-9-

Earning Your Wings

 

Being the CEO was stressful and Eunmi was constantly busy. She was informed that there was an upcoming party where she would have to announce that she was the current standing CEO.

It didn’t seem right, with her father still being in the hospital but that’s corporate world. A machine that continues without a hitch no matter what the circumstances were.

She was in her office finalizing the list as her secretary entered with Lisa.

Eunmi dismissed her secretary and hugged Lisa, “ you’re back from your European pow wow? Oh yeah. Here. They’re making me have a debut party"

“Yeah. I just finished a show in Milan and I’m back for a couple of days before I have to go back to help with another show but I’ll be there Mimi~"

Eunmi scrunched her nose up but plopped on the couch

“So tell me Mi.. The witch..why is she still here?"

Typical Lisa. She refused to acknowledge Taeyong’s girlfriend and nicknamed her the Wicked Witch of the West.

“Lala, you can’t call her that..a-and he seems to really love her."

“But it’s not right!"

“She’s right you know," They were joined by Johnny who plopped himself next to Eunmi.

“What are you talking about giant?"

Johnny continued as he took a sip of his tea, “well, there’s just something off about her and you should have seen her the other day. She was being totally rude to the wait staff like she owned the place"

Lisa nodded in agreement as she whined, “we’re also upset that you haven’t being showing your face to our lunches~"

“Guys.. you know I’ve been busy.."

Johnny rolled his eyes, “yeah, yeah. Lai Empires. But honey, at least see us every once in awhile. It’s been like 3 days!"

“Yeah. join us for lunch today, you’re secretary said you didn’t have a schedule until 3"

“Fine.”

 

 

The three walked in and were greeted with Jaehyun’s smile of relief. Taeyong and Kyungri had gotten there first and all Kyungri did was stare at him while Taeyong browsed through his phone.

Taeyong got up and greeted Eunmi with a kiss as she sat in between Lisa and Jaehyun.

When Kyungri saw Eunmi, her nose scrunched up before her face placated and a fake smile was plastered, “Eunmi.. Nice to see you..alive"

The latter nodded her head

“Glad we can see your pretty face Mimi"

Eunmi chuckled at Jaehyun as he had a serene look to him.

“Ten?"

“He’s in Tokyo for work, ” Taeyong said as he looked at the girl, “ have you been sleeping Mi?” he reached out to touch the bags under her eyes and she briefly pulled away

Eunmi caught a glimpse of Kyungri who made a face, “just a bit. There’s some discrepancies I need to clarify."

Taeyong nodded, Eunmi usually never pulled away from him which shocked him a bit but he brushed it off.

“A-actually, I need to get back to the office. I just wanted to stop by and tell you guys that my secretary will be handing out invitations to you all..”

And in a brief moment Eunmi held out her hands to johnny, who reluctantly gave her his keys.

Just like that, Eunmi was gone in a brief second, just as she had showed up. Taeyong let out a sigh as he watched the Audi zoom away, which didn’t go unnoticed by Kyungri who curled a fist in her lap.

 

Eunmi didn’t know what she was thinking as she was speeding. She wasn’t needed at the office, she made up that lie to escape that awkward feeling she was having when she saw Taeyong and Kyungri.

"What’s going on with me...I seriously need some sleep..."