Ch. 19 - Come to You

MEET YOU AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ahyoung was waiting for Mino who is on the phone with someone. She glanced at him nervously. Their conversation about the weekend was interrupted. 

"Okay, I will pick all that tomorrow." Ahyoung could still hear him. Shortly he hung up and sat down next to her. "You said you can't meet tomorrow? I have something to do too. So, you can go to study groups."

"What are you going to do tomorrow?" She was searching for something from his expression. She thought that he talks about that thing on the phone.

"Just taking my order from a friend," he said smoothly.

"Do you sell anything?" She should never have asked. She bites her lips, his eyes shoot her. He broke into a smile, "Anything." 

Mino drove her home, he leaned his head to look at the house, "Your parents are inside?"

"Yes, they just returned from Japan yesterday."

He nodded knowingly, and she immediately said, "Thank you for taking me home."

"Your welcome, baby." He leaned forward, closer to kiss her, she held his shoulders to stop him, "My parents inside, how if-" he didn't want to hear her, he still kissed her. Greedy. opened and then closed. He backs away and smiled, "We will meet next week, I will definitely miss you."

She only gave a small nod, "Bye." She got out of the car after saying it. The black car went away from her sight, she went inside and greeted her parents who were in the tv room. 

"Mino drop you off?" Mr. Kim asked with smiled. He seems happy about that. Of course, he was very happy when he found out she and Mino were dating again. Mr. Song is one of the candidates for deputy mayor of Seoul next year. He respects him very much. 

"Dad, don't too happy. I won't date him for long," she sat on the couch and ate an apple that had been cut by her mother. Her mother immediately hit her hand,

"Wash your hands first,"

"Hang on a few years." Her dad said.

She shudders, "With that damn guy? No way." 

"Eh, watch your word." Mrs. Kim warned her.

Suddenly her grandpa came from the kitchen, "You told her only for your benefit,"

"Grandpa!" Ahyoung gets up and jumps to him. "You are here? Since when?"

He hugged her, "Since this afternoon, I miss my granddaughter." 

"Grandpa, do you want to see my new sketch?" She whispered.

"Of course. Let me see!" 

"Don't try to influence her, dad!" Mr. Kim said.

Ahyoung and her Grandpa went to her room, she shows her picture of the building in Seoul and the most recent was Namsan Tower. 

"I naturally gave my talent to you," Grandpa said.

She props up her chin, "My talent will be in vain if Dad continues to oppose my goals."

Grandpa laughs, "I will definitely on your side to keep you going to your goals."

She was grinning, "just hearing one word from you always makes me calm."

"I was reminded of when you were a child you had drawn iconic towers from various countries. You see it in a magazine, then you draw it. It made me realize, you're the same as me."

"Which tower is your favorite?"

"The Eiffel Tower, of course."

"Why?"

"I proposed your grandma there."

"How romantic." She smiled. Grandpa laugh shyly, "Your grandmother was angry about taking her to high ground, she was afraid of heights. But when I opened a box of rings for her, she even forgot she was at a height."

She loved seeing her grandpa's face every time he talked about grandma. He told her like grandma was the only woman in his life. His eyes sparkled, his smile broke, sometimes he sniffles because he missed her. Every time she heard the story of her grandparents, she always imagined the romantic story she wanted to experience. Meet someone, then fall in love, and be together forever. How does it feel? Is this possible?

"Have you ever loved another woman besides grandma?" She asked.

Her grandpa looked at her, "Of course. I met many women before with your grandmother,"

"And you fell in love with them?"

"Yeah, but, it won't be the same as your grandma. She is special,"

"How do you know she's special?"

"Mm," He seemed to think hard, "I just knew I want her in my life for good."

She looks unsatisfied, "Just that?" 

Grandpa laughed again, "You will see when you find that kind of guy. Maybe, when you find him, I will tell you."

"What kind of answer is that." She pouted.

"Is this the person you like?" Grandpa saw a sketch of Sehun's face on the sheet of her drawing book. Ahyoung straightens up, "Ah, that-" she was shy to say it, she just nodded slowly while blushing.

"You drew a lot of him." He smiled as glanced at her. "He's handsome."

"He is." She was getting closer to his grandpa to look at his pictures together. "He rarely smiles but after getting close to him, he is not that difficult to smile. He just wasn't used to it,"

"Maybe you're the reason he smiles a lot." 

"Geez." She giggled. "Could it be?"

"Grandpa smiles a lot because of you. How can this guy not doing the same?"

She gazed at the picture. "Will he also only be the guy I pass by? Like women before grandma?"

"Mm." Grandpa was thinking again.

"I feel like I am in love with him,"

"If that you feel," he leaned towards her. "You truly love him."

"I love him a lot." She said it firmly as looked at her grandpa. Hurt flashed on her face, "And he doesn't feel the same."

"How'd you know he doesn't feel the same?"

"He like somebody."

"What seems real is not necessarily true. As long as he always comes to you, that means you."

Does Sehun always come to her? She thought about that all night under a pillow. She felt that way, then thought maybe it was because they were friends now? But he said he would still answer her on the graduation, does that mean he opened the opportunity for her? Sometimes, she felt he had that kind of feeling to her. That sparks between them. 

Ah, that makes her head dizzy. As long as he doesn't say what he feels, nothing will change between them. 

Sunday with Sehun. Sunday will be always with him. She smeared a fresh pink lip tint on her lips, she tied half of her hair, then put on her favorite necklace. 

Ahjumma Han knocks the door and opened it, "I'm preparing lunch, are you leaving?" 

"Eo. I will eat outside," she picks up the call after her cellphone keeps buzzing. "Hello?" 

"Enjoy your date then," Ahjumma Han gave her a wink, Ahyoung glared at her before she leaves the room.

(Where are you?)

She put a book summary and two large books in her bag."I am at home. Why?"

(Let just meet in the building project,)

She sighed, "Aren't we going to the ramen shop? I purposely didn't eat so I could eat there, Oh Sehun."

(No, let's just meet there) He sounded in a hurry.

She was sulking, (Let's just go eat ramen first and then go there. Ne?) 

(Just hurry up,) 

Annoying, she said, "Will you take responsibility if a storm strikes my stomach?"

(Why did you do that?) He pressed.

"What are you talking about? Why do you sound angry?"

(I'm talking about why did you come to Mino to find evidence about Jihye?!)

She raised her eyebrows in surprise, automatically, she asked in small voiced, "How do you know about that?"

(Just meet me there, right now.) He hung up the phone. Damn, she paused for a moment and burst in to laugh to calmed herself. "Why does he have to be angry? He should thank me."

Ahyoung hurried to the project building where they usually met. It takes 45 minutes to get there. Maybe 50 minutes due to traffic.

She got out of the car and told the driver not to wait. She looked up to the seventh floor, wondered if he had come. While on the way here she was still calm but after arriving at this place her heart was beating very fast. She walked towards the elevator but the elevator didn't work so she climbed the stairs. 

When on the stairs to the 7th floor, she stopped. 

Is he up there? Why should I be afraid? I helped him. 

She walked a few steps, and tiptoe to peeked. No one there. He hasn't arrived yet, she sighed in relief and suddenly, "What are you doing?"

She turned to the side in shock, her shoes slipped, she reached his hand and she sat down to the back.

"Yah! Oh Sehun!" 

He looked down at her while their hand still holding each other. She shakes his hand, "Are you really a ghost or something?" 

"Why are you taking so long?" Sehun asked. He had been waiting for almost half an hour and he left briefly to buy snacks and colas at the convenience store.

"We promised to meet at half-past one, but you called me from eleven o'clock. My house to here far enough," she threw her hand to let go his hand but he held it back, "Come here." He pulled her to get up and she grimaced in pain, "Looks like I sprained my ankle,"

"So? You want me to carry you?" He said seemingly not sincere.

She snickered, "Forget it. I can still walk," she staggered and let go of Sehun's hand. "Tsk, He can be as sweet as sugar, but naturally he was born from the polar ice." 

"I heard that." He walked behind her.

"I did it on purpose." She sat on a barrel and looked at her ankle that bruised, her skin is slightly torn and bleeding. She only cleaned the dust that had stuck to her wound. "A girl's skin is important, you know? This is your fault."

He squatted down, "I really want to scold you, you know?" He took off her shoes and then doused her wound with the mineral water he had bought earlier.

She looked at his face fixedly, he seems really mad, but he still looks adorable, she smiled and asked, "You're mad?"

He turned the bottle cap, and put it down, "Do you think I would appreciate you for helping me?" He looked up, "Why do you have to do it? Why do you have to help me that way?!" He raised his voice. 

She blinks, his face flushed, her eyes getting softness and glaze over as staring at him, "Because only Mino that I know can do it. You were doubtful when I told you about Jihye,"

He scoffed, "Is that your only reason? Do you know what kind of person your boyfriend is?"

She let out her breath, and wear her shoes again. "I know it," 

"So-"

"So it's no big deal. Dating is a normal thing for me," 

"Oh yeah, you?" He makes a derisive sound, "No big deal? You even keep avoiding him. Why? You're afraid of him, right?"

"I am not afraid." She turned away from him.

"Bull!" He gets up, he pointed at her with his finger, "You're afraid of him!"

She gets up and faces him, "Oh Sehun, I don't understand why you have to be angry. Your problem is solved and Jihye's problem is safe."

"Then do you think I'll be thankful to put someone in the dangerous? Do you think I'll be okay?" He shudders, "Solved and safe? That's ridiculous! You added a new problem instead!"

"It's not dangerous. Don't overreact!"

"Do you know what he wants from you? Do you think he just wants to date you? Are you that naive? He wants to sleep with you, he wants to show off how he has slept with a schoolgirl."

She was not so surprised because she also knew that. He snickered, "Is that normal for you too? Sleeping with each of your boyfriends?"

She glared at him, "Who cares about that! Actually, what that makes you so angry? Because I asked him for help or because I dated him or because maybe I will sleep with him?"

He blinks and his face goes very still. Their eyes met, long enough to find an answer. "Because I'm worried about you." The way he said that, the way he looked at her, such a tenderness. She stopped. The tension of her face loosens. "Just that?" She searching for other answered. She hoped, just a little, no, she really hoped that he had another reason

Flatly he said, "Just that."

She looked into his eyes if that were true. She felt that was not just that. She hates Sehun for that; to not let her know what was in his head and heart.

She sighed and back to seat. Her cellphone rang, she reached into her bag and pulled out the cellphone. It's Mino. She picked it up, "Hello,"

(Where are you, baby? I seem to be done fast. Come on, let's meet.)

She looked at Sehun briefly and sighed, "Eo. I don't seem to be studying either. Where we meet?"

(Really? Let's) Before she could hear him finished his words, Sehun took her cellphone and turned it off. She looked up at him, "Yah! What are you doing?!"

He returned her cellphone, "Stay here. Don't come to him," 

She took her cellphone and turned away from him. He sat in another barrel and then they both fell silent. After a long silence, Ahyoung began to open the voice first, she asked, "How do you know that?"

"He came to the club yesterday and chatted with my friend. I overheard it." He replied. Shortly, he said, "Why are you so stupid? Do you think he will let you go so easily?"

She glanced at him, "Why you're worried about me?" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter