Only One You Need

U&I

“Am I enough?”

Minho’s question catches Jonghyun off-guard, as do his tear stained cheeks.

“What? What do you mean?”

“For you.”

“What about me?”

“Am I enough for you?”

“What do you mean? Of course you’re enough for me.”

Minho bites back tears, words, and some unspoken fear that he’s seemingly loathe to share with Jonghyun.

“Am I...am I the only one you need?”

A silence falls as Jonghyun tries to formulate a response. The drier his mouth gets, the wetter Minho’s eyes become. What could Minho be referring to? There had been no one that he’d been spending an unusual amount of time with, no secretive movements, nothing of the sort.

“Minho, you’re the only one I want. Where...where is this coming from?”

For a moment, Minho turns away from him. He looks out the window and for a moment Jonghyun’s enraptured in the way Minho’s cheekbones glow in the light of someone’s red taillights flowing through the glass.

“When was the last time you called me honey?”

When their eyes meet again, the tender feeling slips away. Jonghyun’s never seen anger in Minho’s eyes; the look now isn’t it either, but there’s definite pain in them and he doesn’t have to ask to know it’s because of him.

“I called you yesterday, to ask what flavor of-”

“No, not when did you last call me. When did you last call me the name honey.”

Silence falls again, but this time, it’s suffocating.