Ch. 11 - Welcome You

MEET YOU AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The morning sun silhouette stole a gap in the curtains in her room. She still rolled on the bed with heavy eyes. She cannot distinguish between dreams and reality, because it turns out the one who always appears is Oh Sehun.

It's been two days since she stays at home and lives in her room on the weekend and she will absent from school for the next three days. The incident was still fresh in her mind. She wants to rest for a while because she has many things in her head since the incident that night or after she woke up. 

It was a long day. Of those who are fine, then quarrel, then have deep conversations, have fun, then terrible incidents that she thinks that she will be lost him, about scarves and the girl that he likes so much.

Someone knocked on her door, "Ne?" she answered quietly with her eyes still closed. She could hear the door being opened from outside.

"Miss, you said you were leaving today? Mr. Jo is ready downstairs." Ahjumma Han's voice. 

"Where did I go?" She asked.

Ahjumma Han seems confused, "Hospital? You said you wanted to visit your friend at the hospital."

She opened her eyes, "Oh!" She jumps from her bed. 

How could she forget? She ran to the bathroom and went out again to get a towel. Before going back into the bathroom, she turned to Ahjumma Han 

"Mom and Dad have left?"

"Yes, this morning."

She smiled, "Okay!" She went back into the bathroom. No matter how fast she bathes, she will end it for an hour. She grumbled to herself who was slow while choosing clothes in the wardrobe. She nagged again because there were so many clothes she could not wear and in the end, she only chose white shirts and jeans that may be in a week she could wear them twice. She brought her favorite white shoes and immediately went downstairs.

"I feel guilty always lying to your parents at the time like this." Ahjumma Han put the warm soup on the table when she saw Ahyoung coming down the stairs.

She took a seat and just smiled as heard nothing. She tasted the soup, "Ahjumma, should I bring this soup for my friend? He might be surprised by the taste."

Ahjumma Han returned to the kitchen to wash the dishes and answer. "Don't patients always get food from the hospital?"

She nodded as giddy. "I know, I just think it's really good so I have to make him taste it too."

"Geez. Your friend isn't a friend, right? Driver Jo told me that you have a thing with a boy in your school." Ahjumma Han .

She narrowed her eyes, "Are you guys gossiping about me in my back now?"

Ahjumma smiled, "You never care so much about anyone you are dating. But this one, you made us very busy because of you." Ahjumma Han worked for Kim's family for a very long time, she was the one who took care of her father from his teenage years and now she is taking care of the child of the child she took care of. She felt connected with this family.

"Well..." Ahyoung supports her chin with the back of her hand. "I have known him for a long time. He is quite famous in school because of his good looks. Many female students like him, including me. But that's because he's that handsome. You know right? Every girl will certainly see when a handsome person passes by, but at that time, that was all."

Ahjumma returned from the kitchen while wiping her hands with paper towels. "So, when did you start to truly like him?"

She rubbed her chin, her eyes moved up, she seemed to think hard while breathing. "I don't know. When we often meet on the roof? Or-"

"Roof?" Ahjumma Han raised her eyebrows. She seems interested.

Ahyoung nodded, "That place became something special for us. Maybe, for me." She chuckled. "Every time I hear the roof door open, I will turn my head and he appears. He didn't even see me, he just walked straight to the bench to sleep. He didn't care if his hair was a mess, or his tie was slanted and it made me want to fix it. But you know? He still looks handsome." She looked at Ahjumma Han. "And the first time he spoke at me was the first time I found myself nervous about it. But strangely, I want him to talk to me more even if I'm nervous. From there I always make him talk to me."

"And I found him not as cold as others say. I like it every time he answers me with just 'Ng?' Or 'hmm' and keep listening to me. He always told me to be like 'leave me alone' or 'Don't get close to me' but he always ends up be gentle with me. I think he found it hard to avoid my charm." She adds with a laugh.

Ahjumma Han poured water in her glass then glanced at her. "Seeing your face, you're more like fell in love."

"Love?" She didn't take her eyes off Ahjumma Han.

"I can call it's as love?"

Ahjumma laughs. "Of course. Then what do you call it besides love?"

Love. Ahyoung smiled amusedly remembering that word while looking at the purple Azaleas' bouquet in her hand. Can she admit it for herself? 

She walked down the hospital corridor, her footsteps slower as the room looked close to her view, her chest pounding along with the sound of the bed wheels passing through her. 

She peered through the glass door, he was seen eating as leaning on the bed while watching TV and chatting with the patient next to him. Without breathing in, she shifted the door that should be heard.

"Aish, Seo Jiyoon! I said you don't need-" He was still chewing his food while looking at the door and was surprised to know he was mistaken. Their eyes met and he choked while rolling his eyes. He didn't think she would come after 2 days he didn't see her.

Ahyoung ran to him as worries, "Are you alright?" She took a glass of water on the table and gave it to him. 

He drank with eyes that glanced at her and held the side of his stomach that felt aching due to choking.

She stood looking at him anxiously, "You're okay, right?"

He gave a nod. 

She frowns, "Were you surprised to see me?"

He stuttered, "No, I just... I just... you last became a zombie and you were suddenly here." His eyes are full of confusion. "You're scary." He seemed to convince her.

She wants to laugh but she bit her lower lip to hold it. 

He cleared his throat to change his tone of voice and asked, "What are you doing here?"  

"I want to see you." She averted her gaze and walked towards the table near the window. Looking directly into his eyes sometimes makes her embarrassed.

"You didn't go to school?"

She took out a flower vase from a paper bag and filled it slightly with water. "I take three days off."

"You look fine, if someone sees you, they will think you are skipping class."

She put the Azalea flower in a vase and complimented it beautifully. 

"I'm physically good, but psychologically not." She looked at him as remind him of what happened that night. He was silent.

"Azalea flower, huh?" Suddenly, an old man lying on the bed beside Sehun spoke to her as staring at the flowers. She smiled at him, "Hm, you know them?"

He smiled, "My wife loved it. So, I called her by the flower's name."

"That's romantic." She responds made him giggle.

"Does your boyfriend like it?" He asked as he looked at Sehun.

"I am not her boyfriend," Sehun said faster than her.

"Are young people shy lately? I can tell right away from the way you look."

"Charles, I say the truth."

He shrugged seemingly unconcerned by the answer.

"He was right Mr. Charles..." Ahyoung answered before Sehun opened his mouth again.

"Just call me Charles." 

She bowed to him, "I'm Ahyoung. Kim Ahyoung,"

"Kim Ahyoung, you have good taste like my wife." Charles praised her.

Ahyoung laughed shyly, "Actually my grandfather said that this flower is like me. Even though it only blooms in spring, it is still beautiful all year long."

"So you put it there so Sehun can see you huh?" He .

She surprised. "Am I too obvious?" She asked in a low voice while covering the side of from Sehun. He can still heard her though.

He looked at the flowers, then at her, then turned to the food and continued eating.

"Are you shy now?" Charles asked him.

"I am not." His answer made Charles laugh. He loved to teased anyone.

Ahyoung came to Sehun and took a seat at a chair beside his bed. 

"Now I know why the past two days he always looked with anticipation when the door slid." Charles continue .

Sehun pulled the curtain between their beds.

"Charles, you better prepare before the operation than continue talking."

Charles laughed, "Arraseo. I will shut my mouth now."

Sehun glanced at her that gave him suspicious looks. "What?" He asked.

"Glad to see you."

He looked at her smile that he could finally see again. 

"Are you okay?" He asked without looking at her.

"You're afraid I'm not okay?"

"I am just asking."

"So, have you been thinking about me ever since you lay here?" She did not take her eyes off.

"Of course not."

She lowered her eyes and for a few seconds, she thought his face was saying the opposite. 

"Oh, you are here?!" Jiyoon came made Ahyoung turned her head and bow her head.

"Why did you come again?" Sehun asked.

Jiyoon came close and put a plastic bag on the table. "I saw an apple at a convenience store near here, you said you wanted to eat fruit."

"I said you don't need to go back and forth to the hospital. You said you were busy preparing for the test." He said.

Jiyoon looked at him suspiciously, "Wae? Because finally, someone came to visit you beside me?"

"What are you talking about?" 

Jiyoon ignored him and turned at Ahyoung, "You said you would visit, but for two days you didn't seem to be coming here."

"Ah, that, hm, there's something, so I can't visit." 

Yeah, something like she has to clear herself of all the raging thoughts. 

Jiyoon pulled out another chair and sat next to her.

"Oh, I see, I'm worried because you don't even treat yourself and just thinking about this guy that has no sensitivity."

Ahyoung just smiled. It feels weird chatting with someone who is liked by someone she likes. She was even too sweet and kind-hearted to make her as a rival.

She was staring at Jiyoon who was peeling apples, she looked mature and feminine, she was also considerate of her surroundings, it seemed hard to dislike her.

"You should scold my sister for coming less often than you," Sehun said.

"Don't say that. She also worked hard for you to become an admirable sister, she even called me once every two hours to ask you. Ah!" She grimaced when her fingers slip

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter