Deja Boo

U&I

Though he’s initially uninterested in the party, Jonghyun’s glad he came. It’s being thrown by the friend of a friend, a sort of costumeless but still heavily decorated Halloween party. An hour or so into the party, he notices a somehow familiar face in the corner of the living room. It’s a man, a very handsome and tall man, and something about him pulls Jonghyun closer. He seems to recognize Jonghyun and waves shyly at him.

“Haven’t I seen you before?” Jonghyun asks when he finally makes his way over, squinting to try and study the tall man’s face.

“Yeah. I was at the tattoo shop. You were getting something on your arm, with Yoshi. I was there with my friend Amber. She was getting work done on her sleeve by Kalin. We were sitting next to you.” he explains with a smile.

The moment it’s explained, it clicks for Jonghyun. He think backs to three weeks ago and remembers the tall man’s face; remembers the shorthaired girl getting music notes on her arm; remembers the way he tripped over tubing, right into tall man’s arms.

“You’re the one that caught me right? When I was trying to stand up to leave?”

“Yup. That was me. Your name is Jonghyun, right?”

“Yeah, I’m Jonghyun. What’s your name?”

“Minho.”

“Nice to properly meet you, Minho.”

“Same. How’s your arm healing?”

Jonghyun turns to show him his arm. It’s mostly healed now, the ‘INSPIRATION’ properly readable now that most of the peeling has gone away.

“That’s really nice.”

“Do you have any tattoos, Minho?”

He laughs. “No, I’m too wimpy for that. I just went to support Amber. She doesn’t like to drive after she gets work done and I was curious to see how it goes.”

“Ahh. It’s really not that bad, though I’m sure she’s told you that.”

Before Minho can answer, Jonghyun hears his name being called. He turns to see his roommate waving to him and goes to check that everything’s ok. When he walks back, Jonghyun almost trips over a power cord. He falls, once again, right into Minho’s arm.

“Well if this isn’t almost dejavu.” he says with a laugh. “Or rather, since it’s Halloween, deja-boo.”