Elevator

U&I

Jonghyun thinks he has an idea of what’s in store for him when they get back to his dorm room, with the way Minho’s clinging to his hand and his side. The concert was fun, much more fun that he was expecting, and they’re both high off the evening and secondhand fumes. They make it into the building alright and stumble their way into the elevator. Jonghyun lives on the top floor, so they have eight floors to go. Once the door closes, Minho tries to kiss him, but Jonghyun pushes him back.

“Not yet. There’s cameras in here and the last thing we need is charges of being indecent in the elevator.” he whispers.

Minho whines and moves to the opposite wall. They stare at each other, each making unspoken promises. The elevator stops and they look up to see the floor. It’s only the second. Three people walk in, push the elevator for the third floor. They talk about some project they have to do and the noise seems to bother Minho. They get out on the third floor, two more people coming into replace them. They talk about the same project, hitting the button for the fifth floor. They stop again on the fourth floor, two more people coming in. Jonghyun’s view of Minho is starting to get obstructed by people and they both scoot as close to the door as the can to keep their eye contact going. Two people get off at the fifth floor, replaced by just one person going to the seventh floor. They stop at the sixth floor and two people get out. The atmosphere is odd and tense and if the one other passenger had just gotten out or taken the stairs it would be alright. They reach the seventh floor and think that finally, they’ll be alone again, but just before the door shuts, eight people pack inside. Jonghyun can’t see Minho at all, can’t call out to him with how loud they are. The time from the seventh floor to the eighth feels the same as the time from the first to the seventh. When the doors finally open, Minho and Jonghyun rush out amidst cries of “why did we get in an up elevator!” Jonghyun’s room is thankfully the closest to the elevator and they’re inside in moments. Jonghyun walks in, turning on lights and music. Minho shuts the door and leans back on it, still seemingly overwhelmed.

“You alright?” Jonghyun asks, putting his phone on the charger.

Minho nods and reaches a hand out for him. He takes it and finds himself pulled into Minho’s arms. They kiss and after a bit, Jonghyun pulls back for a breath.

“Are you okay? I know you don’t like tight spaces like that.”

“I’m getting better, but I’ve been staring at your lips too long to let that stop me. I swear that was the longest elevator ride of my life.”