Young & Rich

U&I

“Can you imagine if we were young and rich?”

Jonghyun looks down at Minho, who’s resting his head in his lap.

“Honey, we’re still young. 22 and 23 isn’t old by any means.”

“Okay I’ll rephrase. Can you imagine if we were rich?”

Jonghyun looks away, feigning hurt. “And here I though our lives were rich with love!”

Minho sighs and pouts and Jonghyun can’t help but laugh.

“I’ll rephrase again! Can you imagine if we were monetarily rich! If we didn’t have to worry about our bills and student debt!”

“We wouldn’t be the same people if we were rich though.”

“Baby, you know I’m not in the mood for ‘experience makes you a kind person’ stuff.”

“We may not have met if we were rich, though.”

“If we were both rich, we probably would’ve still met. Still probably would’ve met at a party where you conveniently fall into my arms so we could sneak off to make out somewhere until my friends interrupt.”

“What if only one of us were rich?”

Minho pursues his lips in thought and Jonghyun waits for his response.

“Well if I were rich, we probably would’ve met when you still worked at the grocery store and would’ve checked you out while you were checking me out and I’d conveniently stop by every day to buy gum or something silly like that until I worked up the nerve to ask you when you get off of work.”

Jonghyun can’t help but laugh. That would be a very Minho thing to do. “And if I were rich?”

“We would’ve met when I was still working for my uncle’s lawn care business, at which point you’d hire me to be your gardener or poolboy so you could sit on your porch and stare at my every day.”

“What ?”

“My , the one you stare at every morning when I’m getting ready and think I can’t see you in the mirror.”

“Honey you have like no . You have like 3% of an . Maybe. At most.”

“I’ve got more of an than you do.”

“Yeah well your is going to be late for work if you don’t get dressed here soon.”

Minho glances at his watch and Jonghyun laughs as he runs to their room, a string of curses flying out of his mouth.