Beautiful Tonight

U&I

It’s been a long time since they’ve been able to sit up on the roof like this. With Jonghyun’s early wake time and Minho’s late working hours, time spent awake together at night is a rare and precious commodity. They’re both laying on their backs, Jonghyun pointing out every constellation he can think of. Minho’s holding his hand, rubbing little circles into the back of his hand with his thumb. After a while, Jonghyun runs out of constellations and clouds threaten their view.

“The stars are really beautiful tonight.” Minho says after a few moments of silence.

“Yeah, they are. Hopefully those clouds don’t come any closer.”

“You know what else is beautiful?”

“The moon?”

Minho laughs softly and brings Jonghyun’s hand up to his lips. “Well yeah, the moon is pretty. Especially since it’s so full today. But that’s not what I was going for.”

“Oh. The weather?”

“The weather too, but there’s something else.”

“What?”

“You, baby.”

“Oh. OH.”

It’s dark out but Minho can still see the blush on Jonghyun’s cheeks when they turn to look at each other.

“You big softie.” Jonghyun teases.

Minho laughs softly and Jonghyun reaches for a kiss.

“I’m always a softie. That’s why you love me.”

“True. I should’ve known, I can always count on you to be romantic in the moonlight.”

“At least I didn’t sing ‘That’s Amore’ this time when you mentioned the moon. I mean we even had pizza for dinner it would’ve been perfect.”