Ch. 32 - Meet You Again

MEET YOU AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two backs of hands next to each other between those who look straight ahead in the back seat of the car. When Ahyoung heard his name being called by the uncle who was driving the car, it gave a gentle rustle in her wilderness heart. She did not have enough courage to look to the side. She felt awkward alone and was afraid he recognized her, but she smiled alone outside of the window remembered how she never planned to see him again in person. 

A myriad of questions floated in her mind. They stopped in front of her apartment and they walked into there together. "Our plane takes off at eleven at night. There are three more hours so you better hurry." Sehun said as they went inside the elevator. 

Ahyoung pressed the 7th floor. There were only the two of them in the elevator and both of them looked straight ahead in silence. Ahyoung could see his reflection on the elevator door, she watched him silently. It's crazy to meet him here, New York, not Seoul. It had been more of ten years since the last hug, kiss, and when he whispered he loves her that night. They'd been young back then to could handle the feelings and the heartbreak.

She drew in a shaky breath. Sehun was even more handsome now. His body was filled out. He had the muscled arms and rippling abs of an athlete. He was as attractive as ever. 

Sehun was a man now. The planes of his face were hard. There were lines around his eyes. 

But some things were the same. His wavy black hair was still just long enough to imagine running her fingers through it. And his eyes—his deep—brown eyes were as secretive as ever, although he was more expressive now. Back in the day, every motion had to hide in his gaze, including desire.

She hadn't understood it then. She'd been so young, so naive. Chasing him with confidence and not afraid to get hurt, believe that one day he would fall for her and used to think that there wasn't a boy who didn't like her.

The elevator door opened when it stopped on the 7th floor, Ahyoung led the way to the door of her apartment. "Pack up your things quickly," Sehun said.

"You will come in?" Ahyoung furrowed. She was worried that Sehun would know her when he went inside.

"Of course."

"I will not run away. This is the 7th floor, I'll die if I jump from here."

Sehun looked at her in short thought. "Okay, I will give you half an hour." He removed the handcuff from her hand.

"15 minutes. I won't bring a lot of things because I will come back here again." Ahyoung said firmly.

"Whatever." He said shortly.

The corner of her lips turned up behind the mask. Another thing that was the same from him was that he was still cold to woman.

Ahyoung went inside and only brought her passport and some clothes into the small suitcase. After finished, she walked towards the door and stopped in front of it. She looked at the door like she was staring at Sehun who was standing behind it.

If the door was open she would see him there, her heart beating before even seeing him again. The sound of knocking on the door wipes out her thoughts. "It's already been 15 minutes." He said loudly and she smiled for no reason. She took a breath and opened the door. He was still standing there and looked over at her. He reached for her hand which made her stunned because of that touch, he put the handcuffs back on her hand.

"Are you married?" Suddenly, the question just came out from .

Sehun glanced up at her as she looked at him in expectant. "Not." The short answer made her relieved somehow. As their eyes met. For a second, the way he looked into her eyes was like he knows her. "Let's go." He started walking and she knows it's just her feeling. 

They would be 13 hours sitting next to each other in the plane with their hand in the handcuffs. When checking the passport at the gate she carefully opened her mask in front of the officer so that Sehun would not see her. Fortunately, she did a face check first before Sehun so he couldn't see her.

She took a quick breath when they're taking a seat in business class. Sehun removed the handcuffs on his hands and hooked it on the seat. "Isn't that unfair?" Ahyoung said looked at the hand that still in handcuffs. "I won't run away in the middle of the plane."

"Just in case."

Ahyoung rolls her eyes and throws her eyes to the window. "You're still as annoying as that." She mumbled.

"Have we met?" 

She was freeze when he asked that after heard her words. 

"I feel familiar when I see you." He added.

"Yes." She twisted at him, catches his eyes.

He blinked in blankly when she was staring at him intently. "I think—I was wrong." He turned ahead and leaned back, ignored her. She lowered her eyes then leaned back too. She did not know whether to be disappointed or not with what he said. Probably, she just wanted him to still remember her. 

For hours they were silent with each other. Yura couldn't sleep, she just looked at the skies in million thought. Instead, Sehun seemed to sleep soundly.

She stole a glance at him, still couldn't believe it's him. It's brought all emotions inside her. It wasn't just seeing Sehun again after so many years, it was everything else that had happened in the past. At first, she thought went to New York was the most cowardly thing she had ever done and how she forced to forget everything after what happened. When she started to accept the fact that she had to burry the past, she was afraid to back to Seoul. Although she knows, one day she would back to her home, having to deal with her past. But, having to deal with Sehun not want she wanted to do.


