Suit Up & Dress Up

U&I

 

These are posted as one chapter because although they're two song drabbles they fit as a pair. 

-Suit Up-

“I can’t believe Luna talked you into this.”

Jonghyun watches Minho search through the two rows of racks filled with suits of various sizes.

“What do you mean?”

“It just...seems childish.”

Minho pauses his search and turns to face Jonghyun. His eyebrows are raised in disbelief, head tilted, laugh playing at his lips.

“Baby. Yesterday we bought a Mickey Mouse waffle iron.”

“So?”

“I don’t understand why you’re surprised that I’m being quote ‘childish.’”

“I just-”

He’s interrupted by Luna’s entrance into the dressing room.

“How’s the search going Choi?”

“I’m having a little trouble finding pants in my size but that’s not unusual.”

She laughs.

“Well, don’t forget you want them to be a bit big.”

“Oh, I’m fine finding them that way. They’re all just a little short is all.”

“Just do your best, I guess. I’ll be back in a few minutes to make sure you’re ready and so you can sign your release forms.”

“Got it. Thanks for checking in.”

They wait til she’s left the room and the doors closed to resume their conversation.

“It just seems sillier than normal, to me, I guess.”

“I mean, it’s for a good cause, baby.”

“I know, I just...”

“While you wait to figure out what specifically it is that’s got you all out of sorts about this will you help me pants that might actually be more than capri’s on me?”

Jonghyun laughs and moves to the rack full of pants as Minho switches his attention to the rack full of jackets.

“I guess that’s the bad part of being tall, huh?”

“No, constantly being asked to get stuff for people off of tall shelves is the most annoying part of being tall. This is only annoying half the year.”

They both go back to searching. Minho pulls a jacket off the rack soon after with a triumphant “aha!”

“I guess you’re going to be pantsless.” Jonghyun teases.

After a knock on the door Luna reappears with pants in her hand.

“Lucky for you, I found a long pair! Now suit up! No need to fill out forms, since you’re already a volunteer here.”

She disappears just as quickly and Minho sets about starting to change. Jonghyun holds the suit and hands him the pieces, arranging his normal clothes neatly on the seat in the corner.

“So obviously I’m not finished getting ready but how do I look?”

“Well, I never thought a red velvet suit would suit you so much but yet here I am, amazed by this incredibly handsome Santa.”

Minho reaches forward, ruffling Jonghyun’s hair with a laugh.

“You’re such a liar.”

“I am, I was always afraid of Santa as a kid. But you’re very good with children and you don’t smell like beer or cheese so I’m sure you’ll do a great job.”

Minho beams and starts lacing his boots.

“Just wait until I get my beard.”


 

-Dress Up-

“I can’t believe Minho talked you into this.” Luna says, trying to stifle her laugh.

“These rosy cheeks are from anger, I assure you.” Jonghyun says as he sits in the makeup chair.

Luna keeps applying stage makeup; it’s not a lot of makeup, just enough to make him look jolly. Amber appears from the hallway.

“What’s your stage name going to be?” She asks. It’s clear she’s trying her hardest not to laugh so Jonghyun lets it go.

“I didn’t figure anyone would be that ecstatic to see me, not when Minho Claus is on his throne.”

Luna hums in thought and Jonghyun takes a second to examine his appearance in the mirror. The green velvet jacket is doing him no favors. Neither is the pointy hat nor the fake ears. But at least he doesn’t have to wear a beard.

“I think Jingle-Jjongle would be a wonderful elf name for you.”

Both Amber and Jonghyun groan at Luna’s suggestion.

“So what does it take for someone to convince the Great Christmas Grinch Kim Jonghyun to dress up as a Christmas Elf?”  Amber asks before Luna can come up with another pun

“Apparently just puppy eyes. At least that’s what Minho Claus claimed this morning.” Luna offers.

“Ha ha ha,” Jonghyun scoffs. “I get breakfast in bed for a week for this.”

“That’s it?” Luna asks incredulously.

“For real man, you should’ve milked that for all it was worth.” Amber says, shaking her head.

As they leave and Jonghyun laces up his booties -- being annoyed by their curly pointed toe -- he tries to remember the sweet earnest face Minho used to ask this of him. He’s going to have to practice that face in the future.