Chapter 1

Fighting for Your Love

Ryeowook POV

"We're moving." I dropped the spatula in my hand and it hit the floor with a clatter.  I spun around and faced my father.

  "B-but we just settled here, you promised we could stay here until I graduate!" i frantically searched my dad's face for any trace of humor indicating that he was kidding.  Instead I only found pleading eyes begging me to understand.  I sighed and quietly managed to ask,

"Where to this time?" My dad perked up after seeing I wasn't goind to fight.

"Seoul..." he started, "This time my boss absolutely guaranteed that we will stay long enough to graduate.  Honey, I promise we will stay there longer... trust me it will be fine."  I mustered up a weak smile, taking slight comfort in my dad's vow. It wasn't exactly like I had anything valuble I was leaving behind.  The friends I had made were not particularly close ones and I knew that I would soon be forgotten.  However, I dreaded making a new start.  It was the middle of my first year in high school, and transitioning would be difficult.  I sighed softly again, before picking up the spatula and returning to make dinner.

That night I lay in my bed, glancing around at all the the unpacked boxes scattered around my rrom.  Well, it appeared repacking would be relatively simple.  I turned to face my night stand which held the picture of my dead mother, the only precious thing I owned.  Looking at her smiling face I felt my eyes grow hot as I tried desperatley to stop the tears that threatened to overflow.

"Stop it." I commanded myself.  It had been four years since my mom had died in a boating accident and I promised myself that I would stop crying myself to sleep every night.  I had managed to keep my resolution for the past few minths, but tonight I wasn't up for the battle.  I switched off my light and sobbed into my pillow until sleep whisked me away.  My last thought before falling into a dreamless sleep was a silent plea for things to go well.  I knew I was a wimp and completely weak, but I couldn't help but wish for happiness... it was something I yearned for almost to the point of desperation.  It had kept me waiting for several years now.

Nobody's POV

Unbeknownst to Ryeowook, her dad sat leaning against her bedroom door tears sliding down his face.  He cried silently hearing his daughter's muffled sobs knowing that she was miserable.  She always had on a happy face and tried to stay cheerful, but he saw right through the facade.  He gave a sad sigh before heaving himself off the floor and shuffling to his room.  Gave a sad smile and softly whispered,

"She's so strong and so beautiful, I hope you can see her and protect her.  Please, bring her the joy she deserves... she tries so hard..." his voice trailed off, the silent cries shaking his body.  He hoped his wife up in heaven heard and answered his plea.  He could only pray thay she could somehow provide a solace for Ryeowooks obvious pain. 


Yay 1st update ever!  I told you it's slow but all aspects are necesary for characterization... at least that's the crap my English teacher would spew.

Anyway, hope you like it and comments are greatly appreciated but no hate ones 'kay?