It was noon in the city of Seoul. Ahyoung walked slowly behind Sehun where their hands were in handcuffs. Sehun sometimes has to try to shorten his steps. 

"Isn't that team of captain Gongmo?" Sehun asked Mr. Yoon as they slowly stop walking. Ahyoung just continues walking and he pulled her to stop. "Eh--" It's breaking her reverie, she looked up at him in questioningly.

"Jang In Jo." Sehun spelled the name. "He was the killer has been wanted for the past three years, right?"

"What?" Mr. Yoon tried to find a face that was mentioned by Sehun. "Team of Captain Gongmo found him?"

"It seems so."

Everyone passing by at the airport screamed at the sound of gunfire of one of four police officers in casual clothes that were seen chasing him.

Automatically, Ahyoung steps backward. The sound of the gunfire made her freeze at the moment. Sehun noticed Ahyoung's movement, "Don't worry, it was just a warning shot."

She couldn't hear him. In her eyes, she was back in the past when the shot killed Jihye. Ahyoung began to tremble and her eyes stung. 

The man who called Jang In Jo suddenly pulled a girl and then pointed the gun to her head in front of them. The policemen who chased him stopped and aimed the gun at him.

"Don't interfere." Mr. Yoon warned Sehun when he would take a gun from behind his back. "We can worsen the situation." But, Sehun was never heard him. He pulled out of the gun and aimed it to the back of Jang In Jo.

"I told you to don't interfere." Mr. Yoon glared at him then turned over at Ahyoung. "Are you okay?" 

She couldn't bring herself to speak right away so she swallowed past a lump in until she could find her voice.

"Yes." She finally spoke although she barely recognized her own lie. Her vocal cords were constricted from trying to force herself to not crying. She bit down on her lower lip and finally glanced over at Mr. Yoon.

"Remember that we are with her." Mr. Yoon told him firmly. "Don't be rash."

Sehun glanced over Ahyoung, he started lower his gun but the movement of Jang In Jo made him shot his leg as he automatically pulled Ahyoung into his chest. Jang In Jo fell and his hand got shot before he was going to aim the gun at the people there. Ahyoung's hand reached his shirt and held it tightly while her right hand in trembled.

The policemen looked at Sehun and Mr. Yoon then secures Jang In Jo. "You just came back and made trouble." Mr. Yoon snorted and walked towards them. 

Sehun put the gun back. "That's because they are too slow." 

"Please, please don't..." He looked down when he heard Ahyoung muttered in a panic then how her hand was clutching his shirt. Is she that scared? Sehun became rather guilty and he slowly put his hand on her shoulder doubtfully then patted it softly. "I am sorry, you must be surprised."

The gentle tone of his voice and how he patted her shoulder make her heart fluttering like she could feel his warmth. Slowly, she adjusted her breathing and put down her hand.

"You wait here." He removed the handcuffs from his hand and locked to Ahyoung's other hand. "I still can't let you run away."

She stood there with both hands in handcuffs. She closed her eyes and breathed. "Slowly..." She said to herself as continue to breathe. "Slowly..." Her heart that was beating fast was started calmer. "Slowly ..."

She raised her hand and began to feel her fingers again. She tried to clench it slowly even though the other hand still hard work. Although she was getting calm, her right hand did not stop shaking. She focused at her right hand as tried hard to moved the fingers. 

"Ahyoung..." Mr. Yoon came and he looked at how her hand trembling. "Are you okay?"

Ahyoung nodded. Mr. Yoon looked at her in doubt, "Then, let's go."

She nodded again and took a glanced at Sehun was talking with some people. "He must take responsibility and report. So, I'm the one who will take you." Mr. Yoon said.

Ahyoung looked at Sehun for a moment the turned her head. "It's better not with him."

Mr. Yoon pressed his lips and walked with her to the car. From what he saw, he knew that something was wrong with her. He watched her gloomily all the way to her home through the rearview mirror. Mr. Yoon paused looking at her, every time he saw Yura he felt familiar.

"Can I ask something?" Mr. Yoon began. 

She looked up at him. "Why do you really not want to go home?" He asked and laughed awkwardly. "It's just... isn't it uncomfortable to live in someone else's country?"

She paused for a moment then replied, "Because all the monsters are here."

Mr. Yoon his eyebrows like he couldn't respond to the answer that he didn't understand. He shrugged, "Well, monsters are indeed quite terrible."


"I heard your daughter came back here."

Prime minister Kim nodded. "Well, she can't be there for too long. " He sliced ​​the meat and put it in his mouth.

"Although now your position is strong. You have to keep in mind who lifted you." Mr. Song words made Mr. Kim paused then he opened his mouth. "You don't need to worry, my daughter must have forgotten it."

"You better take care of your daughter so she never opens . I w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter