Ch. 14 - Summer Vacation Comes

MEET YOU AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sehun cleaned the empty glasses with a cloth. Some girls come closer to the bar while dancing then sit in front of him. "Can you light a match for me?" One of them flanked the cigarette with her lips and leaning forward.

He took a match from her hand and then lit it for her. She on her cigarette stick until it burned. He put down the match and the girl smiled seductively. "I often see you here at the weekend. Want to go home with me later?" She asked. He looked at her and answered, "No."

She let out smoke from , smirking, and said, "So, the rumor is true, you are very difficult to be approached by the customers who come."

He just glanced at her without responding to anything. He has often been seduced and asked to date by girls who come on weekends. There was even someone from the agency who offered him to be a model but he refused them all. He just wants to live a normal and have a calm life. But his life isn't that normal anymore since Kim Ahyoung came in and changed everything. He used to enjoy things alone, and now she always knocks his door and waiting for him to open it.

"Well, here's my business card. I can give you a promising job." She shows a card and put it in his shirt pocket "Keep it just in case." He left after gently rubbing his shoulder. He looked at her indifferently, then he made drinks for customers who had just come to order, he put some drinks on the tray then go deliver it to several tables.

When he came to one of the tables, someone familiar to him sat among the women while looking shocked at him too, and that person was his father.

He rolls his eyes and put down the drinks on his table. Suddenly, his father laughed and pointed at him and told them that he was his son. "He's handsome, isn't he?!" He laughed again.

Sehun gave him a sharp look, he felt something burning his chest, he turned to leave and his father called him to stop him. Sehun turned back, his father stood up while taking out his wallet, he pulled out all of his money and took Sehun's hand and gave it to him. 

"Take this, my handsome boy." He laughed while holding both his shoulders. "Don't worry, we won't be poor anymore."

Sehun looked around, there was no way he was making a fuss with his father here so he held back. 

He left from there while squeezing the money and then he put it in his pocket.

During work, Sehun noticed his father drinking and laughing and kissing the women beside him which disgusted him. Before the bar closed, he asked the bartender chairman for permission to go home early because his stomach had indigestion. But actually, he was waiting for his father to come out of the bar.

Sehun leaned on the sidewall of the bar, watching everyone who came out until his father appeared, holding two women on his right and left. He walked quickly after him, "Let's talk." He stopped in front of them. His father's face looked red and continued to grin from being drunk.

"Do you want to come with us?" He turned to his two women then laughed. Feeling furious, he pulled his father and dragged him away which made the two women gasped and shouted at him.

"I have to bring him, so play with him on another day!" He shouted at the girls back.

His father still laughed and then looked back while waving his hand, "Next time, okay?" He pointed at Sehun. "My son misses me now, he wants to play with me!"

The street was quite empty, Sehun let go of his father then pulled out money that his father just gave from his pocket. "Where did you get this?" He asked as he pointed it out to him. "This is $150, how do you get it?" He took out a receipt from his pocket. "Then, you paid the bills at the bar for $ 675."

Sehun's dad chuckled as he took the receipt and then looked closely, "You see this? I can spend this much money ..." he show off.

"Answer me. Where did you get this much money?!" Sehun emphasizes.

Mr. Oh snorted. "That's not important. We better celebrate by buying lots of food to store in your and Sunghee's fridge." He tried to embrace him, but Sehun firmly avoided him.

Sehun glared at him. "Are you selling that thing again?"

His father paused while looking at him then slowly laughed in nervousness. He shook his head, "Ani. I only work for my friend." He convinced his son.

Sehun smirked. "Don't lie to me." He gritted his teeth. "I don't want to care about anything you do. Just don't involve us..."

His father swallowed hard and did not dare look at his face. 

"If someone comes looking for us again because of you. I will look for you and surrender yourself to them." Sehun emphasizes his every word and then throws the money in his hands on the ground.

"Never give me money from your dirty method." He warned his father then leave him alone.

His father immediately picked up the money. "Ya!" 

He yells at him. "I'm still your father! How dare you-"  He spits to the side while staring at his son's back.  "That's brat..." He put his money back in his pocket and then left from there as grumbling.

Sehun who had walked far enough was turned back with a sad look. Then he walked again and sighed heavily while staring at the sky.

Sunday can be the busiest day for Sehun but specifically today he takes the day off to refresh himself.

He stopped by a chocolate shop to buy a chewstnut truffle for Jiyoon. When he was nervous, meeting Jiyoon made him reduce anxiety. 

The police academy is quite far from his flat. He borrowed a motorcycle from his friend who works at a bar. He called Jiyoon and waited for her in front of the gate while leaning on his motorcycle. 

Seo Jiyoon appeared in casual clothes. He started to stand tall while he smiled when he saw her was walking down to him.

"What is wrong? Why are you suddenly here?" She asked as fixing her bangs. 

He quietly smiled, rolls his eyes back, leaning over her chest a little, "Just to check."

She frowns at him. "Check what?"

"Aren't you busy today?" He asked.

She shook her head. "Wae?"

He took the helmet from the top of his motorcycle and gave it to her. "Let's go!"

"Where's?"

He smiled meaningfully without answering and when he wants to give the chocolate, someone came called Jiyoon made him hide the chocolate back behind his .

"Oh, Goongmin Sunbae..." Jiyoon's voice suddenly changes. Thinner and softer.

Goongmin stopped his bicycle. "You go out?" He asked.

She bewildered and asked him back. "What are you doing here? Isn't today no class?"

"I will practice martial arts with some friends. If you want to come, join us." He said.

She suddenly nodded made Sehun glared at her. She handed the helmet back and whispered, "Yah! This is an important moment for me, let's go next time, okay?" She patted his shoulder and ran to Goongmin.

His tongue choked, he could not say anything and looked at her who just left. He sighs, "This is important to me too.." He only looked at the chocolate and he turned at her again with disappointment. 

He kept his helmet in front of the seat and then get onto the motorcycle and wore his helmet. He hung the chocolate on the handlebar of the motorcycle as he starts the engine. 

He ended up riding a motorcycle around the streets without knowing where he was going to stop. He borrowed a motorcycle until the evening, so there is still plenty of time. He hopes he can pour his anxiety on Jiyoon. But the more they grow, the more things change. Their time is not like it used to be. Jiyoon already has her own life. 

He slowly pulled the brakes as the traffic lights turned red. He was pensive. His eyes moved and stopped at a familiar place. Ah, It was the ramen shop he usually visited with Ahyoung. He noticed some people sitting by the window, especially their favorite spots. He seemed to see himself sitting there with her.

The red light turns green and he brings his motorbike to the side of the road. He pulled the cellphone from his pocket and open a contact list that just 5 names that line down, one of which has the name is Kim Ahyoung. 

Ahyoung noticed the structure of the building made by her grandfather. The building is planned to become a hospital. Grandfather was very excited when he got this project because this was one of his dreams. She climbed the stairs to the 7th floor, her favorite place for a few weeks because she could see many buildings from up there. 

Summer makes the sky bright blue and the clouds move beautifully. It relaxes her. 

Some builders greeted her and left her alone to work on the eighth floor. She was wearing a life vest and an orange safety helmet, she hopes that one day her helmet will turn white. 

She brought her drawing book, pencils, and rulers and measuring devices that his grandfather had given her when she was a child. 

She pretended to measure the width of the pole and its height, imitating his grandfather and smiled to herself.

She twisted her body slowly while looking at the entire structure of the building, her phone buzz, she reached into her pocket, she reads the called name, she was stunned, her heart racing, her lips curved and pulled her cellphone to her chest. 

She looked at her phone again. Her hands trembling with excitement, she pressed the button to answer the call, she pressed loudspeaker selection. "Hello?" She answered doubtfully while biting her finger then keep her cellphone away, waiting for an answer with a thumping chest.

"Hello?"

Her forehead raised as her phone slip and fell in between the pile of pieces of wood and iron. How dumb. "Oh no!" She panicked and squatted to peek at her cellphone.

"Hello?" He sounds confused.

"Ah! Eotteokhae?" She looked around and tried to reach her cellphone but it was difficult.

"Hello?" His voice sounded louder.

"Eo! I'm here!" She shouted.

"What happens?" He asked.

She lost focus and tried to reach her cellphone. "My phone-" she almost held her breath. Her finger can touch her cellphone while trying to pull, but she instead pushes it even further. "Gosh!.."

"Where are you? Something happens?" He asked louder again.

"Eo." She tried again until it sounded like pain when she held her breath. 

"Where are you?"

She exhaled her breath. "Project locations around Yongsan." She began to feel frustrated. "Wait!" She went to call the builder.

"I will be there." He replied. "Hello? Kim Ahyoung?" 

He tried to call her after hearing no response. "Is something that happens?"

The line was turned off and the phone keeps buzzing again. Oh Sehun keeps calling her till it was stopped and no more call again.

Meanwhile, Ahyoung had asked for help from one of the workers there but they asked her to wait. She returned to the place where her cellphone had fallen and saw that her telephone connection with Sehun had been cut off. 

"Aishhh." She grunted, she glanced at the workers who were still busy, she tried to try by herself but no success. She patted her hand, cleaned it from the dust, and she decided to wait while sitting on the concrete.

Not long, someone that the voiced just heard on the phone appeared from the stairs that enough to make her surprised. She stood up, "Why did you get here?" She confused.

Sehun looking over her shoulder like search something. He looked at her back, "I think something happens to you." He pressed his lips. "Your voice suddenly disappears and you say something happened."

She was quiet. Fixated. Then realized. "Ah," she rubbed her thighs then backed away, "My phone-" she pointed on the pile of the woods and iron. "It fell there."

"Eh?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter