Chapter 13

Fighting for Your Love

Ryeowook POV

 

I watched as Sungmin whipped his quarterstaff through the air quicky increasing the speed at each swing.  The motion was graceful and almost hypnotizing.  When he finished his demo I appluded him loudly and gave him a proud smile.  I glanced over at Hae, about to comment on Minnie's performance, when I realized that she was no longer at my side.  I caught her standing a few feet back from the rest of the group staring intently at a blond boy practicing his kicks and flips.  A small gentle smile played on her lips and I realized that my friend had a crush.  I grinned devilishly wanting nothing more then to get the two alone together.  I was about to ask the guys abouth the blond when suddenly an older man approached us and asked Yesung if he could referee one of the sparring matches.  Yesung agreed and before I could say anything the boys grabbed both me and Hae and dragged us over to the sparring ring in the middle of the gym.

"What's going on?" Hae questioned me confusedly.

"Oh Yesung has to be a ref during one of the fights.  How come you didn't notice?  Too busy staring at a certain blond?"  She blushed madly and tried to deny it, but I ignored her and simply giggled.  Now how to get those two together? 

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice the two boys that entered the ring.  I glanced up right as the match was about to begin.  One of the guys was quite large, tall and muscularly built.  The other was pretty tall as well, but he was less bulky and instead had lean muscles that ran over his body.  I stared hard at the smaller fighter, he looked strangely familiar, but I couldn't get a good look at his face due to his protective head gear.  Yesung stood in the middle of the ring and, after the two opponents bowed to each other respectfully, he gave the signal to begin.  The large boy immeadiatley charged the other, but the lanky guy was fast and easily dodged the attack.  It seemed that the bigger guy relied solely on his strength rather than technique or speed.  Before long the larger man appeared to be a bit winded as the other boy had easily avoided each of his attacks.  Suddenly, the small boy kicked out his foot quick as lightning and the other boy lost his footing and fell hard.  Yesung announced the time was up and the slender boy was the obvious winner.  I clapped and yelled out my congradulations to the winner, happy that the fight had not turned too violent. 

Just as the winner was preparing to remove his head gear, the big guy rushed him from behind and puched him in the back with obvious malice.  The force of the blow caused the smaller guy to fall forward, and he fell off the raised sparring ring and landing in a heap on the concrete floor.  The other boys ran onto the raised ring grabbing the still furious loser and trying to hold him back.  Before I even realized I had moved, I found myself at the fallen boy side.  I gently laid the unconcious boy on his back and tried to remove his head gear so I could asses the damage.  I managed to pull off his head guard and saw a gash on his forehead that was bleeding profusely.  I panicked slightly at the sight and had to calm down before I passed out, I had a real phobia of blood.  I quickly collected myself and gently applied pressure to the wound hoping to slow down the flow of blood. 

"Why are you crying?"  I heard a husky voice choke out and I finally looked down at the person who's head lay in my lap.  I gasped in shock almost forgetting to appy the steady pressure on the still bleeding cut.  The boy that i held in my lap was no other than Kyuhyun.  I must have been gaping longer than I realized because once again he managed to choke out,

"Why are you crying?"  I looked and saw that he was right, I hadn't even noticed the silent tears that were streaming down my face leaving wet spots where they landed on my shorts and on Kyuhyun's bloody face.

"O-oh, I'm sorry, I didn't even realize I was crying" I willed the tears to stop as I asked him, "Are you alright?  Does it hurt?".  He snorted, his voice losing the previously soft and almost gentle tone as he answered sarcastically,

"Oh yeah I'm fine.  It's all rainbows and butterflies, It's not like I cracked my head open or anything like that."  I flinched at his acidic tone, but I couldn't help but feel relieved that he had returned to his normal self.  I glanced up and saw a rather frantic looking Hae arriving on the scene with a first aid kit.  She squatted beside me and removed the necessary equipment.

"Okay don't hate me but this is going to sting" I warned him as I prepared to wash out his gash with an anti-bacterial towelette. 

"No!  There's no way in hell I'm letting you near me wuth that thing!  I hate those, they hurt like hell!"  I was a bit amused to see the normally calm evil boy panic and flail around.  Finally, I nodded to Hae and she understood what I wanted and pinned Kyuhyun's arm at his sides. 

