Chapter 21

Fighting for Your Love

Kyuhyun POV

I was Saturday and I was cursing my grandmother.  She had taken away my laptop insisting that I needed some fresh air.  I didn't need freakin air, I needed Starcraft!  But I could never disobey my grandma, she was truly the only one I respected, so that's why I found myself aimlessly strolling.  I yawned, I had stayed up until 5am playing on my laptop so I was slightly sleep deprived.  I walked into a nearby coffee shop hoping the caffine would do it's job.

I walked out the shop with a large latte and sat on a nearby bench to enjoy the steaming liquid.  Across the street was a small flower shop and I amused myself by watching the customers go in and out.  Suddenly a familiar figure entered the store.  It was Ryeowook.  I remembered her telling me she had plans today, and I smirked as a plan formed in my head.  She emerged with a large bouquet of pink roses, orange poppies, and white daisies.  After she had walked a distance, I stood and followed her making sure that she didn't see me.

I trailed her to the subway and got on the same train making sure i was hidden from her sight.  The last time I had seen her out of her uniform she was dressed in bright colors, so it seemed a bit uncharacteristic that she was wearing a black dress and a dark gray sweater.  She looked slightly formal and I smirked thinking she really did have a hot date.  I was planning on following her and interupting her date and embarassing her.  I chuckled to myself just picturing her face when she saw me.  She was going to be pissed! Hehe!

I watched and waited for her to get off, but she stayed seated and I realized that we were going pretty far.  This only increased my curiosity.  When the train was at its last stop I finally saw her stand and walk out.  I paused, letting some space between us before following her.  When i emerged from the station I was suprised to see I was in a small beach side town.  I got distracted by the lovely views of the ocean and almost forgot my plan.  I quickly scanned the area for Ryeowook and I saw her heading towards the edge of the community nearest to the ocean.  I was more confused then ever, but continued to trail after her interested to see where she was headed.

 

Wookie POV

I breathed in the fresh salty sea air and felt a little bit happier about returning to my home town.  The smile on my face was erased as I remembered why I was here, and I sighed and made my way over to the very edge of the town.  I passed through the familiar gates and entered the lush green area.  I shuddered involuntarily, I really hated this place.  I walked to a secluded corner of the fenced off area and sank down on to the soft green grass.  I couldn't stop the tears that spilled over my cheeks, but I gave a small smile and faced the headstone in front of me,

"Happy birthday Mommy." I said quietly wiping my eyes, "Sorry it's been so long since I've visited, but we moved again and it always takes a little time to adjust."  I placed the flowers in front on the gravestone that marked my mother's final resting place.  "I got your favorite poppies" I sniffled.  I didn't want my mother to see me so depressed so I held back all the rest of my tears as I continued to talk to the grave.  "I mixed them with the roses that Daddy always bought you and also added daises like you used to plant in the garden.  I thought you would like that."  I sat chatting for an hour or so telling her of my new friends and the new house.  I even whined to her about the Dog.  Finally, I stood up and brushed the dirt from my dress.  "Okay Mommy.  I have to get going, but I promise I'll visit soon.  I'll bring Daddy next time, Okay?  Love you..." I stopped.  I couldn't continue because the emotions I was trying so hard to hide were beginning to come out.  I gave a shaky smile to the grave before rushing out of the cemetary.  Before I even relized it I found myself at the beach.  I was exhausted and my legs gave out under me.  I collapsed in a heap on the sand sobbing, the tears blinding my view.

Kyuhyun's POV

When I saw Ryeowook enter the cemetary I was confused.  I watched as she sat and placed the flowers in front of a particular grave and began talking.  I watched a numb feeling spreading through my body, all plans to embarass or torture her flew out of my head.  Instead I just watched her blankly.  I didn't know how long it had been, but suddenly she stood and ran out of the graveyard.  As she ran away I looked back at the grave that she had been sitting in front of. 

I walked over to it and read the inscription, it gave the usual name and date of birth and date of death and I guessed it was her mother.  Underneath her name lay the inscription, "May love guide the lost soul". 

I exited the cemetary and wondered where Ryeowook had run off to.  I found her a little distance away sitting on the beach.  She was facing away from me, looking at the ocean.  I couldn't see her face, but I saw her shoulders shaking slightly and I knew she was crying.  Normally I would have avoided the scene, I was uncomfortable when people cried, but I something inside me made me approach the girl.  She didn't notice me, but I saw her face the tears seeping through her clenched eyes.

I didn't know what came over me but suddenly my arms were around her.  I squeezed her hard hoping to ease her pain.  I didn't know why but I just wanted to comfort her.

"K-Kyu~?" she stammered out confused.

"Ssshhh it's okay" I soothed, "It's okay."  I just kept repeating the words over and over again.  She relaxed on my arms and rested her face against my chest, sobbing into my shirt.

"Why? Why did she have to die? She was the kindest person I knew.  How could she just be gone?"  I felt tears prick at my eyes when she said those words.

"It's okay. It's okay." I just repeated hugging her closer.  She continued to cry but suddenly grabbed my hand squeezing it gently.  I was suprised and I looked down at her,

"T-thank you... I don't know why you're doing this or how you got here... but thank you."  I was so suprised by her gratitude that I couldn't react right away.

"Don't worry about it" I finally responded, hugging her even closer to my body, "I'm here for you."  She then returned my embrace and we stayed like that until her crying eventually stopped.  I realized that she had fallen asleep, and I looked at her peaceful tearstained face.

"What is it about you?" I whispered more to myself than her, "What is it about you that makes me want to stay like this forever?..." my voice trailed off as I pulled her back into a hug and just stared at the neverending blue of the ocean.


thanks for reading!

next chappie kind skips ahead a little...