Ch. 5 - Safe Her

MEET YOU AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

N/A: My grammar still needs works, thank you for still come and read the stories.

--

The school was a bit noisy lately because of the Kim Ahyoung scandal. While on the bus, walking towards the gate, and while in the corridor, Sehun could hear her name being called for a week.

Since what happened at the bar and their chat that night, and her confession, he has become sensitive about her. He felt like he had seen and heard her everywhere. Like a song that was just released and exploded on the market. His normal and calm day was threatened and he was on alert.

"Oh Sehun.." A girl called him from behind while he was leaving for his class. He turned and looked at the pink letter that she held in both hands.

"What?" He asked coldly as his eyes told her that she just wasted her time. 

"Please accept this." She gave it shyly while lowering her eyes.

Without pausing to thought, he said, "I don't want to. So keep it for you." To be honest, he was always surprised by the girls who expressed their feelings. He did not know her name and never spoke with them. But they confidently say that they like him and want to ask him out on a date. That was a strange thing for him. Isn't it scary when someone you don't even know exists, suddenly approaches you and asks you out on a date? Then they felt hurt by him and thought he was too cold. 

"Can't you at least read it?" She asked in a low voice. 

"No." 

She gave up and lowered her letter. Then, his eyes moved to someone behind the girl, he saw Ahyoung walking slowly as if she didn't want to get to class. 

Their two eyes met for a few seconds until two girls from behind ran into her from both sides until she almost fell. The two girls giggled while glancing at her in disgust.

He looked at her concerned but that was none of his business. Instead of bothering him, he immediately went into the classroom. But not only that, he saw some students in the class scribbling on her seat and moving it back.

His eyes moved to sideways like he was thinking that she would soon enter the classroom and see this. But strangely, he didn't want her to see them.

Even if it's not Ahyoung, he will feel that way too. 

Shortly, she had appeared beside him. He could feel that she was holding her breath and walking in as they looked at her.

"Uuu-our mascot is coming." Said Kido with a harassing look.

"Kim Ahyoung, do you want to sing with me after school?" Asked other students made them laugh over it.

Sehun pressed his tongue to the ceiling, there was a sense of wanting to reply to their words but his brain said that this was not his problem. Doesn't he hate to interfere? He was walking to his seat beside her seat.

"Getaway, this is my seating area." He just said that as if to him. They looked at him and returned to their seats. Nobody dared to disturb him. 

She gave a look that seemed to know that he was helping her or he just did it for himself. She sat on the chair that was full of scribbles and glanced at him with her heart as if being gently . She feels good.

The following days even easier. Minah worried her more because they were in a different class and she couldn't do anything. 

But Ahyoung calmed her down because she felt that someone was always on her side even though he was vaguely showing it. Like when dividing groups in the chemistry lab, no one wants a group with her and the only one who comes to her desk was him even though he says, "Other groups are full." Still, she smiled brightly for him. 

She was the one who said she would approach him but instead she felt he was the one who approached her.

Some were like in hell, but he was like offering heaven to her. Like she was walking on a thorny path, but he was there to spread flowers. 


It has rained since noon, many students are choosing to take more classes so their scores go up. Including Sehun whose scholarship has been threatened will be revoked because the score was lower than before. He even had to take time off work today.

Sehun looks focused on working on a few questions in his notebook. He looked at the watch in his hand and only a few minutes left to go home. The teacher also said goodbye first and the students were still doing the rest of the assignments to be submitted to the class leader.

"Jihye, did you lock her on the roof?"

"Eo, she will not die if only a day there. I borrowed the key from the security guard and reasoned for the student council."

"Daebak, It's been an hour and the rain hasn't stopped and the weather in Seoul is getting cold. Aren't you going too far?"

Jihye laughs, "Eyy-let's having fun. She always steals the attention of every boy in our school. Kim Ahyoung must know what it's like when no one cares about her." Hearing the name Ahyoung called made his hand stop writing. He raised his face to them and saw her empty seat. No wonder she hasn't been there since break time.

The sound of lightning and the rain getting heavier pushed him to stand up from his seat and came to Jihye's seat. Jihye was gaze up at Sehun as she was nervous. "Sehun?" All the girls in the class naturally pay attention to them because this is the first time seeing Sehun approaching a girl.

"Give me the roof key." He said with an accusing look.

Jihye confused and stuttering, "What key? I don't understand." Her smile was stiff.

"I have heard it. Give it to me now if you don't want me to force you."

Jihye looked around anxiously and was silent for long enough to make Sehun lose his temper and take her bag without permission and spill the contents on the table. 

Jihye screams at him. "Oh Sehun! What are you doing!"

He found the key and took it. "You forced me to do it."  He glared at her and back to brought his bag.

Jihye feels humiliated and angry. She smirked as said, "For someone like you who never cared about a girl to want to save her is very strange. Did she give it to you too?" She pressed.

Brag!

He kicked the chair harshly then looked at Jihye with a threatening look. He was angry because it was true he who used to be indifferent in school thought of saving someone and he was also angry at her very bold conclusion.

Jihye's legs trembled and her heartbeat of seeing him like that. Not only her, but almost all of them held their breath.

"Don't dare to speak again in front of me." He said firmly and took Ahyoung's bag and left the class which made them breathe again. 

"What's wrong with him?" Other students began to whisper to each other about him.

His face still looked upset because of the incident in class and he went up the stairs to the roof of the school. When he reached the door, he didn't hear any noise from outside, he thought a bad thing about it. It rained for a long time and there wasn't enough room to shelter. 

He was put their bag on the floor and turned the key in the keyhole, then pulled the handle and pushed it out. He did not find anyone there, he was hesitant to go out but rain slowly shrinks and he walked out then call her name. He was covering his head with his hands. He could feel the wind so cold against his skin. He looked around and heard someone in a low voice.

"I am here.."

He turned his head and found her crouching near the tower while protecting herself with a piece of cardboard. Slowly the wrinkles on his face disappeared with relief. She looked trembling with cold, her eyes are red and swollen, and looked at him like she wondered why he could be here. Maybe she thinks no one will save her.

"What are you doing? Let's go inside!" He ran towards her as she tried to get up. She curled up in the cold and was too shaky to walk. He opened his uniform blazer and wrapped it around her body and then forced her to walk quickly.

He closed the door and checking her who was soaking wet. 

She put down wet cardboard and asked, "How do you know I'm here?" 

Her voice was hoarse and trembling. He swallowed, "That's not important. Take off your shoes now." 

But it was important for her because he who said he didn't like to meddle with other people's business, came to save her. She bent her body which was still curled up. He sighed and crouched before she then pulled the two knots of her knotted shoes and helped take them off with her socks too.

She gazed down at him as he straightened his back. It's sweet, as sweet as sugar, which she can't buy anywhere. 

He carried his bag from the front and told her to get on his back but she was afraid his uniform would get wet.

"Just go up, you have to change your clothes or you will die of cold."

She carried her bag on her back and hesitantly placed her hands on his shoulders and leaned closer to his back. He has put her shoes then hooked his arms behind her knees and tried to find a comfortable way to carry her.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, trying not to strangle him. He began to walk down the stairs and they were silent in each other's minds. She thought if it wasn't for the video, she wouldn't go to the bar and meet him. She won't have a chat with him. He would not save her like this. 

After a long silence, she s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter