I'm Sorry

U&I

 

They sit in the car. Jonghyun turns the air conditioning on but leaves the car in park, letting them sit in the parking lot a bit longer.

“I’m sorry.” Minho says after a while, still clinging to Jonghyun’s hand.

“It’s fine, honey, I swear.”

“It was just so loud and crowded I couldn’t handle it I’m sorry.”

“Minho, it’s alright. You got overstimulated, it’s fine. It’s going to happen, it’s alright. It’s not like the club is going to go anywhere.”

There’s a pause and Minho looks like he’s going to cry again.

“Honey I promise I’m not upset. It’s absolutely fine.”

“If you want to take me home and drop me off and come back I understand.”

“It’s date night, I wouldn’t leave you like that on date night.”

“I know, but you were having such a good time and I ruined it.”

“You didn’t ruin anything, honey. And even if you had ruined it, I’ve ruined plenty of dates for you so it’d just even the score.”

Minho doesn’t say anything, tears starting to spill over.

“Let’s go home, honey. I was starting to get a headache anyway.”

Minho looks like he’s going to say something but doesn’t, so Jonghyun puts the car in drive and they go home. He lets Minho shower first, pulls a few movies out as options for when he’s done. After he’s done with his own shower, he comes out to see Minho wrapped in a blanket, cradling his teddy bear --the one Jonghyun had won for him at the carnival -- in his arms. Jonghyun cuddles up next to him, wrapping an arm around his shoulders.

“Should we watch a movie or would you rather go to bed?”

“I think...I think just going to bed would be better but we can watch a movie if it’ll make you happier.”

“No, going to bed is good. You looked wiped out, I don’t want you to be too tired at work tomorrow.”

“I’m sorry for ruining date night.”

Jonghyun sighs, kisses Minho’s nose.

“I’m sorry that you feel like you have to be sorry for that.”

When Minho doesn’t say anything, Jonghyun reaches over and turns the overhead light off.

“Lets go to bed, honey. We’ll have more date nights, don’t worry about this one.”