Ch. 26 - Too Good To Have Us

MEET YOU AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just randomly want to post the new chapter today.

-

One of the best places to make memories, an amusement park. Despite the cold weather, people still come with their family, or friends, or lovers. 

Bubbles, cotton candy, clowns, and balloons can be found at any angle. Christmas trinkets have also been seen along with a large Christmas tree that is the center of attention to be used as a background photo.

Ahyoung and Sehun came with Jonggyu's gang. Not all members join, only members of the same grade as those who can participate. There were about ten of them, and some of them were brought their lovers. Rides were whirling and twirling around them, lights flashed, customers on the rides shrieked with delights.

At first, Sehun didn't seem too interested, but after riding the roller coaster, he really enjoyed it. Sehun thought that Ahyoung would be a cowardly girl who didn't want to ride this and that but she took him to ride the roller coaster twice. They found a new side from each of them. They both like challenging rides. 

"Swing ride!" Ahyoung hurried away as pulled Sehun's hand. Some people start to give up and get tired after riding a Jumping Circle Ride. Meanwhile, the couple did not look tired at all.

A cold wind hit their faces as they swung up, the scarf saved both of them. They look at each other with smiles that appear in their eyes. "Isn't it very cold!" She shouted.

He agreed with her. He even felt his eyes wet from the sting of the wind. After coming down, she laughed and suffered. "Wasn't that very cold?" She walked towards him and checked him. He chuckled, wiping away the tears at the corner of his eyes. "It's cold." He said softly in trembling voice. Sounds cute for her. So, she helped him wiping away the tears under his eye line with her finger as giggled. "It's done."

He turned his gaze to her, "Thanks."

The gaze made her blankly. He took her fingers then wrapped her hand, "Your hands are always cold."

Smiling softly, she let him squeezed her hand. She loved it when he gave her simple affection, she felt she was truly loved by him.

"I am hungry." She had to stop this moment for her gaping stomach to ask to be filled. 

He was slowly grinning, put down her hand that still in him. "What do you want to eat?" He started walking with her. 

"Hot dog? Tteokbokki?" She cutely looked up at him.

"We will not be full."

"We can eat again later."

"Oh, Walnuts." He stopped.

"That won't be full."

"We can eat again later."

When the sky began to darken, the amusement park became more beautiful because the lights began to light around them. But, the wind feels even cooler. 

"Why does my face look big here." Ahyoung pouted her lips when she saw the results of their photo booth. 

"Look." He took one of their photos and chuckled.

"This is good."

"Only you are good." She narrowed her eyes at him

"Then just throw it away." She stopped him when he was actually going to throw it into a pond. "Why you are so mean?!" 

"You don't like it." 

She snatched it from him. "Eiyy, I didn't say I didn't like it." He smiled looked over at her. 

"Let's keep this in our wallet." She handed him one of the photos. "The couple put their photo in their wallet." 

"Is that a must?" He looked at the photo in his hand for a moment. He had a thin smiled in all four photos taken, while Ahyoung has a different expression in each photo. "Of course." She put the photo on a picture slot in her purple wallet. For the first time, she displayed photos with her boyfriend in her wallet. She had never done this before.

His wallet doesn't have a picture slot, so he slides it in the card slot. It's awkward for him to do this thing. He might get it out later without her knowing. 

They ride a Ferris wheel, this is one thing couples have to do in the amusement park. "I am okay with this. But, not with a carousel." Sehun said as their capsules go up.

"An amusement park without a carousel wouldn't be much fun." She began sulking to him. 

"Then, just ride it alone."

"How can you say that." She punched lightly on his thigh. He doesn't give her a reaction, so she gave him a punched again and found it's funny, so she was doing it again. But, he catches her hand now. 

"Stop it." He said softly as he gazed outside. She was grinning, linked his hand, and looked at what that he looked at. They could see the amusement park becoming small from above and the lights like stars lying below them. "Isn't that beautiful?" She slides her to getting closer with him, leaned her chin on his shoulder.

"Hmm."

"Have you ever ridden this before?"

He shook his head.

"I have ever." She glanced up. "With my ex." She wanted his reaction, but he just plain cool. She pursed her lips, "Aren't you jealous?"

"Is that something to be jealous of?" He glanced down at her. 

"I'd be jealous if you've done it before with someone else because I'm not the first." 

"I'm not your first boyfriend either."

"You also weren't jealous when I came home with Kris last time." She said. "I was jealous when you chose to stay with Jiyoon instead of taking me home." Finally, she told him about that. 

"You know the reason." 

The silence went long enough after that as their capsules stop at the top halfway point. 

She was staring at their hands interlocked. When with him, her heart was still beating and butterflies were always in her stomach. She slowly turned up at his side profile, she had never seen someone before like the way she looked at him now. She never wants someone more as much as she wanted him.

He could see her through the reflection in the glass window capsule. The way she looked at him made him turned his head at her. The tip of his lips pulled slightly, "Why are you looking at me like that?" Sehun asked in a soft, tender tone of voice. 

"I love you." She whispered. 

He gazed at her sparkling eyes, the question of whether he loved her crossed his mind. 

She turned down her face, her hair falling through her side face, covered her rosy cheeks as smiled shyly. 

"I still don't know but I do like you, kinda a lot." When she looked up, he continued to stare at her. He held her face and kissed her. The capsule starts to slide down and the sweet kiss wasn't over as their friend took a picture of them of other capsules.

The secret drawer, she called it. One more form of memory, an entrance ticket to an amusement park. She doesn't know why she wants to keep everything well, she also writes a short diary in her little binder which is a brief note about what happened every day. 

"What it's that?" She immediately pushed the drawer when Grandpa surprised her from behind with a hand full of paint.

"Grandpa!"

"I wonder why my granddaughter is taking so long in this small space." He raised her eyebrows to her with a slight chuckle.

"Just a secret routine." She locked the drawer and tucked it in her pocket. 

"There must be no secrets in my studio." He .

She shrugged. "This is my studio too." She linked her two little fingers to reminded him. "We agreed."

He was nodded as if that's not a big deal. "Then, help me to clean this." He showed his hand.

She makes an OK sign with her finger and laughed. They sit in the center of the studio after cleaning. 

She made his grandfather warm coffee with a little sugar. "Aren't you going to have dinner with your parents?" She was pouted when grandfather reminded her.

"I want to pretend to forget." She said softly.

Grandpa laughed. "Why?"

"Because it's a dinner invitation from the Mino family."

He wrinkles his nose. "Then, don't go and stay here."

"May I?"

He shrugged. 

She sighed. "I still have to go. They will nag me all day."

"Yeah, they will." He agreed as nodded.

"Grandpa, you're very unhelpful." They laughed together and five minutes later, her father's driver came to pick her up.

She returned home to take a shower and change clothes. She wears a pink dress with a white coat and a matching scarf with a coat. She already told Sehun about the dinner, and he didn't say anything about that other than telling her to wear a coat and scarf because the air outside was quite cold. Sehun was not the type of boyfriend who says no if she wants to do something. She wants him to be a bit more possessive.

"Did you bring a gift?" His father asked when their car entered Mino's house. 

"It's in the trunk." She replied. 

"It will be a little boring because your dad will only discuss politics." Mrs. Kim said.

Ahyoung chuckled, "You are right."

"You can walk around the house with Mino." Mr. Kim said.

She shudders. "With Mino? It's better for me to listen to 100 topics about politics."

Her mom laughed as she nudges her shoulder. "Don't be like that."

When going inside, Ahyoung stopped when she accidentally saw a girl standing to hide behind a wall. Their eyes met for a few seconds before she turned away. 

"Kim Ahyoung?" 

"Huh?"

"Come on, quickly."

"Y-yes." She decided to continue walking as wondered. 

What is Jihye doing here?

They went inside and went straight to the dining table which was already filled with food as well as a beautiful candle in the middle. She refused to meet Mino's eyes and be cold to him. She just stared at her spaghetti and was uncomfortable with Mino's repeated gaze.

"Can't you stop staring?" Finally, she opened and looked up at him. Automatically, everyone at the table stops talking and looks at them. He looked relax and smiled, "Because you look pretty today." He put a piece of meat in his mouth while continuing to look at her.

Both of their parents giggle. "My son can't even look away."

"And my daughter seems shy." Mr. Kim said.

She wet her lips and smiled at the table. "It's not allowed to look at another girl when he has a girlfriend. Moreover, his girlfriend is my friend."

Everyone glanced at each other, feeling awkward as Mino was staring intently at her. Mr. Song smiled, light up the mood. "Well, they are only dating. Not something serious," 

Mino cuts the sirloin meat. "By the way, I've broken up with her."

"Is it true? I just saw her here."

He stopped his hand movements, looking surprised. She noticed that. 

"Really?" Mrs. Song seems interested. "Why didn't you introduce her?"

"Who is she? Whose daughter?" If Mr. Song knows Jihye's background, he can kill his own children. He was very careful with his image.

He stiffened, "Are you sure? Maybe you saw wrong."

She looked too rash. "I think I did see wrong." 

"If it's your friend, she should be from a family with a good background." Mr. Kim said with a smile.

"Yes."

Ahyoung was a bit sorry to bring Jihye to the dinner conversation last night. Even though she didn't mention her specifically, she became a little worried. Not to Mino, but to Jihye. Mino looked annoyed by her too, she knew the Mino family was very protective of his dignity because his father would become a candidate for deputy mayor of Seoul. When she said goodbye, she could feel Mino's sharp eyes. 

When the car came out of his house, not far away, she saw the back of the girl she had met in the front yard of Mino's house. Her head turned to check her and Jihye's eyes glanced at the car's black window as if they were staring at each other. She doesn't know if Jihye knows it was her or not. She wondered why she was there if they broke up. Jihye has never chased back her ex-boyfriend.

There were more than ten letters on his bed, all of which had the name Kim Ahyoung written in front of the envelope. Every time he finished reading it, he threw it on his bed or when he was going to sleep and read the latest letter from her, he dropped it und

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter