Chapter 24

Fighting for Your Love

Ryeowook POV

I was sitiing in my favorite nook of the library reading about song composition, when I heard someone clear their throat right in front of me.

"Oppa, what's up?" I ansked giving Yesung a grin.  He wouldn't look at me directky instead he looked down at the ground.  He was playing  with the hem of his shirt and I noticed he was flushed.  I became worried and went over to him and placed my hand on his forehead,

"Oppa, do you feel all right?  You're all red, and you feel warm."  

"Uh, no actually... uh I just wanted to ask you something."

"Oh sure!  What do you need?" I asked relieved that he wasn't ill.

"I-i umm... uh I w-wanted to know if you wanted to hang out after school today?" he stammered out.  I was suprised by his question, he had never asked me to hang out before.  I bit my lip, I did have a study session planned with Kyuhyun after school today.  Yesung looked up at me and I saw the anxiety in his eyes, and I decided Kyuhyun wouldn't mind if I cancelled.

"Sure Oppa!" I replied happily, "I'll meet you at the gates after school, okay?"  He seemed really happy and beamed at me.

"Thanks Wookie!"

"Why are you thanking me?" I giggled, "You're so weird Oppa"

"Yeah but don't lie, that's my main appeal!"  I laughed at his teasing,

"True Oppa, very true."

----------------

Ring! Ring!

"Hello?" Kyuhyun answered his phone after a few rings.

"Hey Puppy!" I replied teasingly, "How's my favorite Doggie?"

"Hahaha" he laughed sarcastically, "What do to you want anyway?"  I giggled at his irritated tone, it was so easy to piss him off.

"Actually, I called because I have to cancel the tutoring session after school today."

"Why? Are you all right? Is anything wrong?"

"No I'm fine.  It's just Yesung-oppa wanted to hang out after school today.  I didn't think you'd mind, so I agreed to go."  There was silence on the other end, I became worried that the call had dropped. "Hey! Are you still there?" I asked.

"Uh, yeah." Kyuhyun replied with a slightly harsh tone, "Why did you have to call me?  You could have just told me in music."  I was a little alarmed by his voice, he sounded really angry.

"Kyu, don't be angry" I begged, "I just wanted to tell you as soon as possible so you could make other plans, I'm sorry if I made you mad."

"Aish, I'm not mad" he huffed, "I'm glad you cancelled, I have a date anyway!  And don't call me that!"  I was taken aback by his response.  I wasn't sure why he was yelling at me, my feelings were also hurt.  I told myself I was just sad that he yelled at me, but I couldn't deny that I was disappointed when he refused my nickname.  I also felt a pang in my chest when he said that he had a date.

"O-oh," I replied shakily, "Well have fun on your date then!  Okay I gotta go."   Then I quickly ended the call I wasn't sure why, but I felt tears welling in my eyes.  I brushed them away quickly and continued to walk to class.

 

Kyuhyun's POV

Aw, !  Why did I do that?  I stared at the phone in my hands and had to stop myself from chucking it on the floor.  I was seriously frustrated, and felt the need to puch something.  I couldn't quite sort out my feelings.  On one hand I felt guilty for yelling at her, she reallt hadn't done anything wrong yet I had scolded her and screamed at her.  But I was also pissed, every time I thought about Ryeowook and Yesung hanging out my blood began to boil.  I was also a little angry at her because she seemed so happy when I lied and told her that I had a date.  What was I expecting?  Her to tell me not to go?

I was just so confused and it was infuriating.  I liked life to be like math, clear, logical, and with an obvious answer.  But why couldn't I find the answer?  Everything was all jumbled, with emotions blurring my world of black and white.  Usually the correct course of action was easily determined, but now shades of grey fuzzed the lines between black and white, right and wrong.  What the heel was wrong with me?

As I desperatley tried to organize and sort my swirling emotions, I found myself grinnig slightly.  I remembered how she had given me a nickname, and I felt strangely warmed and satisfied by this fact.  I paused, suprised how it seemed to take the edge off the constant ache of my heart.  Then I remembered how I had snapped at her, telling her not to call me that anymore.  My thoughts and emotions once again began flailing around, as guilt and shame washed over me.

God, why was this happening to me?  All I wanted was to return to my frozen self, the one that had been protected, hidden by heaps of school work, and masked by a caustic personality.  But I found that the cold emotionless me was no longer there, he had somehow dissipated without my realization.

I panicked as all the past emotions of loss and pain and rejection came rushig back to me.  Without my protective armor, the past memories attacked, ripping holes in my exposed soul.  I ran.  I just ran, away from all the memories, from all the confusing and hurtful emotions.  I didn't care where I was going, all I cared about was getting away from the pain. 

I felt the tears begin to fall, coating my cheeks with their salty residue.  I didn't care anymore, I just wanted it to stop.  I would do anything to return to my numb state, anything...


Happy Valentines Day everyone!

Or as I like to say Happy Singles Awareness Day!

whatevea being single roxs!

anyway thx for reading!

I'm thinking some Kyuwook drama for next chap...