Chapter 32

Fighting for Your Love

Eunhyuk's POV

I looked down when my phone vibrated in my hands, I gave a sigh of relief when I saw that it was Hae.  I was shocked and worried when she had rushed out earlier, I was just glad that she was okay.

"Hae!" I greeted her breathlessly.

"Hey, sorry about earlier but Wookie had an emergency."

"Wookie?  Is she okay?  Do you want me to call Kyu?" I asked worried about my small friend, she seemed so fragile.

"Uhh, actually that's what I need to talk to you about.  That bastard Siwon forced himself on Wookie and Kyu saw.  He misunderstood and ended things with Wookie.  She's kind of a mess right now, she keeps calling him but he won't answer.  He won't give her the chance to explain."  I almost dropped the phone I was so suprised.  Then the realization began to sink in and I saw how precarious the situation was.

"Hae... I know that it wasn't Wookie's fault, but do you know how hard it will be to convince Kyu of that.  You don't know him like I do, you don't know how stubborn he is.  He won't listen, and even if he does he won't trust you."

"Yeah I'm a little worried about that.  But you and I both know that he loves Wookie, he has to trust her a little bit, right?" 

"Hae, Kyu is pretty much emotionally closed off.  Even if he loves her it doesn't mean that he trusts her, especially after he thinks that she betrayed him.  For Kyuhyun, he has loved before and it ended with rejection or hurt.  He never gives his trust willingly, and I wouldn't be suprised if he never trusted her to begin with.  He probably convinced himself that he had a onesided love, this way he wouldn't feel the need to invest himself fully."  I know the words were harsh, but I also suspected the were true.  Cko Kyuhyun was a tough nut to crack.

"Eunhyuk that's such bull !  Wookie loves Kyuhyun, more than I think you or Kyuhyun realize.  I've watched her, I've seen the way she looks at him.  Everytime she's with him you can practically see the love radiating off her.  If we could just get Kyu to see how much she loves him then he would understand that kiss was a lie.  Hyukkie do you know what Wookie is doing right now?  She's crying because Siwon spoiled her lips, she crying because she thinks she doesn't deserve Kyu anymore.  The purest most innocent person on the planet is claiming she is tainted!  Do you understand how much she values Kyuhyun?" 

I grimaced at the thought of Ryeowook crying.  She was perpetually sunny and always seemed so cheerful.  It was painful to imagine the angel being tainted.

"Damn" I muttered, "I'm f-ing going to kill Siwon!"

"Psh!" Hae gave a bitter laugh, "Oh please!  The pleasure of ripping that piece of  apart belongs to me!"

"Well what are we going to do?" I finally asked.  I knew that Wookie was serious about my cousin, but I also knew that Kyu was probably emotionally scarred.  Hae seemed satisfied that I was going to help,

"Okay listen up!  Here's the plan..."

 

Kyuhyun's POV

I paced around my room, a steady flow of curses falling from my lips.  I kicked my bed and punched my pillow, letting the pain in my chest manifest itself as anger.  I was pissed at myself.  I mentally kicked myself for falling in love.  Hadn't I sworn off love?  I knew the pain that it caused, but I was such an idiot that I let it invade my life.  It seemed that my previous life experiences had done little to educate me.  My mother had done jack for me, but she did teach me one thing.  It was something that she pounded over and over in my head: never love, never trust, and you will never be hurt.  This is the lesson she taught me everytime she hit me, everytime she cursed my name, and it was the lesson that she imprinted on me permanently when she abandoned me.

I was the idiot that loved and trusted my mother regardless of what she did.  I loved her unconditionally, and in the end she left me.  I swore that I would never be in that position again, yet here I was, my heart bleeding because of stupid love.  I cussed again, scolding myself.  I knew that it had been to good to be true, to find someone who needed me as badly as I needed them.  The tears that my anger had pushed away now returned.  I had told myself not to become too attached, but before I even realized it Wookie had became the reason I woke up and got out of bed every day. 

Even after she rejected me in the cruelest way possible, I still couldn't bring myself to hate her.  Hell, I still loved her.  Everytime her name flashed on my caller ID, it was a physical battle not to pick up the phone.  I wanted so badly to just call her and beg her to take me, to love me, but I restrained myself.

Even if I was a stupid idiot, I still had my pride and that little sliver of self-respect was what kept me from breaking down and calling her.  Well, that and the ever present fear of love that lingered in my heart.  I, who had so eagerly and resolutely denounced love, now found myself a victim of her cruel game once again.  I was truly a fool...


and update #2 for today

I always see those journal entries that have the author's mood and music so I'm gona do it too!

Mood: satisfied

Location: my bed

Music: "Love Disease" by Super Junior (fitting huh?)

thx for reading and commenting I love you all! ^^