Chapter 34

Fighting for Your Love

Ryeowook POV

"You would have really liked him... he was snarky but really very soft hearted, just like you.  I can just imagine it, you two arguing and bantering back and forth.  It makes me smile just picturing it..." I smiled and breathed deeply.  The sun was warm, but the soft breeze from the ocean still gave me a slight chill.  I glanced over at my dad who was standing a little ways off, giving me privacy.

"See, I told you next time I visited I would bring dad!" I chuckled when I saw my dad squirm, trying to hide his impatience.  "Dad's getting antsy, so I'll leave you two alone for a little bit.  Bye mommy, I love you and I promise I'll visit again soon."  I gave my mother's grave one last look before walking over to my father.

"I'll be down at the beach if you need me, 'kay?"  He nodded, never looking away from my mother's tombstone.  It always made my dad cry when we visited her, and I know he didn't want me to see him break down.

When I reached the white sand of the beach I kicked off my shoes and walked down to the water.  The icy waves sending goose bumps up my legs.  I looked out at the never ending blue and smiled sadly.  The last time I was here, I was with Kyu...

The memory stung, but it also gave me a little comfort.  I still loved him and the memories we shared made the love seem more concrete to me.  I always knew that it was too good to be true.  I was just fooling myself when I started to believe that maybe someone needed me as much as I needed them.  Honestly, I knew I was useless.  I was just too weak, how could I expect him to rely on me when I couldn't even rely on myself?

I reached up to push the hair out of my eyes, and was suprised to feel tears flowing from them.  I was so used to the sensation of crying that I didn't even notice it anymore.  I didn't even try to stop the droplets as they coursed down my face, what was the point? 

I sat down on the sand, away from the invading surf and willed my mind to stop thinking.  As hard as I tried, I could never make myself completely numb, and the thougths that I wished to avoid were always present.  I gave up and let the memories wash over me, savoring the warmth, and enduring the pain.

I remembered the first time I saw him, I didn't realize it at the time, but the strange feeling he gave me was love.  I remebered how mad he made me, but I was only frustrated by my attraction to him.  I knew from the beginning that I was drawn to him, and I remembered my struggle to resist the pull.  However, the force was too strong.  I remembered that time when he ran away.  I was still trying to deny my feelings, but when I found him looking so helpless and scared I couldn't help it.  It was like gravity and it was only a matter of time before I gave in and unleashed my heart.  That was my problem, when I loved, I did so with all my heart.

Still, it seemed like a dream when Kyu returned my feelings, and when he did I trusted him with every fiber of my being.  At the same time, I was always waiting for the other ball to drop.  I knew my love was irreversible, but I aslo knew that I wasn't good enough to keep him.  That was proven when I made that stupid mistake.  I really was too trusting, I should have stayed away from Siwon. 

I was an idiot.  Life had taught me so many lessons about trust and betrayal, but I never learned.  Everytime I found myself rejected, while I still held on to the love.  When would I ever learn?

 

Nobody's POV

Ryeowooks dad sat next to his wife's grave, tears falling like raindrops from his eyes. 

"You know why she wanted to leave?  She told me she was too weak to stay there any longer.  She said that she couldn't handle it anymore.  Why can't she see how strong she really is?  I know what happened, I know she is in love, and I know she has been rejected.  It's just like a replay of what happened so many years ago.  A weak person would just crumble, but you know what she did?  When she told me she wanted to leave, she just smiled and said that she couldn't see him hurt anymore.  She did it to protect him because she thinks she a burden on him, she doesn't want her love to hinder him.  She's enduring all the pain in order to shield him from it.  Why can't she see how strong she really is?"  He looked at the sky searching for the answers, hoping for divine intervention.

A warm breeze came out of nowhere, engulfing the distraught man in a comforting embrace.  He looked around suprised when a familiar scent invaded his senses.  His wife's perfume.

As he looked around wonderingly, he caught a sight in the distance.  The figure in the distance was running around somewhat frantically, looking like he was searching for something.  The guy disappeared from his sight, and once again he caught the smell of his wife's perfume.  Was this a sign?

 

Kyuhyun's POV

She had to be here, she just had to.  My brain was hardly functioning, all I could think was I had to stop her.  It was still a mystery to me how I had gotten here.  It felt like someone had guided me back to this town.  I easily remembered the last time I was here.  This was where I hugged her and comforted her... this was where I began to love her.

I ran blindly just letting my instincts guide me.  My mind was racing and all I could process was the overwhelming need to be with her.  I loved her and I needed her, I couldn't let her leave.  I never once thought about pride or fear, all I could focus on was her.

I found myself stumbling onto the beach eyes searching desperatley, my heart throbbed erratically and it felt like the air had left my body,

"RYEOWOOK!..."


thx for reading and commenting and subscribing!

I love and thank you all!

Plz stay tuned the conclusion is coming soon...

Mood: anxious

Location: the sun room

Music: "Reset" by Super Junior