Love Is So Nice

U&I

Classes are cancelled because of bad weather and Minho’s stuck in Jonghyun’s dorm building. Though it’s the week before finals and they should be using that time to study for their exams, the only thing they can bear to study is each other. It’s been six months now, since their first proper date, since their first ‘I love you’s. It’s getting more comfortable now, each feeling more confident of themselves within the relationship. Jonghyun’s bed is small, almost too small, but as long as they lay close together on their sides or one (Jonghyun) lays on the other (Minho) it’s big enough for now. They lay there, Jonghyun listening to Minho’s heartbeat slowly creep back down to a normal rate. He moves so his chin is resting on Minho’s chest and can’t help but smile at the dreamy expression on Minho’s face. Minho’s eyes are half closed, smile playing at his lips,  thoughts obviously far away. Jonghyun taps on his cheek to get his attention.

“What are you thinkin’ about?” he whispers.

It takes a few minutes for Minho to answer. When he does, his voice is low with sleepiness.

“Love is so nice.”

Jonghyun laughs softly. “Love or ?”

“Both, I guess.”

“You guess?”

“I won’t lie, is nice and I like it and all that, but I could live without it. If you didn’t want to, or something happened and we couldn’t, or anything. But this...” he explains, reaching for Jonghyun’s hand to lace their fingers together. “Having support at the end of the day, being able to call somebody who doesn’t mind listening to whatever silly thing I want to say, the comfort of being held close just for the sake of it. It’s so nice and I don’t want it have to live without it.”

Jonghyun smiles and reaches up to kiss him.

“I agree. I hope I get to love you forever.’