"Hey cut that out!  I'm serious, stop!" he growled as he tried frantically to squirm out of Hae's grasp.  Just then another pair of hands joined Hae's in anchoring Kyuhyun's arms.  We all looked up and I was suprised to see the blond boy that Hae had been staring at earlier. 

"Now, now Little-Kyu.  Stop acting like a toddler and recieve the treatment like a man.  These two lovely girls are trying to help you and you really are acting like a brat."  The boy spoke in a teasing yet authoritative manner, and I saw Hae staring at him with wonder.

"Eunhyuk, your freakin lucky that you're my cousin because if you weren't you'd have my foot making itself comfortable on your monkey lookin face!"  Kyuhyun huffed in anger.  I was still kind of trying to wrap my head around these two being cousins.  Their personalities were just so different, I had a hard time believing they shared common blood.  I recovered from my thoughts and remembered the task at hand.  Taking the opportunity while Kyuhyun seemed distracted by his cousin, i quickly used the towel to clean out his wound. 

As soon as I finished wiping away the semi-dried blood, i began to blow on his cut hoping to take away some of the sting.  I felt him stiffen in my lap and felt guilty for causing him even more pain.  I looked down at him expecting to be yelled at but instead i was met with a bewildered stare.  As our eyes met I felt a slight pull in my stomach, and then looked away blushing.  What the heck was that Wookie?

Kyuhyun seemed to recover himself after that and wormed his way out of the other's hands as soon as I had placed a bandage over his cleaned cut.  He got to his feet and began slowly testing his body to see if he had any other injuries.  I also rose to a standing position, shaking my legs to get the blood flowing again.  I looked back at Kyuhyun's cousin and he quicky gave a wide grin and introduced himself,

"Hi, I'm Eunhyuk!  And this idiot here is my cousin Kyuhyun."  I bowed not wanting to shake his hand as mine was still covered in blood.  Hae on the other hand shook his hand and I watched with glee as he seemed to hold on to it longer than necessary.

"Hi, I'm Ryeowook, and this here is my gorgeous friend Donghae!" I replied cheerily trying to be a good wing-woman.  Hae gave me a death glare, but I ignored it and quickly continued,

"We already know Kyuhyun from school, Sm Prep.  Do you go there as well?"

"Yeah, I transferred over with my cuz, actually we've only been here for a few months"

"Really?  We'll have to show you around!  Oh, except I'm really new here and don't really know where anything is yet.  No worries though, Hae can show you around, she can be like your personal tour guide!" I chirped excitedly.  I continued to ignore Hae stepping on my toes and pretended not to see her hostile stare.

"Hey why don't the two of you come with us?  I think we're all going out for sushi after this.  It would be great if you would come!"

"That sounds good" Eunhyuk replied smiling as he looked at Hae.

"Ugh, I don' wanna go!" Kyuhyun suddenly butted in whining.  I faced him giving him my most vicious glare before saying in a sweet tone,

"Kyuhyun we're all bloody and gross, we should probably go clean up" I grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the other two.

"Geez, what with you?" he questioned while trying to remove his arm from my grip.

"Shhh!" I hissed "can't you see that I'm trying to get those two together?!  Did hitting your head make you loose your deductive reasoning?"

"Get them together?  But they don't even like each other?"  I groaned wondering if hitting his head make him miss the obvious.

"Listen I don't care whether you come with us or not, but you will not mess things up for Hae.  You understand?" 

"Yes, mother" he snapped back sarcastically.  "But I think I will join you, making your life a living hell should be entertaining!"  I stiffened at his words remembering Hae's warning, but I pushed it from my mind before giving him a small slightly sad smile,

"Give it your best shot.  I've lived through real life hell before, I'd like to see what you got."  After issuing my challenge, I left him standing there confused  while I searched for a bathroom.  I wanted to wash my hands and see where the others had gone... I had to inform them that we were going for sushi tonight... 


long chap, but the story def needed some more Kyuwook action and some drama...

next scene is at school, sushi scene is too tedious and I don't want it to be boring

oh and I'm gona do less POVs now  It will mostly be in Wookie's eyes with a few others thrown in

I no wana do every person's POV for every scene, it takes too long....

okay done rambling!  Thx for reading even tho I'm a pain! :P