I'm So Curious

U&I

 

If the bright lights and loud music don’t have Jonghyun entranced, Minho’s smile does. They’ve found an empty corner to sit in, shoving a forgotten ottoman against the wall so they have somewhere to sit with less chance to get vomited on. They’ve been talking for an hour now. He’s trying hard to listen to the story that Minho’s telling him -- it must be funny with the way he keeps pausing to laugh -- but can’t seem to focus on the words. He’s far to lost watching the way his mouth moves: the way he his lips every few words, the way both lips look exactly the same, the dimples that appear when he laughs.

“Jonghyun, are you listening to me?”

“Hm? Oh, yeah, sorry.”

Minho smiles fondly and Jonghyun feels himself getting lost again.

“What are you thinking about, Jonghyun?”

“I’m so curious.”

“Curious? About what?”

“What it would feel like if I kissed your lips?”

The words fall out of Jonghyun’s mouth before he can stop himself and once they’re out he covers his mouth in embarrassment. Minho smiles again, laughing a little, cheeks dusted pink.

“You can try it if you want, if you’re so curious.”

Though he’s been given permission, Jonghyun almost loses his nerve at the comment. He gingerly brings his hand up to rest under Minho’s chin, running his thumb over Minho’s bottom lip. As he stares, minho kisses his thumb and in that moment it’s all over. Jonghyun reaches up and kisses him once, twice, too many times. After a minute, Minho pulls back.

“And how is it?” he asks, smile playing at his lips.

“I don’t know, let me try it again.”

*

Another hour later, Minho and Jonghyun are still making out on their ottoman. Someone walks up and taps on Jonghyun’s shoulder. As he pulls away, he realizes that he’s somehow ended up sitting on Minho’s lap. It’s the girl from the tattoo shop -- Amber.  

“I hate to ruin your fun, but I have to retrieve Minho now.” she says, trying not to laugh.

“Oh, yeah, sorry.” Jonghyun says, slipping off his lap.

Minho’s still trying for kisses and it makes Jonghyun’s heart flutter. He pulls away and glances at Amber and Jonghyun reaches into the pockets of his jacket. He grabs Minho’s hand before he can stand.

“Here, here’s my number. Text me, if you want.”

Minho nods, assuring Jonghyun that he will as Amber starts pulling him away by the collar of his jacket.

*

Jonghyun makes his way home soon after Minho leaves the party. He’s got a few messages on his phone when he gets out of the shower.

 

[Unknown]: this is Minho, from the party

[Unknown]: i made it home ok

[Unknown]: let me know when you do too

Jonghyun: im home and i just got out of the shower

Minho: ok ^^
Minho: So how was it?

Jonghyun: My shower? Fine

Minho: no lol
Minho: kissing me

Jonghyun: OH
Jonghyun: nice. very nice.

Minho: it was nice kissing you too ;)

Jonghyun: i know we just met
Jonghyun: but would you like to meet up for coffee sometime