotion. Ahyoung avoided the awkwardness by going to the darkroom. She took Christmas presents for Sehun. A photo collage arranged neatly in a book and there was writing on each sheet.

"So, are you going to go on a date with your boyfriend?" Jihye asked with a little jealousy.

Ahyoung nodded in excitement. "We planned this already from a month ago."

"Is it hard to be Sehun's girlfriend or is it difficult to be your boyfriend?"

"It's not difficult if we love them."

Jihye snorted. "If they find out I have one child, does any man approach me?"

"Do you believe in soul mates? You will find him."

"Geez." She her head to the side. "It always sounds easy if it's from you."

Ahyoung chuckled and took her sling bag. "I'll go now and call me if you need anything, okay?" She walked backward and make a sign call with her finger.

"Kim Ahyoung." Jihye throws a little box to her. "My Christmas gift for you."

Fortunately, Ahyoung gets it. She looked at her in wonder like when she prepared it. 

"Open it later when you reach your meeting place with Sehun."

"Geez." Ahyoung shook the box at her. "Thank you." She came out of the studio with a bright smile on her face. 

She knew there was still plenty of time until 7 o'clock but she walked faster than usual. She arrived there five minutes early. It feels different. It was their first date again after they were always busy at work. She wondered where Sehun would take her, what he wanted to do with her. She looked around, after 7 o'clock she started sending messages to Sehun that she was already in place. 

As looked around, she remembered the gift given by Jihye. She pulled out the box from her pocket coat and opened it. That was a . She quickly closed the box again while looking around as if someone had seen her. After that, she peeked the item again, speechless. Slowly, she laughed to the side in disbelief. That was the first time she had gotten such a thing, it embarrassed her for some reason. She threw away her wild thoughts and put them in her bag.

Fifteen minutes have passed. Sehun hasn't arrived yet. An incoming call makes the edge of her lips lift.

"Hello? Where are you?"

(Hey. Sorry, I am late. I'm on the way there. Wait...) He sounded in a hurry. 

It's made her smiled. "Okay."

She wraps her coat tighter to keep her warm and looked to the sky. The first snow has not yet fallen, she hopes she could watch the first snowfall with Sehun like last year.

Fifteen minutes passed again. She saw many couples celebrating Christmas together too. She became even more excited. But, she became even more nervous because Sehun didn't come yet.

She called him back. It took two times until he picked up the phone. "Wh-"

(Ahyoung-ah... I am sorry, looks like I can't go there. Something happened to Jiyoon, I had to meet her first. If it's not long, I'll see you.) He said it fastly and her chest was like being thrown by a match. 

"Why?" A tightening of and a short intake of breath. "What happened this time?"

(It's...I don't have time to explain. I will tell you later when I see you.) He was heard running and was confused.

Later again. She pressed her lips, looked at the ground. "I will wait for you."

(If I'm late, you may leave.)

"No. I'll keep waiting."

(Then, I'll call you again later.) The sound was cut off into silence like what she felt now. She held back her tears so as not to wet her cheeks. She will only wait and listen to his explanation later.

She looked back, saw that the ramen shop table had been filled full. She sighed heavily and then unknowingly she had been standing for more than an hour there. She squatted for a few seconds. She held back from calling him again. She can explode right then and there if he tells her he can't come. 

She started chewing on her lower lip, she felt he would never come. But, she still wants to wait for him. When thinking that this was not the first time he had rushed to Jiyoon and she would always be later for him, the upsetting inside her turned into tears. 

As she held back her tears, a man in a black hat suddenly stood beside her and getting closer to her. He seemed hesitant to talk to her and Ahyoung pretend to not aware of his presence.

"Ex...excuse me." Ahyoung glanced at him rather cautiously. The way the man looked at her made Ahyoung slowly shift away. "Ng...are you...Kim Ahyoung? Sehun's girlfriend?" He added. 

Sehun's name made her now properly see his face and stare questioningly. "I am his father." He gave a forced smile then widened to show sincerity. But, Ahyoung couldn't think anything besides fast bow to him. "Hello, sorry I have no idea...you-"

He has calmed her down and signed if it's okay.

"You... waiting for Sehun?" He asked.

Ahyoung nodded. She looked over at him, it's her first time seeing his father. She just realized, the way he smiled was similar to Sehun. That was why she feels a little familiar.

He looks nervous and thinking something long as they're silent. "Hey." He gestured towards her. "I need your help. It's about Sehun. Can you... go with me?"


After quite a long time looking at Jihye's photo, Mino's father took his phone. He looked at the date circled on his calendar, the date of the election for mayor of Seoul. 

"Hello, this is me." He turned his black chair, looked out the window of his home workroom. "There are things you must do neatly, fastly."


Blank out. 

The voices of those who were chatting woke Ahyoung slowly. The smell plastic assaulted her nose, she blinks as her vision dark and blurry, when she wanted to move, she found out that her hands bound to the back of a wooden chair and her feet were tied to the legs. 

Panic shot a jolt of adrenaline through her, snapping her out of her daze, she starts breathing fast, reached out for the air as she pulled and writhed to gain freedom. 

"You're awake?" The man's voice made her heart beat fast, her hands trembled behind her as she struggled to try to free herself from the ropes that bound her, ignoring the burn cutting across her wrist.

"Calm down..." She could feel the cold fingers that touched the skin on her neck as he pulled the plastic band that covered her head. She can breathe a little freely. Vaguely, she tried to recognize the man standing in front of him. She swallowed hard.

"W..wh..who are you?" She asked fearfully.

He sniffles. "Have you forgotten me?"

She was silent. She recalled that she had just met Sehun's father then she just gets injection with a sedative of some kind after followed him, but that was not his voice. What happened? At that time he still saw Sehun's father's back then her view was blank. Sehun's father didn't do it.

And she could not help to think about how his father had several colleagues who did not like him. Is it possible... 

"Do you know my father?" She asked.

"Your father?" He laughed shortly. "I don't care about your father." The man pulled the chair in front of her and sat down to face her. 

Ahyoung's throat closed, but she forced the question again. "What do you want from me?"

Finally, the man pulled the black plastic scraper from her head. Her f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter