Ch. 16 - The Rumor

MEET YOU AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The goldfish he got on a summer school holiday a month ago was put into a new jar that he had just bought at the ornamental fish market. He bought a bigger one than before.

Sunghee came from the bathroom while drying her hair with a towel. "You didn't give him a partner? Your child will be lonely." 

"Kuku don't need friends." He named the fish 'Kuku' from the beginning the fish came home. Sunghee felt her little brother was a little crazy because he always invited the fish to talk.

The third-year has started several days since this week. All students are still in the same class as in second grade. This time they sat close together, Ahyoung sat in the front seat of him. She is still the class president, and she is also still helping him study. 

The closer they get, the more things they debate, and then it ends with the chatter of stupid stuff that will be welcomed by Ahyoung's laughter. Sehun didn't laugh much, but he listened a lot. Ahyoung loves to tell stories, no matter Sehun calls her noisy or tells her to leave him alone she will stay there then be quiet.

"Kim Ahyoung, didn't I tell you to return this book?" He shot her face, alarmed. Ahyoung's eyes widened,

"Oh my god! I forgot!" He sighed and gave a look hmm habit. She immediately stood up from her desk, reached for the book, then stopped and turned her head. "Oh Sehun, this book is in your name. You have to come with me."

Before he wanted to nag, Ahyoung waved her hand towards him to stop. "I'll treat you Namyeong that you like!"

He pursed his lips, pushed his chair back, then stood up. Ahyoung smiled fully and walked first. He always loses when it comes to whatever she mentioned his favorite food.

The library is the place they visit most often at school after the roof. Sehun likes to read lately but not about lessons, he likes to read history and biographies. He transmitted it to Ahyoung so she always borrowed it after Sehun finished reading and Ahyoung always returned late to the library made him nag at her because the record went bad on his library card.

Sehun stopped working from the convenience store because his hours of study increased to late at night. So, he replaced it by delivering milk and newspapers every morning before going to school. He has straightened his mind, he must enter the police university. 

During extra lessons until late, all students are trained on national exam questions, Ahyoung and Sehun spend a lot of time in class. Ahyoung always turns her chair so that she was one table with him.

Ahyoung circled every question number that was answered correctly by Sehun. "This is correct." Then she crossed a straight line on the other number while checking him who looked disappointed with himself, he looks up, "That is wrong?" He looked at the question sheet. "I think I've followed your way." Ahyoung smiled and continued her line into a circle which made him drop his jaw. He smiled as lookup, "Ah, I said I am following your way." He took the question sheet from her as satisfied.

She clicked the tip of her pen, and said as giving him a funny look, "You look like you're studying hard now." 

He opened another book, "Of course. I have to enter the police university anyway." 

She looked over at him, "Because of Jiyoon Eonni?" It sounds a bitter question. 

He marked a few sentences with a highlighter, "Not only that, but admission to the police university is also free including dorm and eating." He replied that without know-how face that she was made for him.

She lowered her gaze, and look up again. "You are right. You will not trouble."

"Kim Ahyoung!" Kris stood on the doorstep with a bag of his mother's cupcakes which was her order.

Ahyoung and Sehun turned at the door class at the same time. She automatically stood up then walked fast to him. Sehun got a glance from Kris, Kris started smiled at him and Sehun threw his gaze away from him. Kris turned at Ahyoung that already in front of him.

"Woah. Gomaweo.." 

"My mom gave you one bonus because I said my friend is quite special." 

She chuckled, "Say thank you to your mother, Kris."

"Yup."

She back to her seat and placed it on her table. "You guys are close now?" He asked as he looked at his book. 

"Not really." She suddenly taps her forehead. "Oh, no, I forgot to give the rest of the money to Kris. I think I just texted him now-" she pulled her cellphone from her pocket.

His eyes nudge at her without showing his face, "Finally he gets your number."

She aimed at him quickly, "Are you jealous?" She will feel very happy even though he will only say jealousy by 0,000001% 

"No." He flipped the sheet of book. "I'm just surprised, back then you seem really don't want to give your number to him." He looked at her with a convincing look. She shouldn't ask. She was sighs and shrugs, "Well, I don't think he's the type of guy who would bother me." She took the cupcakes and her eyes light up, "And you know, the cupcakes that made by his mother it's really delicious!" She started the story. "So, Minah brought cupcakes to my house and I was surprised by the taste. Minah said she bought them from Kris, which was made by his mother. And turns out his mother has a cake shop."

"Want to try?" She offers one of the cupcakes. 

"I don't like a sweet thing." 

Ahyoung waited for Sehun who was always late when they made an appointment. She got used to it so she just drew while waiting. She pulled out a small mirror from her bag to look at her bangs which she pinned to the back of her ear then she went down to her neck, touched the necklace which was a prize that Sehun get on the vacation. 

"Kim Ahyoung!" 

She looks up, Sehun, but it was Jiyoon voiced that now sat in front of her. 

Her smiles faded for a second then she keeps it up, "Jiyoon Eonni. How did you get here?" 

"I met Sehun on the way and he said he would meet you so I wanted to come along. It's been a long time since we met. I miss you..." How difficult is it for her to doesn't like Jiyoon when she is a pleasant big sister figure. So when with her like this, she forgot that this woman made it impossible for Sehun to look in her.

Sehun picked up the menu and study it like he hasn't seen it a million times. This ramen shop has a lot of developments, it not only sells Japanese noodles, but it also sells various kinds of Korean noodles such as cold noodles in the summer. 

Ahyoung noticed him, "Why bother looking at the menu when we already know what you're going to get?"

"I could change my mind at the last second," He said. "There's a chance I could order a bi bim namyeong, or a miso soup ramen with karage chicken, or a kongguksu. I can be adventurous too, you know."

"Sure." She agreed. He knows she just humoring him.

Jiyoon still smiling, "You guys must often come here together, huh?" She loved to tease them.

Ahyoung just smiles at her as Sehun ignored it.

The server comes over to take their order and Ahyoung said, "I'll have a bibim namyeong with beef and an Ice lemon tea." She looks at him expectantly. There's a smile coming up on the corner of her lips.

Jiyoon already mentioned her order too. Both of them looked at Sehun who was seen trying hard to choose. In fact, he knows his favorite in the summer, he gave up, "a mul namyeong, please, and a glass of water." As soon as the server was gone, he eyed her, "Don't say a word."

"I wasn't going to."

Sunghee came to follow up with them after work. Jiyoon said she would treat everyone because she successfully graduated and began being assigned to the field.

"So, next year, you two will graduate from school." Sunghee took a glance at Ahyoung and her little brother. 

"Uhyeah!" Ahyoung became excited.

Jiyoon pointed ahead, "This is the point for you guys." She paused when the server came back with their food. "When you are a student at school and being a student at a university is different then you will enter the real world. Everything will change."

She smiled to imagine that and for a second, just for a second, she forgets. She forgot that the time she and Sehun would talk back about the answer to feelings was getting closer.

While listening to their conversation, she became gloomy, she pulled in cold noodles into , she chewed slowly. She thought. Maybe a chance between her and Sehun will change too. But, what changes she hoped for? The feeling? Their status? Or just being close is enough? Can her feelings change too? 

The laughter on the table sounded faint in her ears, she joined in laughing but her mind was flying in the air, she saw Sehun who sometimes blushed over Jiyoon or he was p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter