Chapter 27

Fighting for Your Love

Henry's POV

I sat with Min, hyung, Hae, and Eunhyuk in the courtyard before school.  We had all recieved a text from Wookie the night before asking us to meet her here.  She said she had some great news.  I was relived that she wasn't mad at us anymore.  We never got a chance to apologize or explain why we were arguing.  When she left so suddenly we were all worried and I feared that she left because she was angry.

After Wookie had rushed away we all decided what we would do.  It was decided that we would just all confess our feelings to her at the same time, then see what she decides.  I was nervous, but I wasn't without hope.  Wookie always seemed so affectionate and loving that I felt there was still a chance for me.  Once we had a plan of action, there was less tension between us, and for the first time in months I felt like I could actually be around them without wanting to punch something.

I was shifting around figiting, she was taking forever and I was getting anxious thinking about my confession.  Just then Wookie walked up grinning brightly.  I was suprised to see Kyuhyun following a little behind her.  I was startled to see that he had a genuine smile on his face, and not one of his signiture smirks.  I felt Min stiffen beside me and I caught a look of dread on his face.  I was confused by his reaction, but turned my attention back to Wookie and Kyuhyun.  My breath caught in my throat when I saw what Min had seen.  Wookie's hand was intertwined with Kyuhyun's.

I couldn't quite grasp the situation, but as I sat numbly I felt the others begin to react.  Hae leaped to her feet running over and hugging Wookie.  She just kept smiling and repeating over and over again,

"I knew it!  I knew you liked him!"  Eunhyuk ran over to his cousin punching him on the shoulder lightly,

"Dude!  You finally accepted it.  Idiot!  I knew you liked her, took you long enough!" 

Wookie just flushed slightly laughing at her excited friend, while Kyuhyun glared at his cousin before breaking into a smile.  Even as they were assaulted by the two, Wookie and Kyuhyun never released their clapsed hands.  I just felt like crying.  I was crushed.  I saw how happy she was and I felt a searing jelousy.  Why I couldn't I be the one to make her smile?  I looked at Hyung and MIn and saw the shock, pain, and defeat on both of their faces.

Hyung was the first to regain his composure.  He stiffly approached the pair giving Wookie a small hug and giving her a feeble smile.  He turned to Kyuhyun and whispered his congradulations before hurrying away.  Wookie seemed a bit confused by his sudden departure, but was distracted when Min walked up to her.  My best friend had always been a great actor, and I saw him hide his broken heart behind a mask of aegyo.  He smiled cutely pulling the new couple into a group hug.  He pretended to lecture Kyuhyun in a seemingly joking manner while patting Wookie playfully on her head.  But I had known Min for a long time, so I caught the expression in his eyes and I saw the tears that he locked away.  He too left as soon as he could, leaving only me to approach the new couple.

As I slowly closed the gap between the smiling pair, I caught Hae's eyes and she looked at me with genuine concern.  I wasn't suprised that she knew we all loved Wookie, and her concern for me was slightly comforting.  I gave her a half hearted smile to reassure her that I was fine, but inside I was trying to keep from crying.  I had the senseless urge to just grab Wookie and beg her to love me, but I did have my pride.  I mustered up all my strength and went to wish them luck.

"Congrats you guys..." I began somewhat akwardly, "Kyuhyun, if you hurt her I'll seriously beat you with my kendo stick." I said in a light tone, but there was a real threat in those words.  "Wookie, if you're happy then I'm happy."  That was all I said before giving them my best attempt at a smile before starting to walk away.

I was shocked when I felt someone hug me from behind.  I looked down and saw Wookie clutching me tightly.

"Thank you Henli.  I just wanted to say that I love you.  I really feel like you have become my brother." those simple, innocent words hurt me more than anyone could imagine.  Sure she said she loved me, but it wasn't the right kind of love.  She loved me like a sister loves a brother.  I loved her like a man loves a woman.  The gap between was too big to cross over, and I was condemned to a love that only caused the cracks in my heart to grow more and more.


thx for reading!...

I'm not sure where this story is headed but I need some twist to test Kyuwook couple... hm will think about it

Thx to all my readers and suscribers!  Also thx so much to those of you who have left comments!

sending you love~ <3  ^^