Red

U&I

 

The drive home is taking far too long. It’s only supposed to be a 10 minute drive, only supposed to be a few miles home. But there’s too many lights, too many red lights, and 10 minutes is quickly turning into 20. If it had been a heavy traffic hour, they could’ve excused it but it’s 11:30 pm and there’s no one but them on the road. After the fourth light, Minho takes a hand off the wheel and reaches over to hold Jonghyun’s. Jonghyun expects him to let go when the light turns green, but he doesn’t.

“Honey, shouldn’t you keep your hands on the wheel?”

“Probably. But I need you.”

Jonghyun blushes at the inevitable next light when Minho pulls his hand up towards his lips. He presses as many kisses to it as he can before the light turns green.

“Honey...”

“Hmm?”

Another red light and more hand kisses, this time traveling down from the back of his hand down his wrist.

“Jeez, how many more lights can there be?”

“There’s four more intersections til our neighborhood.”

Jonghyun groans. “We’re never going to make it home, baby.”

He anticipates more hand kisses at the next light and is taken surprise when he feels Minho’s hand travel from his arm to his chin, turning his head. When he feels minho’s lips on his his, he closes his eyes. All too soon Minho’s pulling away.

“Hey, that’s not fair.”

“It’s a long light, and there’s still too far to go. I needed you.”

Another light, another kiss. They almost miss the last light because Jonghyun won’t let go. When they get home, they don’t even bother turning on the lights.