Chapter 15

Fighting for Your Love

Ryeowook POV

 

"So Hae what happened when you left dinner with Eunhyuk?" I asked my friend with an innocent tone.

"Wookie, please don't try to fool me, I know what your thinking.  It's practically written on your face.  For the last time, the only reason I left with him was because he lives near me and Sungmin lives in the opposite direction."

"Aww" i pouted, "so nothing happened at all?"

"What were you expecting?  Him to get down on one knee and declare his undying love for me?  Sweetie, those things don't actually happen in real life, honestly you've been watching too many romantic comedies."  I ignored her comment and quickly replied,

"Admit it, you were kind of hoping for something, right?"

"Wookie, just because I may lo~ uh I mean like the guy doesn't automatically mean he feels the same way."

"Lee Donghae, did you just admit that you love Eunhyuk?!"  She blushed and quickly tried to explain, but I refused to listen and only teased,

"Looks like little miss anti-romance fell in love at first sight!  Now there's no way you can tease me about being a hopeless romantic!"  I happily smiled at my best friend and continued, "and don't you worry about him, even a blind man could see that he's interested in you."

"Well you noticing something like that is more shocking than if a blind man did" she shot back.

"Wha~?  Your'e kidding me right?  I'm one of the mose aware people I know!"  Just then I tripped over a random backpack and almost fell on my face, luckily Yesung-hyung appeared out of nowhere and grabbed me before I completely wiped out.

"Oh yeah you're the queen of aware!" Hae teased.  I blushed at my fail and Hae began to giggle, while hyung just seemed mildly amused.  Just as I was about to thank my hyung, Minnie came up behind me giving me a slight squeeze to say hello. 

"Minnie!" I greeted him happily, I hadn't seen him since after sushi because I had to get to school early and he had a meeting at lunch. 

"Wookie!" he cheerily replied, "Aigoo, c'mon we need to get to music comp or else we're gona be late!"  I looked at my cell to check the time and saw he was right.  He grabbed my hand and began pulling me as he practically sprinted to the classroom.  I looked over my shoulder to see an angry looking hyung and a smirking Hae.

"I'll call you later Hae" I cried, "and I'll see you tomorrow hyung" i gave a bright smile and a little wave to my two friends before they disappeared from sight, as I was pulled around a corner.

We arrived in class right before the bell, and we collapsed in our seats.  I sat panting, eyes closed with exhaustion when the teacher announced that we had a new student.  Curious, I opened my eyes and was suprised to see a pissed looking Kyuhyun.  I wasn't expecting to see him before last period and I was unprepared by his sudden arrival.  I hadn't spoken to him sice his threat and my challenge, and just remembering our last encounter made my cheeks burn in embarassment.  I greatly regretted talking to him like that, especially after he had gotten injured.  I was planning to apoligize during math, but seeing that he was here now I thought it would be better to get it over with.

The only open chair in the class was to the left of me (Minnie sitting to my right), and I was nervous as he headed in my direction.  I avoided eye contact and only looked over at him when he was seated.  I summoned my courage before finally whispering,

"I'm sorry for yesterday.  The way I spoke to you was totally rude and I feel guilty for it."  He gave me a smirk before replying,

"Aww giving up the battle already?  I'm disappointed, I thought for sure that after yesterday I had actually met someone with an backbone at this school.  It seems I overestimated you.  You won't be as entertaining as I had hoped."  I wasn't exactly sure how I felt at his response.  On one hand I was flattered that he had actually thought of me, but at the same time I aknowledged that he was insulting me.  The anger seemed to win out as I was irritated my his condescending tone.

"Honestly, you can form whatever opinions you like about me.  I don't care because your judgements aren't ones that I respect in the least," I huffed and I mentally groaned as I saw his smirk deepen, I had played right into his hands with my outburst.  I quicly averted my eyes deciding that my best move would be to ignore him, and I focused my attention on the teacher.

"This project will be worth 50% of your final grade, so I expect each of you to take it seriously.  Also, this project requires that you work in partners to create your own original song.  Remember that the final performane will be given in front of the school and will factor into your overall score."  I glanced over at Minnie and grinned excitedly, this project sounded amazing,and  I was really excited that we would be creating our own original music.  Minnie grinned back and I knew we were both hoping that we would be partners.  However the teacher had other plans as she pulled out a hat with the names of the students in the class.  We each went up and picked out the name of our partner.  When it was my turn to pick I only prayed that the cosmic forces of luck were on my side.  As I grabbed a slip of paper and read the name of my partner i felt the blood drain from my face.

The slip of paper read "Cho Kyuhyun".

 

Sungmin POV

I was happy to see my pretty Wookie as I walked to my fifth period class.  However, I was less than pleased to see her with Yesung-hyung.  Unable to let her keep chatting with the competition, I came up to her and gave her a hug from behind.  I mentally cheered when I saw how happy she was to see me.  Before she could continue her conversation, I grabbed her and pulled her to our class.  I was relieved to get her away from the competition.  I was interested when th etacher announced the new student and I was suprised to see the boy from yesterday.  I didn't really know who he was, but the teacher announced him as Cho Kyuhyun.  I glanced at Wookie to see if she remembered the boy, and found her blushing madly.  I was confused by her reaction and it made me wonder if there was something going on between the two.

As soon as he took a seat next to her they began whispering to each other.  I was dying of curiosity and jelousy, but I was unable to catch what the were saying.  Finally Wookie looked away with a defeated look on her face and I was finally able to relax and listen to the teacher.  When she announced that there was going to be a partner project, I looked over at her and was pleased that she had also looked in my direction.  I prayed that there would be voluntary partnerships.  My heart sank a little when I found out that the selection would be random, but I couldn't squash the slight gleam of hope that still remained.  When it was her turn to pick I was slightly encouraged by the fact that I remained unchosen, and hoped for lady luck to be on my side.  Well it appears that I must be jinxed because I was not her partner, and worst news was she had chosen the new kid. 

I silently cursed my life as a rather pale looking Wookie mumbled out "C-cho Kyuhyun".  I looked over at the boy and saw him smirking devilishly.  Honestly, can things get any worse?


Mwahaha Evil-Kyu returns!

Poor Wookie partnered w/ her new enemy who she hates... Or does she?

*cue dramatic music* Stay tuned! :P