Aurora

U&I

 

“We should go see that someday.” Minho says in between fistfuls of popcorn.

They’re watching a nature documentary on life above the Arctic circle; Minho has a paper due on the topic in a week’s time and Jonghyun’s trying to help him get started early on it.

“See what, honey?”

“The aurora.”

Jonghyun wouldn’t mind that. A trip north, to see something so beautiful. He has one mild concern though.

“How are we going to go see the aurora if you get too cold when we go to the movie theater?”

It’s quiet for a minute while they watch a sequence on an arctic fox trying to hunt. Minho’s a lot more enraptured by the film than either of them thought he would be. Jonghyun tries again.

“You step foot in the grocery store -- not even in the refrigerated section -- and you’re begging me for a jacket how are we supposed to go to the Arctic Circle?”

“I don’t get that cold...”

“Honey, I can’t turn the air conditioning all the way up in the car even in summer because you get too cold.”

Silence, again.

“Minho, I love you, but you could get cold sitting in the shade with a mild breeze in the middle of August on the equator.”

When Minho doesn’t answer, Jonghyun gives up. There’s some sort of caribou event going on and he can tell by Minho’s expression that any talking will be lost. He cuddles up to Minho’s side again and they continue watching. Minho finally comments when the credits start rolling, pulling Jonghyun onto his lap.

“I’ll be ok, I’ll have my love to keep me warm.”