Chapter 16

Fighting for Your Love

Henry's POV

I cursed myself as I ran to the front of the school after my meeting.  I was supposed to meet Wookie there and I was running late.  We both had to stay after school today, me for orchestra practice and Wookie had a meeting with her math teacher.  I finally arrived at the gates and looked around for Wookie's familiar shape.  I didn't see her and I sighed in relief, I really didn't want her to wait.  I sat down on a nearby bench and made myself comfortable.  Soon I saw Wookie emerge form the school building.  I stood up and waved, but my smile dimmed as I saw her face.  It appeared that she was holding back tears.

"S-sorry Henli, I hope you weren't waiting too long." she apoligized wealky making an attempt to smile.

"Wookie, what's wrong?  And don't go telling me you're fine because it's obvious that your not."  She sighed and sank down on the bench,

"It seems that I'm a very easy person to read, it's the second time today that I've been told that."

"No, you're not easy to read... it's just that the people who care about you notice these things." I mumbled slightly embarassed as the mushy words.  "Now stop trying to change the subject.  What's wrong?"  She looked at me and she began to sniff,

"I'm just so stupid, I haven't even been at this school a week yet and my math teacher already told me that I'm close to failing."  Tears began to overflow and ron down her cheeks, "I just can't let myself fail, but honestly I'm just so lost in that class."  I wasn't sure what to do,but my instincts took over and I enveloped her in a comforting hug.

"Wookie you're not stupid, in fact you're one of the smartest people I know.  So what if math is giving you some trouble?  Hell, I've had to repeat the same math course since 7th grade!  Now please stop crying, okay?"  She nodded and relaxed in my arms, I felt my pulse begin to speed up as I felt her return my squeeze.

"Thank you Henli.  I don't know how, but honestly you make me feel so much better.  You really are one of the best friends I have ever had."  I blushed pleased at her compliment, but felt my heart sink slightly when she called me her friend.  Was I nothing more than that?  I knew I should be happy with that, but I was greedy and wanted to be so much more to her.

Finally, she pulled away and I released her unwillingly.  She looked at me with a genuine smile and said,

"Well, I suppose I can just get a tutor then.  Maybe you should consider getting one as well." she added giggling.  I pouted and pretended to be insulted.

Hey!  Don't be mean.  Besides I don't need math to do what I want anyway."  She looked at me curiously and I clarified, "I'm going to be a famous violinist."

"I didn't know you could play!  That's amazing!  We should collaborate, I can play the piano and keyboards.  Oh better yet we could do a whole group thing!  I know Minnie can play the guitar and Yesung-hyung can do the vocals!"  

"I'd much rather duet with you" I whispered to myself.  I quickly looked at Wookie hoping she hadn't heard, and it appeared I was safe,  I didn't want to let her know about my feelings for her... at least not yet.  I was waiting for the right time, but I couldn't ever seem to find a suitable situation to tell her... to tell her that I loved her...

 

Kyuhyun's POV

I grinned evily at Ryeowook's reaction to finding out I would be her partner.  "Hell yeah" I thought, "it's on!"  We spent the rest of class time arguing about pretty much nothing, and I could see that she was getting frustrated.

"Aww don't get too riled up bunny, it's just music."

"Just music!  How can you even say that!  Music is passion manifested as art, it is the product of emotion and effort.  It is not something that can be degraded, especially from a low life like you!  And in what country is it okay for you to call me bunny!" she scolded.  I laughed and applauded myself for getting such an explosive reaction.  I was just so easy to get a response from her, I wondered how long before she would break.

"Whats that bunny?  Your voice was too high for humans to hear, I missed that can we repeat" I chided in mock innocence.

"There's nothing wrong with my voice!  The only reason you couldn't hear was because dogs like yourself don't hear certain tones."

"Did you just call me a dog?" I asked incredulously.  No one had ever dared to insult me to my face before.  I had to admit, this girl had some balls.  She further proved that she had guts when she simply replied, 

"Woof woof."  I was about to start another round of verbal sparring when the bell rang.  I cursed my luck because now it had seemed that she got the last word.  My pride would not allow her the satisfaction of getting the win, and as I sweeped past her to exit the calss room, I whispered in her ear,

"Cute, but remember dogs eat bunnies alive."  I gave an evil laugh as I saw her face pale, and walked triumphantly to math. 

All during the nest period she refused to look at me, giving me the silent treatment.  I scoffed at her attempt to unnerve me.  To prove how unaffected I was by her act I decided to take a nap.  I slowed my breathing, but left my eyes opened slightly open to watch her reaction.  After some time she peeked over at me, and when she saw I was "sleeping" she let out a frustrated huff.  I mentally grinned at the desired result, but was slightly shocked when I realized she was still looking at me.  I was further confused when a tender smile emerged on her lips, and I was unsure why my heart began to speed up slightly.  I was taken aback from my reaction and quickly pushed it from my mind, why did it matter if she smiled?

I must have actually fallen asleep because suddenly I was awakened by the ringing of the bell.  I looked up dazed not sure where I was.  I was jolted back into full conciousness when I noticed that Ryeowook made no move to pack up.  

"Yo bunny, planning on staying the night?" I questioned as I began shoving papers into my bag.

"It's really not a dog's business, but if you must know, I have a meeting with the teacher" she replied in a seemingly nonchalant matter, but I could sense her anxiety.

"Aww failing math already?" I saw her flinch and I knew that I had hit home.  I chuckled and moved towards the door.  "Well now, it appears that you are a dumb bunny." I said mockingly sending her a smirk as I walked out of the room.  I heard her grumble under her breath,

"Yeah well a dumb bunny is better than a-a..., oh never mind!"  I laughed to myself pleased that I had won once again.  Well, dumb bunny or not, lately I was finding school much more enjoyable...


hehe more evil Kyu and some Henwook action...

I've already figured out who wins Wookie's heart, I have my couple biases, but I won't ruin the suprise

by the end tho my biases will be revealed... I guess some of you have already predicted who will be together in the end, huh?

Anyway thanks again for you're support!

Comments = Supa Luv (hehe Teen Top reference) :P