Maybe Tomorrow

U&I

 

Jonghyun’s arms are unusually empty when he wakes up. He barely opens his eyes, patting around trying to feel how far Minho’s rolled away.

“Good morning, baby.” comes Minho’s voice.

Jonghyun blinks a few times, trying to get his eyes to adjust to the light so he can see where Minho is. It’s not often that Minho wakes up first, rarer still that he properly gets out of bed first. When his vision finally cooperates he sees Minho leaning in the bathroom doorway. He’s fully dressed with a fond smile.

“Why are you up so early, honey? It’s your day off.” Jonghyun groans, reaching a hand out in Minho’s direction.

Minho sits down on his side of the bed. He takes Jonghyun’s hand but doesn’t move to get into bed again.

“I had a dream that I was still working at the gas station and I guess my body went back into that habit so I woke up at 4am. I tried to go back to sleep but my back was hurting too much so at quarter to 6 I just went ahead and got up so you could sleep.”

“I don’t like sleeping without you.”

“You slept just fine when I got out of bed. And when I came in to tell you I was going for a run. And when I came in to take a shower. And when I told you I was going to make pancakes. And-”

“I get the picture, honey.”

Minho chuckles, reaching over to brush hair out of Jonghyun’s eyes.

“So what are we doing today, baby?”

All Jonghyun can manage is a groan.

“Aren’t we supposed to go to that special market today?” Minho offers.

“Yeah, but it’s here all weekend.”

“So that’s a no for it today?”

“Yeah. Maybe tomorrow.”

“So what are we going to do today?”

“I don’t know, I might be able to brainstorm better if you’d hold me?”