Chapter 33

Fighting for Your Love

Kyuhyun POV

I groaned as my phone rang for the hundreth time this hour.  I looked and was not suprised to see the call was from my cousin.  For the last six days I had been recieving nonstop phone calls from Eunhyuk and Hae.  They just kept calling over and over again demanding that I listen to them, and let them explain what happened with Ryeowook.  Every single time I hung up when her name was mentioned.  It hurt too much to hear it. 

It was lunch time so I shuffled my way over to the library.  I entered my grandma's office without knocking and threw myself down on to one of the arm chairs.  She looked up and gave me a knowing look,

"Rough day?"

"Gram, you don't have any idea."  My grandma made a face which made me sigh, I knew what was coming next,

"Kyuhyun, why won't you just listen to them?  Thery're obviously trying to tell you something important.  Stop being so stubborn!"  I glared at her angrily.  She was my own flesh and blood and yet she sided with the enemy.  She must have seen the look on my face because her voice instantly softened,

"Kyu, I'm not taking sides here.  I can see how miserable you are, and I know that if you would just listen you would feel better.  The only reason I am pushing this is because I care."  Honestly, if this was her way of showing she cared I would rather she didn't.  I was done with this. 

I grabbed my stuff and was about to open the door, when the door was pulled open from outside the office.  I looked up suprised, the irritated expression still on my face.  My eyes met the person on the otherside of the doorway, and my bag fell from my hands.

We just stared at each other eyes wide and mouth agape.  It was Ryeowook.  I was rather shocked by her appearence, her eyes were red and there were big dark circles under them.  Her skin was pale and she looked so frail and weak.  It was the first time I had seen her since the incident (I had transferred out of the math class and I ditched music comp every day).

Even though I told myself that I hated her and couldn't stand the thought of her, I couldn't look away from her.  My eyes were locked on hers, watching range of emotions pass through them.  I wanted so desperatley to just hug her and forget everything that had happened, but I fought against the urge.  The spell was broken when I heard a soft click sound.  I looked up and saw that my grandmother had dragged Ryeowook inside the office and had locked the door behind her.

"Grandma!  What the hell?!" I yelled alarmed at the sudden action.  I was now trapped in a small room with the last person I wanted to see.

"Kyu I'm serious.  Listen to her.  You're not leaving until you hear her side."  I stared at my grandma with disbelief, I snuck a glance at Ryeowook, she looked scared and uncertain.

She turned her eyes on me and I looked away refusing to meet her gaze.

"K-kyuhyun?" I didn't look up.  I stared at my feet and willed myself to become numb and emotionless.  I heard her sigh, but she continued to talk anyway,

"I-i know you're mad right now, and I wouldn't be suprised if you hate me right now..." she began in a shaky voice.  I still didn't look at her.

"I-it really was my fault though, I shouldn't have trusted Siwon.  I knew you didn't trust him, but I ignored that and I was wrong...but Kyu I didn't kiss him."  I looked at her, not able to contain my anger,

"Do you think I'm an idiot?!  I saw you with my own eyes!" I yelled at her condemningly.  She winced and tears gathered in her eyes, but she didn't cry and continued talking,

"Kyuhyun I didn't kiss him, he grabbed me and forced me... he stole it from me..."  I looked at her suprised, it never occured to me that she might have been assaulted.  I quickly pushed such thoughts away, I wasn't going to let my resolve waiver.  I looked at her with cold eyes.

"It's fine, I knew you wouldn't believe me." she gave a small sad smile.  "I just wanted you to know the truth."  My expression never changed and I resumed staring at my feet. 

"Cho Kyuhyun, I just wanted to tell you that I love you.  I love you more than I have ever loved anyone else in my life.  I know you're mad and you hate me, but my feelings won't ever change.  I have loved you since the moment I saw you and I will not stop loving you until the day I die.  I just wanted you to know that..."  I looked at her and saw a tender smile on her lips, despite the tears that slid down her cheeks.  "I just wanted to tell you good bye."  With that she turned away and knocked on the office door.  My grandmother opened the door and Ryeowook gave her a hug and a small smile.  "Bye Mrs. Cho" she sniffed and then she was gone.

I just stared after her, not sure what to do.  I wanted to trust her and believe her, but the scars on my heart wouldn't let me.  The nagging voices in my head reminded me of all the lies and betrayal that I had endured in my life.  In the end I just watched her leave, her words of love lost in a sea of doubt.

 

Ryeowook POV

I dried my tears as I walked away from the library.  It hurt that he didn't believe me, but I felt better for the first time since the incident.  I had told him how I felt, and even if the feelings were never returned, it was a relief to let them all out. 

I made my way to the usual lunch spot and was met with concerned looks from all my friends.  I smiled at them thanking them for their care, and Hae pulled me down next to her.  She hugged me protectively before telling me,

"Don't you worry Wookie, Hyukkie and I will get Kyu to listen, we just need to try harder..."

"Hae," I said cutting her off, "leave him alone." everyone looked at me shocked, but I continued calmly, "I talked to him today.  He doesn't believe me, but I don't blame him.  I have to let him go."  After the words left my mouth I smiled sadly and turned to Hae and gave her a big hug.  "Thank you Hae, I love you."  She just looked at me confused, but I continued my way around the circle.

"Hyukkie, thank you, take care of my best friend, okay?" I hugged him too and he gave me a strange look but hugged me back.

"Oppa, thank you for always being there for me" I hugged Yesung tight and gave him a peck on the cheek.

"Minnie, promise me you'll never stop smiling, the world is brighter whenever you smile" I gave him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek as well.

"Henli, my first friend here.  Thank you for taking me in and loving me" I hugged him tight and placed a kiss oh his forehead.

Everyone looked at me completely suprised and confused.  I just smiled at them and walked away.

 

Kyuhyun's POV

"RRIIINNNGGGG"

"RRIINNNGGGG"

"RRIINNNGGG"

Damn that phone!  I was sick of all this calling.  As my phone rang for the nth time I finally picked it up frustrated.

"Damn it Hae!  Just leave me alone!"

"Shut the hell up Cho Kyuhyun!  You bastard!  This is all your fault!" she screamed at me, "Thanks to you I lost my best friend you !" I was shocked when she began to sob loudly.  There was a shuffling sound on the other end of the line.

"Sorry Kyu." Eunhyuk's voice replaced Hae's, but he sounded frantic.

"Hyuk what the hell is going on?"

"Kyu... Wookie's gone."

"W-what do you mean?"

"Kyu, she moved.  We were all sitting at lunch and she basically said good bye to all of us.  She never told us that she was leaving and Hae went to her house this afternoon and she found it all boarded up with a "sold" sign on the lawn.  We treid to call Wookie, but the number was disconnected.  W-we don't know where she went... she never told us she was leaving.  At lunch we were all confused by her actions but now we know... she was saying good bye..."

His voice trailed off, but I had stopped listening anyway.  I thought back to that afternoon and my heart clenched.  The last thing she said before she left was,

"I just wanted to tell you good bye."


erm... sorry for these last few updates, I've been out of inspiration...

this was kind of a fail chap...

Mood: indifferent

Location: sister's room

Music: "Intuition" by  CNBLUE