Blinking Game

U&I

A/N: This is after they've been living together for a few years.

 

Minho comes home at 2:34pm. He’s been away for so long, too long, on a business trip. Jonghyun had wanted to greet him at the door, but a weeks worth of nervousness about flights and recovering from a bad case of stomach flu made him more than a little tired.

“Honey, I’m home.” Minho calls out.

“I’m in here, baby, in bed.” Jonghyun manages to call back.

It takes a minute, but Minho eventually makes his way back to their bedroom. Though it’s clear that he’s more than exhausted, he smiles when their eyes meet. He puts his suitcase down and starts changing out of his work clothes.

“How was your last flight?” Jonghyun asks.

“Bumpy. It was worse than the one last night.” Minho says from the closet where he’s hanging up his suit jacket.

“That’s no good, baby.”

“Nope. But I’m home now, so it’s okay.”

Minho finishes changing into pajamas and falls onto their bed. He’s far – too far – from Jonghyun but neither seems to have the energy to move closer. They simply lay there, staring longingly at each other.

“You know, I had a whole list of things I wanted to do with and to you when you got home.” Jonghyun whispers with a sigh.

“Yeah? I did too.”

Jonghyun finds the strength to reach his hand out towards Minho and after a minute, Minho moves his own so that they’re holding hands. It’s still not enough, but it’s something.

“I want to kiss you, but you’re so far away.” Minho laments.

“That’s your fault for laying down without coming close.”

“Everytime I blink, just imagine I’m kissing you.”

“That’s a lot of kisses.”

“It is, and yet its still not enough to accurately show the number of times I actually want to kiss you.”

Jonghyun laughs softly. “I guess you’ll just have to imagine me kissing you back every time I blink then.”

Minho beams. They lay in silence a while longer. Minho starts winking at Jonghyun and in turn Jonghyun winks back. They’re both battling to stay awake, enjoying their blinking game too much to sleep.

“You can sleep if you want, baby. I know you must be tired.” Jonghyun whispers after a particularly big yawn of Minho’s.

“Are you going to sleep?”

“No, I’m too nervous to sleep.”

“Why are you nervous, honey?”

“You’ve been gone so long I’m worried that I’m just imagining you and that when I wake up, you’ll still be away.”

“I’m worried too. That I’ll wake up in my hotel room alone.”

“I missed having you home, baby.”

Finally, Minho seems to find the strength to pull himself up. He crawls over to Jonghyun, nestling his face in the crook of his neck. Once he settles, Jonghyun wraps his arms around him.

“I love you, I missed you, I love you.” Minho says.

“I love you too, baby.”

“The only problem with laying like this is I can’t see when you’re blinking to know when you want to kiss me.”

Jonghyun laughs and presses kisses to Minho’s forehead. “You’re in my arms now, I’ll just kiss you when I want to.”

Minho hums and after a few more kisses, they’re both content and asleep.