Shinin'

U&I

While the daylight hours had been spent driving around Jonghyun’s new town, they headed home soon after sunset. The night before had been spent softly, quietly enjoying each others presence; nothing but hand holding, cuddling close, and as many chaste kisses as they could fit between sentences. Tonight is Minho’s last visiting night though, and they’re both eager to make the most of it. One thing that Jonghyun likes about his new place is that – unlike at Minho’s apartment and their old apartment before that – he’s allowed to have candles. He had taken time to light as many as he could while Minho finished making sure all of his things were packed. As they lay side by side, chests heaving as they rest inbetween rounds, he’s glad that he did.

“Don’t look at me like that,” Minho whispers, getting shy.

He tries to pull the blanket over himself, but Jonghyun pulls it away.

“Why shouldn’t I look? Are you going to disappear on me?”

“No, I’m just sweaty and gross.”

“All those soccer games I went to for you and you don’t want me to see you sweaty?”

Minho laughs and laces his fingers with Jonghyun’s.

“It’s been a while, I guess I’m just shy.”

“There’s no need to be shy, honey.”

Minho hums, burying his face into the crook of Jonghyun’s neck. He runs his fingers up Minho’s arm, taking in and falling in love with the way Minho’s bronze skin glistens.

“Between the sweat and the candlelight, you look like you’re shining, like honey in sunlight. Like when you used to get those morning light halos when your hair was blonde.”

Minho pulls away, blushing again. “You liked my blonde hair a lot, didn’t you?”

“It was so pretty. But you’re always my pretty boy.” Jonghyun whispers, running fingers through Minho’s now black hair.

They both reach forward, mixing up kisses and ‘I love you’s and soft touches until they’re both breathless again.

“You ready?”