Ch. 12 - Tomorrow With You

MEET YOU AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Just don't expect me to return your feelings."

He was there with his straightforward sentences while she was here staring at him only and everything got blurry. She was shaken inside.

She stopped swinging and her eyes didn't move at all, her tongue choked, she holds the chain swing of hims tight and along with the rhythm of her heart, she moved to kiss his cold lips. She closed her eyes, pressed it gently for a few seconds and pulled it slowly while looking at his shocked face. 

They hold their breath. Their two eyes rest on each other. 

Sehun's blood flowed upon his stunned face. He reached for her swing chain as moved her away.

"You-"

"One year." She cut him off while holding his swing chain as she pulled herself back to him. "Decide what do you feel one year later in our graduation." She added firmly.

He looked at the pair of eyes alternately. He lost of words.

"I am in love with you, Oh Sehun."

She said it softly like a poem breaking down in the air with a sparkling bead in her eyes.

"I can make you fall in love with me." 

The ice sticks in their hands melted and dripped to the ground along with the pounding in their chests that about exploded. 

He removed his hand from the chain, he doesn't know what to say beside let his breathing out. She changed everything in his world. 

"Why are you so confident?" He asked after a long pause.

She let go of her hand and their distance stretched. She looked away, she wasn't replied to him and she turned back at him 

"You said I can do whatever that I want to do."

"Yeah, I said that."

"Hm, so-" she shrugs.

He hooked his lips together, he lowered his gaze and threw a glance and then stood up. 

"Let's just see..." He said without looked back at her.

She smiled a little. "Hmm."

He walked away leaving her as she looked at his back. She sighed and looked to the sky. The tightness in her chest had finally loosened along with tears in her eyes that she held and she brought all her feelings tonight to home. 

"Ahyoung, are you home?" Mrs. Kim came out of her room after hearing the sound of the door. 

"Hmm." She replied shortly as walking up the stairs without looking at her mother. 

Mrs. Kim felt strange, "Are you okay?"

She stopped and turned at her mother with a serious face made her mother confused. She started giggles, "I am okay."

Her mother chuckled, "You are..."

She suddenly went down and hugged her mother tightly. Mrs. Kim smiled and hugged her back.

"Wae? At this rate, something is going on."

"Guess what." She challenges her mother. "Your midterm test scores must have dropped." Mrs. Kim answered. 

"Are you just worried about my score?" She laughs.

"It is not like that."

She smiled. "You're rarely at home so I just miss you."

"What? Just that?"

She nodded.

"Aigooo... do you want to sleep together?" Mrs. Kim hugged her tighter.

"No." She teased.

"Geez."

"I have homework." They let go of each other.

Mrs. Kim her hair gently. "Is it true?"

She nodded and held her mother's hand.

"Goodnight..." 

"Goodnight..."

They both smiled and Ahyoung went walking up the stairs after seeing each other for a long. 

She entered her darkroom and the spinning comedy lights on her desk. All the shadows walked around the wall, she threw herself straight into the bed, she touched her lips slowly and completely dazed.

She must be crazy to confess to him and even kiss him. It was not her first kiss, but this one was different. 

Is she too forward? Too fast? Too much? Could she have scared him? 

Should she pull the word back? But that is not her. She will not take her words back. Should she just step back and pretend she doesn't feel this way?

Well, she doesn't want to lie or hide. She did it because she wanted to. Because sometimes when she saw his eyes, she felt that he feels the same as her. 

She rushes to get up to get away from what was in her mind. She went to take a shower and soak in the bathtub. She plays with the foam around her, her mind flew back to the moment on the swing, and she buried her face in the water to block it out them.

After finishing bathing and drying her hair. She returned to bed, lighting a candle that smelled of lavender and tried to sleep but she couldn't. That moment keeps coming back. 

She opened her eyes, toss and turn, rubbed her lips and let her mind flying into him again.

One year. This is her chance and she certainly has to go forward. 

She closed her eyes. Whatever, just take my heart and break it, Oh Sehun. Because I will collect my pieces of heart and show them to you again.

Sehun washed his face, he glared at himself in the mirror, he took his toothbrush and put toothpaste on it and then brush his teeth a little strong as remember the moment she kissed him. She stole his first kiss. Can he call it the first kiss? He didn't even kiss her back. 

"Why do you brush your teeth like that? You will damage your teeth." Sunghee went into the bathroom and stood beside him to brush her teeth too.

He just glanced at her and didn't respond.

"Sehun..." Sunghee put toothpaste on her toothbrush and smiling for no reason made him looked at her confused. "Ahyoung does look like you very much huh."

He looked away. Why does everyone always talk about her?

"I don't mind you with her. I heard that her father had a law firm and I asked my friends, they said the firm was one of the best law firms in Seoul." She continued.

"That would be more of a reason for me not to be with her." He answered after gargling.

"Eiyyy-think about it, your life will be easier with her."

He put his toothbrush in the glass and took a small towel to wipe his wet face. "Then you think I should be humble by saying my father is a drunkard and a gambler, my mother ran away from home and my sister works as a singer in a bar. You want me to face her family with that story?" He put down his towel and left her that couldn't say anything.

"I will sing tonight. So, I'm going home tomorrow morning." Sunghee said a bit shouted.

He wasn't replied and went to spread the mattress on the floor then turned off the light and entered the blanket. He crossed his arms behind his head as a pillow while staring at the ceiling.

When he heard his sister coming, he turned sideways and pretended to be asleep. Sunghee called him but there was no reply and she just said good night then went out. He opened his eyes after hearing the sound of the door closing. 

He tried to close his eyes, his body was toss and turn, he sighed repeatedly and opened his eyes again. 

"Decide what do you feel one year later in our graduation."

He stared blankly in the dark. He thought, his words would keep her away from him. He thought it would make her think many times to get close to him. She doesn't even think and she does as he says. 

However, actually, she was not that bad in his eyes. So many things happened with them during the past year and the whole moment is full of stories. 

Honestly, It's hard to say they are strangers. If he can say it is a good way, he will call her a good friend.

One year? It shouldn't take long. He had also been through a lot with her for a year and nothing had changed with his feelings. It will also be the same later. 

Finally, Sehun returned to school after a week of rest at home. At times like this, he is just lazy to pursue lessons that are left behind. He walked up the stairs to his classroom which felt far away even though he had only not gone to school for two weeks. 

He stopped on the last step of stairs when his eyes found a familiar girl across the corridor. She was seen being with Minah with both hands dangling on the wall fence that can look into the field directly from above. 

He stood there watching her without realized until Minah leaves her. She looked down at the field, then moved to look into his place until their eyes met. This was the first time they had met again after what had happened on the swing that night. They froze in their places. 

He lowered his gaze, he thought maybe eventually they would end up awkwardly and slowly getting away, he thought her disappearance for the past week was a sign that she was giving up.

But he was wrong.

"Oh Sehun!" 

Her voice still the same; excited.

He lifts his face, he saw her who smiled brightly as she waved her hand and started running down the corridor. She passed several students gathered in front of their classes, her long hair blown in the wind makes her face look more clear, his eyes followed her movements until she was in the same corridor as him and she was getting closer to his place. 

He thought it was the sound of her footsteps but apparently, he heard the sound of his own heart. 

She stopped right in front of him with irregular breathing. The eyes that always glow when looking at him look dazzling as usual. 

"You come?" She asked.

"Of course. This is my school."

She bit her lower lip as she rolled her eyes back to him, "I mean, you are back in school today."

"As you can see." He said then started walking.

She watched him from behind for a moment before coming along beside him. "Glad to see you again." 

He glanced at her. "I thought you gave up on me."

She frowns. "Why? Are you afraid I give up on you?"

He just smirked. 

"I was busy working on individual assignments so I didn't get to see you for a week." She explained.

"I did not even ask."

"But you seem curious to think I gave up." She .

He stopped and looked at her sharply. "I am not."

"Do you consider that kismmph-"

"Yah!" He closed and looked around, he worried some students heard her. "Are you crazy to say things like that here?" He said in a whisper and took off his hand of her.

She touched her lips while holding back her embarrassed smile. "You're right." She said slowly.

He looked at her awkwardly then cleared his throat and walked back again. She followed him from behind and became a little awkward too. 

They entered the classroom and began to separate because of the seats that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter