Ch. 28 - A Secret

MEET YOU AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

That was not a problem of her but her head was dizzy thinking about it. Jihye hasn't regained consciousness yet, and she's still waiting for her there. She saw that the clock was 2 a.m., she hadn't even notified Jihye's mother. She did not know if her mother knew about this. So, Ahyoung wanted to hear everything first from Jihye. 

She was charging her cellphone when she remembered her cellphone was off and reading messages from Sehun, she forgot about notified him and now she was in a dilemma between telling him or not. 

"Kim Ahyoung....?" Jihye's weak voice made her turn around and forget about Sehun's message.

"Jihye!" She put the cellphone on the table then came to her. "Oh, you are awake..."

Jihye blinked. "Why I am here? Why are you here?"

"Are you forget that you...ah, I'll call the doctor first, okay?" Ahyoung pressed the nurse call button but then she walked out impatiently to found the nurse.

"Please check my friend. She just awake.." she told the nurse who sat behind the counter.

After waiting for a while, the doctor came to check Jihye. The doctor said that if she could recover in the next few days, she would need to do some checking on her fetus, after which she could only be discharged from the hospital. "But, I still have to talk to her guardian. Does her guardian know she is pregnant?"

Ahyoung stammers. "I don't know."

"There is no point in talking to her, she told me to abort it," Jihye said.

The doctor was silent, and so was Ahyoung. However, abortion was still illegal in South Korea. "Then, please keep her here." The doctor said to Ahyoung. She thoughtfully looked at Jihye. Jihye looked away from her and Ahyoung could see the tears running down from the corner of her eyes.

The vibrated sound from Ahyoung's cellphone made her distracted. She sighed and went to check it. As she walked to the table, Jihye gave her warning.

"Don't let anyone know about my condition. Anyone." Ahyoung glanced at her then walked out to pick up calls from Sehun.

 "..."

(Hello?) There was a paused. (Kim Ahyoung?)

"Hello... Hei?" She swallowed and put the other hand into the pocket of her coat while standing on tiptoes in nervousness. "Are you home?"

(My message from eleven o'clock was sent a few minutes ago. Didn't you read it?)

She could heard his frustation. "I read it." She wet her lips. "I am sorry." 

(Don't say sorry even when I haven't said anything yet.) He said fastly in irritated. It's even more frustrating when someone apologizes when you haven't even said what upsets you. It leaves a hollow in the chest that heats up.

"Sorry." Only that comes out of automatically.

(Where are you? Did something happen? Your boss said you were going to leave in a hurry.) He began.

She blinks. "Yes, something did happen." She closed her eyes because she would say a lie. "I forgot that my parents asked me to go to my big family dinner. So, I was in a hurry."

(Just that?) He sounded doubtful.

"You know if they know I work like this. They will never let me out of home freely. So, I back home fastly before they were suspicious at me." She does not know whether that reason makes sense, she just bites her lips. "Hello?" She checked if he was still on the phone.

(Is that so hard to give a short message before leaving? Don't you care about the people who will worry about you? Your number wasn't even active. What if something happens to you and I don't know? You will make me regret it and I will remember it for the rest of my life.)

She became very touched when she heard that, a smile curved on her lips. The way he said the words for the rest of his life was a little funny but she also feels bad to lie to him like this. "Okay, I am sorry." She said softly.

(I know that. You said the sorry three times.) He said sarcastically.

Her lips twitching, she couldn't help to say a sorry again but he cut her off quickly. (Don't say sorry again, just tell me if you won't do that again.)

"I will never do it again."

(Okay then) The tone of his voice becomes soft. (So, why are you still up at this hour?) 

"I woke up to charge my cellphone. I was tired, so I immediately went to sleep without charging."

(Go to sleep again. I just got home..) He told her.

"Okay."

(Good night.)

"Oh, wait!" She said, "I'm off tomorrow, so I'll see you the day after tomorrow."

(I know.) She could feel he smiled there.

"Hm, I love you." She said hesitantly.

(Hm.)

She smiled in amusement. "Why aren't you replying?"

(I...) 

"Ng?"

(I-I hung up) he stammered and the connection was lost.

"Geez. Isn't that hard?" She chuckled and stop when realized that she had lied to him. After that, she back to Jihye. But, she wasn't there. She panicked and ran out while looking around. 

Ahyoung told the nurse and they rush to find Jihye. Ahyoung went around the hospital, she looked downstair and saw Jihye at the escalator. She ran to the escalator to chase her to the lobby. "Song Jihye!" She called out her and told her to stop. But, Jihye continued to walk faster and faster.

"Jihye!" She managed to reach her arm when in front of the hospital lobby. "Wait! Why did you leave? You have not recovered properly."

Jihye eyes her sharply as twisted around. "I already decided. I will try hard to abort it without telling Mino."

Ahyoung let out her breath. "We talk about it later. The most important thing now is your recovery first. So, let's go back."

"I don't need to talk about it with you. You ignored my message and didn't come. So from now on, it's my decision." She argued.

Ahyoung wet her bottom lips. "I am sorry." She showed her guilt. "It's my fault for not coming. So, give me a chance. I will help you. You know, the thing about aborting ...we... we have many ways besides that."

Jihye shook her head. "No. My mother was right that giving birth to this child would only make me suffer."

"No." Ahyoung shook her head, she steps towards her. "You want this baby. That's why you came looking for him right? You even went to his house. You have to tell him..." She said with tenderness as looked into her eyes.

"Don't look at me like that like you understand me." 

"Yes. I understand you." Ahyoung said firmly. "That's why I want to help you!"

The words of her made Jihye's beautiful eyes were wet. She bit her lips, and finally let out her guard. "I love him." 

Ahyoung nodded, she feels was going to cry because looked at her. "I believe that."

"I am scared." 

Ahyoung couldn't help but pulled her to hug. "It's okay. I will help you."

Jihye started to burst out. "I am scared, Ahyoung-ah."

"Let's think about this later. Now you have to go back and recover first. Okay?"

Okay. After a few hours, that woman waited for him outside, finally, Sehun was forced to come to her. She pulled the chair in front of her and sat down.

A look that was unfamiliar to him but still warm. She began, "Have you been working this long?"

Sehun fixed his sitting position and looked at her coldly. "Let's get to the point."

She wet her lips as looked down. "I know it's not right to say this...but," she looked up at him. "I want to start again with you, to fill our lost days." 

He studied his mother's face, he knows she was sincere about that. But, what he feels for her was emptiness. All the emotions that he had for his mother seemed to plunge in and he was afraid to dig into it so he just said, "Do as you wish. I don't care."

His mother silent for a moment. Hesitantly, she asked. "How about we start with Christmas Eve? We can go on a date."

"Sorry. I have a date with my girlfriend."

Her lips parted away after heard that and she smiled with understanding. "Oh, I see." She was still smiled. "Then, let's have lunch with your girlfriend too sometimes."

"Looks like you're done, then I'll go in. I can't leave my job for too long." He was stood up and she fastly stood up too. "Can I come here again?"

"I said do as you wish, I don't care." He shook his head then walked to insides. He did not look at his mother again until he only saw her back. He let her do whatever she wants as a part of his ignorance. If he was angry at her means he cares. If he refuses her means he cares about her presence. If he runs away from her it means he cares that the woman affects him. So, he let it as if she were no longer important.

What's important for him right now was a few more days for Christmas Eve to come, Sehun was still thinking about what gift he should give to Ahyoung. 

He didn't know why he thought so hard about that thing that he used to not care, he just didn't want to disappoint her. 

Come to think of it, today Ahyoung didn't contact him at all. Usually every morning there will be a message or an incoming call from her. She likes to send messages to him during his work too. It felt strange he was waiting for someone to contact him. Ahyoung changed his world slowly, but strangely he wasn't doesn't like it. 

Even until he finished working, there was not a single notification from her. He checked his cellphone again after changing clothes, he thought it was better not to disturb her, it's her day off. And anyways tomorrow they would meet again. 

Surprisingly, when he went out of the store, the girl in her mind was standing there. She looked shuddering with cold with both hands in her coat pocket. He was smiled broadly like her presence replaced news from her who had been missing all day. 

He walked slowly without making a sound, then blew her ears from behind which made her turn back in surprise and then laughed when know who the person. "Oh Sehun!"

The tip of his lips became wider when he saw her face. "You are here." At that time, he was just realized how happy he was.

"You startled me." She narrowed her eyes at him but then she went hug him tightly. "Why are you taking so long inside."

He looked down. "Have you been waiting here for a long?"

She nodded. "I almost thought you were home."

He looked around. "Hey. Let's go, it will be embarrassing if anyone sees it."

She looked up as rest her chin on his chest. "Are you embarrassed by me?" He looked down at her.

"Let's go." But she kissed him instead. "Are you embarrassed now too?" She was grinning and let go of him. She just .

He looked around and embrace her head to him as to bring her to walk. "You just made fun of me."

She laughed. "Treat me sweetly." 

He let go of her and reached her hand that wrapped around his waist. "Where have you been today?" He held her hand.

"Ng?" She looked at him shortly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter