Chapter 25

Fighting for Your Love

Ryeowook POV

I didn't see the Dog at school the rest of the day, he never showed up for class.  I pushed my woory aside.  I was still hurt and a little bit angry at him.  I knew I had a right to be mad, but I wasn't mad so much as sad.  I couldn't really explain it, but I just felt unsettled and everytime I thought about him yelling at me I just felt like crying.

After school I made my way to the front gates, still feeling a bit uneasy about the whole Kyuhyun issue.  When I saw a smiling Yesung waiting for me, I quickly pushed all my troubling thoughts away and ran up to him.

"Oppa!" I grinned as he gave me a warm hug. 

"Ready to go Wookie?" he asked excitedly.

"Yup!  Uh, where are we going anyway?"

"Ah, I can't tell you it's supposed to be a suprise." he answered teasingly.

"Hmph" I pouted.  I was really curious and was about to protest, but before I got the chance he pulled me over to his car.  We drove for a bit in chatting and making small talk.  Finally, after about 30 minutes he pulled in to a large parking lot. 

"Oppa, where are we?" I asked.  I was still not completely familiar with the city.

"We're at the famous Olympic training center!" he announced excitedly.  I gasped with suprise.  I had been dying to come visit, but I had heard that the center was closed because the athletes were in training.

"Oppa, how?  Isn't it closed to the public?" I questioned.

"Yeah usually, but after I competed at some national tournaments I was invited to come and train here.  Actually, Sungmin and Henry got invites too."  I could only stare at Yesung in wonder.  I had seen him in action, but I didn;t know that he was at a world class level.

"Wow... I had no idea you were so awesome."  He blushed at my compliment and grabbed my hand and led me towards the imposing building.

When we entered I was amazed even the lobby was impressive.  We quicly looked at a map that told us how to get to the martial arts training center.  Along the way we passed the gym for the gymnists and the indoor pool used for diving.  We exited the main building and passed by a dozen tennis courts and some badminton courts before reaching the studio.  The room was huge with at least seven sparring rings and all the equipment you could ever need. 

We fooled around for a while. Yesung showed off his floor exercises, flipping and kicking in the air.  He wasn't quite as good as Eunhyuk, but it was obvious that he was at a high level.  He was about to demonstrate his skills with the quarterstaff, when suddenly I heard a familiar laugh.  I turned towards the door and was shocked to see Henry and Sungmin.  I looked at Yesung and I saw his eyes get angry and he clenched his jaw.  When I turned towards the other two they didn't seem as suprised to see us.

"Henli, Minnie what are you guys doing here?" I asked bewildered.

"Yeah... why are you here?" Yesung asked, with barely concealed malice.  Minnie smirked and Heli made an innocent face.

"We didn't know you were bringing Wookie today, we thought you were bringing her next Friday." Minnie said dissmissively.  "But since you're here we can hang out!" he continued excitedly.  I smiled at my friends and quickly replied,

"Yeah!  The more the merrier!"  Out of the corner of my eye I saw Yesung slump down and sigh, and I became worried.

"Oppa, are you okay?  Oh!  You haven't had anything to drink!  I'll hurry and go get us all some refreshments."  I hurried to the back of the gym where there were some vending machines.  For Oppa I got his favorite grape soda, Minnie got strawberry (he liked the color), Henli got orange, and I chose lemon-lime.

When I returned to the others I found Yesung glaring at them harshly, and yelling at them.  I was about to jump in when Henli and Minnie began to shout back.  They were so absorbed with their argument that they didn't even realize that I was standing there. 

"Guys... guys... HEY!  CUT IT OUT!" I finally screamed to get their attention.  They looked up startled and looking ashamed.  I was angry, I absolutely hated when they fought, and it was happening more and more lately.  I was about to ask them what was going on when I was interrupted from the soung of my phone ringing.  I looked down and was suprised to see the school calling.  I tentatively answered the call.

"Ryeowook?  This is Mrs. Cho.  I was wondering if Kyu is with you?"

"Oh, Hi Mrs. Cho!  Um no he's not here.  Actually, I haven't seen him all day... why?"

"Oh dear... this is worse then I thought.  So he never showed up to class?"

"No.  I called him this morning, but we kind of got into an argument.  He said that he had a date, so he's probably out with her." I suggested wincing at the thiught of him on a date.

"No... he wouldn't have a date.  I mean have you ever seen him to talk to another girl before?"

"Well... no I guess not... but then where could he be?" I asked starting to become nervous.

" Honey I just don't know!  I was hoping you would have some idea.  You seem close... closer than anyone else.  I was hoping you could help me find him.  I'm worried about him, he's done this before and it ended up with him in the hospital."

"Oh my God!" I was starting to get frantic, "Okay, don't worry  I'll be there as soon as I can.  Okay bye."

I quickly ended the call and turned to face the others.  They were all looking at me with concerned eyes.

"Wookie, what is it?" Henli asked.

"I-i have to go.  I'm so sorry you guys it's an emergency!"  I didn't go into anymore detail because I was in a panic, plus I was pretty sure Kyuhyun wouldn't want the others to know.  I rushed out of the gym waving to my friends and I yelled

"Sorry!  I'll see you guys tomorrow!"  I ran out of the center and rushed to the nearest bus stop, luckily I arrrived right when the bus was pulling up.  I was back at the school in a few minutes and I sprinted over when I saw Mrs Cho standing in front of the school pacing nervously.

"Mrs. Cho!" I called as I reached her side, "Please tell me what's going on."  She sighed, but nodded her head.

"Well, I'm sure Kyu hasn't told you, but I think it's time someone knew.  I trust you and I believe you won't cause him any pain... well anymore pain anyway.  Five years ago Kyu's mother abandoned him.  She just left one day and never returned.  His father had died when he was still young, and his mother became depressed and she turned to drinking.  A few days after she left one of the neighbors became concerned and called the police.  They found Kyuhyun passed out on the floor.  After he went in for surgery they told us that there were signs of long term physical abuse." she stopped a bit wiping the tears that were flowing down her face.  "After he recovered he came to live with me, but he was gone.  He was emotionless and never talked.  At night he would wake up screaming and crying because of his nightmares.  He has never fully recovered from his horrible experience, two years ago he just completely lost it.  He ran away and tried to kill himself.  He tried to jump of a cliff, but instead he just ended up with a broken leg and some cracked ribs.  That's why I'm so worried.  Please, do you have any idea where he could be?

I stared at the women aware that tears were streaming down my face as well.  The fear and pain where almost overwhelming, and I just wanted to break down.  But I knew that Kyuhyun needed help and I needed to be strong.  I wiped away my tears and looked at the kind woman,

"I really don't know where he is, but I'll help you look for him."  She nodded quickly and we split up.

"Please" I thought, "Please, please let him be okay..." and I began my frantic search for the broken boy.


comments loved!...

stay tuned my lovely readers...