Ch. 7 - With You

MEET YOU AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The School holidays were used by Sehun to take a lot of work. In the morning he works at the gas station, in the afternoon he works at the convenience store, and at night he will work at the bar. He only has one day off. 

The debt collector that chased his father made him experience a difficult thing lately. Even though he was used to it, at one point he felt very angry. They came to rummage through the house and threatened him and his sister. While his father did not come home for days to hide. He only comes home when he needs money. 

December has come, Christmas trinkets began everywhere. He didn't really like Christmas Eve because on that day his mother left him. She let go of his hand which held her to go. He could not blame her who was tormented by his father, but he blamed her for leaving him with someone like his father.

Sehun changed the clothes of his gas station attendant into a convenience store's uniform. He tidied his hair a little and came out of the staff room.

"My shift is done. I will go." Said Dongmin who shifts from morning to afternoon. 

Sehun smiled and nodded. He went to the cashier's desk while Dongmin went to the staff room to change clothes and take his bag.

The bell rang of the customer's sign came making him glance at the door to say hello. But his movements stopped when he found out who was coming; Kim Ahyoung. 

Nearly three weeks he did not see her.

"Have you come?" She asked casually like they often met before.

His face was getting serious. "What are you doing here? To be a customer?" He quipped.

"I am not a customer. I am a part-time worker here."

What? He tried to understand her words.

"Oh! You're here!" Dongmin comes and greets Ahyoung.

"Oppa!" She greets him back as smiled widely.

Sehun who didn't seem to understand the situation, looked at Dongmin as if asking.

"She is the new worker I said. Yesterday was her first day of work when you were off." Dongmin explained to him.

He could not believe what he was hearing and looked towards her who was avoiding his sharp gaze from his small eyes. He had no idea that a new worker would be her.

"I will change clothes." She said and went to the staff room.

"She's very pretty, isn't she? She's still a student like you. Boss immediately accepted her without thinking." Dongmin giggles. "Take care of her. I'm leaving!" He taps his shoulder and went out.

Sehun was sighing and looked at her that walking to him. She did not seem to dare look at him, she just smiled and went to his side. He did not take his eyes off her. He could not believe what he was seeing.

She covered her profile side slowly and asked, "Why are you staring at me like that?" 

"You are scaring me." He really couldn't guess her. She always does things that astonish him. 

She peered behind her hands, checking if he was angry or preparing to nag at her.

"I think my life has been quiet for a few months. Can't you just leave it like that?" He asked.

She lowered her hands and slipped her hair on both sides of ears. She refreshed , lifted her eyes hesitantly, and as opening . "I can't." She answered in a low voice with a smile that was held as felt nervous too.

He opened his mouth, lost for words. 

"I really want to see you." She murmured, almost whispering. She checked on his face, though he didn't hear her. "I will work well. I will not trouble you." She said quickly and convincingly.

He turned his head of her to the customer that comes. "Tidy up the goods on the shelves and soon the car sending goods will arrive." He said as if approving of her to be here.

She smiled happy to hear that and gave a respectful gesture and said that she would do as he was told.

Ahyoung does her job seriously. This is the first time she has worked and had to lie to her parents. She said that she has a study group and won't often be at home. She always told her driver to drop off at Minah's house and then she would go to her workplace using public transportation.

And of course, what drove her to do this was Oh Sehun.

She doesn't stop thinking about him. What he is doing, what he might do, and what he will not do other than work. So she thought of the crazy idea of ​​working with him to get close to him. Minah said that she must really like him and she just smiled stupidly.

"Why do you keep smiling? Work quickly and focus!" Sehun passed by and interrupted her reverie.

"Ne.." she replied and glanced at him that brought some bottles to put it all on the showcase. 

It's been a week they often meet at work. Sehun often ignored her or kept her busy so she wouldn't talk to him much. 

The air in December is starting to go into minus, a news anchor on TV predicts the first snow will soon fall. Ahyoung took a look at outside, hoping that it would snow today and seeing them with him. 

Towards night, the convenience store is empty of visitors. Maybe because the weather is getting cold, people are lazy to go out. She looked around, there were only the two of them. She saw Sehun brewing ramyeon and immediately followed him. They sit outside and eat well. 

They sat opposite each other so she could pay attention. His face looked tired, his nose was red, and he seemed to catch a cold.

She glanced at him, and looked down, then looked at him again. "Why are you working so hard?" She asked in hesitant.

He sipped his noodles until they were cut, and said, "To survive, what else?"

She wanted to ask about his family but she canceled her intention. She thought it would be rude.

She opened another chat. "I think working in a place like this is easy. But after experiencing it, it was not that easy.." she was sighing. "It's like a life lesson." 

She said pretentious wise.

"Geez. You just like playing around here." He commented on her. 

She snickered, "I am not."

Suddenly something touched the top of her nose and more and more. The first snowfall!

"Snow!" She moved from her chair like a child who had just seen snow.

Sehun looked up and feels the snow on his face. He doesn't really like it. He recalled bad memories when it snowed. He looked at her who spread her arms to feel every snow falling. "Are you a child?" He muttered.

She turned at him with a big-big-big smiled. "See that?!" She looked up again. 

He moved from his chair, "See for yourself." He walked toward the door but she pulled him to her side and said, "Why are you so negative?"

She helps him spread his arms and told him to feel the snow with her. He has a deep look at his arm.

"I don't like snow." He told her. "I really don't like it."

He pulled off his hand from her.

From the way he said it, he looked serious. Her smile slowly faded and asked, "Why?"

He looked at her as if she was too curious about his business, "I don't want to tell you." 

They both looked up at the sky, lost in their minds for a moment, and she said what inside her mind just now. "Then, just remember me when it snows."

He looked into her eyes who knew there was always sincerity. 

"When we don't like something, don't we tend to dislike the experience? Not the object." 

She smiled. "So, just create one that good.."

Silently it sank into his mind. He slowly opened his palm and felt the snow.

"I like the snow because I have good memories." She said. 

"Do you like me because you have a good memory?" He asked suddenly made her speechless and turned at him. "Does this also apply if the object is someone?" He asked again and turned at her.

Their eyes met.

She became nervous and looked away.

"It's not the same." She replied. "Bad or good, we'll just keep liking that person. Because we just simply like them."

She flustered, "And why you are so confident to said that I like you?"

"You told me on the roof. You don't like me anymore?" He asked easily.

"I don't want to tell you." She replied fast. She feels that he took her feeling as jokes. The more she realized her feelings are real, the more difficult she is to tell her feelings to him. 

He found that she was blushing and moved his eyes from her. For the first time, he allowed someone who liked him to be around him.

Sehun and Ahyoung's shift finished, they said goodbye to the staff on the next shift. 

"Did you go to the bar?" She asked as walking together to the bus stop.

He nodded at her.

She was sighing, and pull out something from her bag and gave it to him. "Cha-"

She gave some sachet of supplement, "You work so hard and look unwell lately. This ginseng is very good for you. My dad often drinks it while working too hard."

He got flustered, she turns his body and puts it in his bag then leaves one for him to drink. She tore the sachet and told him to drink it.

He pulled his face away, "I am okay. I don't want it-" but after a second, he sneezed and coughed. 

"Geez. See that!" She presses. "Drink it.."

He rubbed his nose awkwardly and was forced to accept it. She looked at him to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter