Chapter 29

Fighting for Your Love

Donghae POV

What in the name of Doritos was going on here?!  I stared at the new guy apparently named Siwon.  I saw the tears fom in his eyes, but he didn't seem to notice them, he was too focused on Wookie.  Everyone was staring at Siwon with shock and disbelief, except Kyu who was just warily glaring at him.  Wookie seemed oblivious of everyone else, she was staring at the ground as Siwon explained the situation.

"Ryeo... I wasn't lying when I said that I'd love you forever.  When I pushed you away it was because I had to... trust me I didn't want to."

"Then why did you?" Wookie asked cautiously.  I noticed she grabbed Kyu's hand.  He squeezed her hand, but the look of discomfort didn't leave his face.

"A-after I heard your mom died I was going to comfort you, but when I got to your house your dad stopped me.  He told me to leave you alone.  He said that is was better to let you go.  He was worried that you'd be tied to me for the rest of your life and he wanted you to be able to branch out and experiece the world.  He told me that it was your mom's last wish.  Her biggest regret in life was not really experiencing the rest of the world, and she made your dad promise to make sure you fufilled her dream.  He asked me to let you go... I know I didn't need to do it so harshly, but I was young and immature.  Treating you coldly was the only way I could let myself release you... if I wasn't emotionless and detached I could not have ever let you go.  Ryeo you have no idea, after you left I cried for weeks and I was so depressed.  I finally just gave up on trying to stay away, and began kind watching over you.  You didn't know but I was always there ready to help if you needed me."

"That's why we were always moving"  Wookie whispered softly as new tears streamed down her face.  She looked at Siwon for the first time since he arrived.  "I'm so sorry." she said looking at him.

"Why are you apoligizing to me?" he asked softly as he wiped the tears from her face.  Kyu stiffened at the contact and I saw him clench his jaw.

"I'm sorry my problems caused you so much pain... it wasn't your burden..."

"Burden?  Ryeo, i love you, it was only natural that your burdens become mine... I couldn't let you face them alone.  Sweetie, that's what love is sharing... pain, happiness, memories, it's all part of love.  I was planning on staying away, but when I saw you a few months back crying I couldn't help myself.  When you told that librarian what I did to you, and how I hurt you, I couldn't take it.  I had to see you and talk to you.  Please Ryeo, I know you might not trust me and I know that you might not feel the same way I do, but please can we at least be friends?"  Siwon looked at Wookie with pleading eyes, tears streaming down his face.

Ryeowook POV

My heart was beating and my thoughts were spinning wildly in my head.  It was hard to believe Sowin's story, but it was also hard to refute it.  There were too many things that fit with his explaination, why my dad and I were constantly moving, the strange phone calls I began recieving after my talk with Mrs. Cho, and the feeling of being watched over.  But could I bring myself to let this person back into my life?

I looked into Siwon's familiar eyes.  I could see his pain and I felt guilty for causing him so much turmoil.  Those eyes forced me to remember our past... our past love.  I couldn't return the pain of rejection he had once given me, and I nodded slowly.  I would accept him, but I would not be able to trust him for a while.  I saw that the whole situation wasn't his fault, but my heart still stung at the memory and the scars still seemed to fresh to heal overnight.

"O-okay, we can try to be friends, but I can't handle all of this right now... Just give me some time..."  After saying that I quicly stood up.  I swayed unsteadily, but I continued to move forward.  I saw the shocked and worried expressions of all my friends, and I gave tham a shaky smile before I began to run.  I needed to clear my head and think over what had just happened. 

Before I realized it I found myself under the willow tree where Kyu and I had made our confessions.  My jumbled mind barely registered that fact as I pushed aside the branches and stepped under the tree's protective limbs.  I sat numbly as my mind tried to sort out what was going on.  I only ended up feeling crushed my all the overwhelming emotions and thoughts, and I began to cry in frustration.  I mentally cursed myself for being so weak as I let my body give in the sobs.

 

Kyuhyun's POV

I didn't know how to feel when Wookie accepted Siwon.   I was feeling jelous, neglected, and just plain scared of losing her.  All my negative emotions flew out of my head when I realized the she wasn't at my side holding my hand.  I looked up and saw her running.  The others seemed ready to stop her, but Hae held them back.

"No.  She needs something more than we can give." she looked at me and continued to talk her eyes never leaving mine.  "She needs someone who she can trust... she needs someone she loves, more than as a friend..."

I was running before Hae finished her sentence.  Instinctively I ran to the forest behind the school.  There was a magnetic force that pulled me over to the old willow tree.  As I stepped into the sheltered, leafy cave I was not suprised to find Wookie curled into a ball.  Her sniffling unconciously made tears spring to my eyes, and I went over to her.

I didn't say a word as I pulled her into my lap.  I gripped her tight and my bended knees went on either side of her body as if to shield her from the rest of the world.  I just held her until she stopped shaking and calmed down.  She wouldn't look at me and she whispered,

"God, I'm sorry.  I'm such a baby.  Sorry for this Kyu."  In response I gently lifted her face so her eyes met mine. 

"Kim Ryeowook, you just don't understand do you?  I love you, it is my job and responsibility to carry your burdens."  When I sais this I felt a slight pang remembering Siwon's statement.  I pushed this aside and gently kissed her, smiling into the kiss when I felt her relax. 

She looked at me, a slight smile on her lips, "I know that must have been weird for you... but don't worry Kyu... you have my heart."


thx for all my readers and subscribers!

also thx so much for leaving comments, it really means more then you think...

not sure what is next, but I'm just gonna say straight up that this a Kyuwook story, the other boys now kind of have side roles (sorry).  I love them all, but I am a Kyuwook shipper so please bear with me...