-6-

Earning Your Wings

 

Eunmi was now in a pair of terry shorts and a long sleeve sweater as she was cooking breakfast.

Guanlin lazily came down and plopped himself on the seat across her. It was a bit surreal to see his sister at home.

Johnny walked in the home and kissed Eunmi on the cheek before tapping Guanlin on the head

"Hyung~"

Johnny snickered at the youngest before sitting down next to him. Eunmi raised a brow at the male before placing the pancakes on three separate plates.

Just as they were starting to eat, Taeyong strolled in and placed a mug of hot coffee in front of Eunmi and took the bite of the pancake that she was about to eat.

Guanlin and Johnny smirked at each other at the exchange. Typical Taeyong and Eunmi. Everyone knew by now that the two were inseparable.

 

After changing, Eunmi went with Taeyong to see her father. He was still confined and unconscious in the hospital and it ate at Eunmi’s heart when she thought about what was happening.

Taeyong’s phone buzzed and he saw Kyungri’s name pop up. His brows furrowed briefly before he ignored the call and placed his hand on Eunmi’s back.

The girl glanced at her father before giving a small smile and kissing his forehead.

"Aboji~ thank you for letting me be free for a short while..but it’s time I did you right and maintain the Lai empire."

Eunmi closed the door lightly before speaking with the nurses and the guards.

They walked out of the hospital and Taeyong opened the door to his Aventador,  “I’ll take you to the company. Secretary noh has the documents ready for you mi"

***************************************

As news of the eldest child of Lai Empire was heard over all of South Korea. The media was hoarding around the company, waiting to catch a glimpse of her.

"Young miss~ is it true that your father is confined now?"

"What’s going to happen to the company?"

"Are you finally taking over?"

As the media was pressing her for answers. Taeyong had a protective arm around her and led her inside the building where dozens of employees greeted her with a bow.

Secretary Noh ran up to the girl and escorted her to the meeting room where the emergency meeting was being held, "apologies for not meeting you downstairs young miss.

"Don't worry about it Secretary Noh, I'm here now." Eunmi had her signature poker face on as she was in front of the board.

Luckily there were familiar faces to greet her. She nodded at her friends briefly before addressing the remaining board of directors,"As you know, my father’s health is not the greatest and as of now, effective immediately I will be taking over as CEO of Lai Empires, please take care of me while I'm in your care.

Eunmi rose from her bow with a smile as the board clapped for her.

Although she was young she was her father’s daughter. The board was a bit weary but they trusted Eunmi to step up.

 

 

After the meeting, the directors excused themselves and Eunmi went up to her office on the top floor, followed by the boys.

Jaehyun and Johnny plopped themselves on the couch as Ten went to the fridge for some water. Taeyong leaned on the front of the desk as Eunmi looked out of her long windows at the landscape of Seoul.

Jaehyun decided to speak up first, "looks like you’re really stuck with us now mi~"

As Johnny and Ten grinned at her. Eunmi chuckled at the group before going up to Taeyong who opened up his arms for Eunmi.

Sighing the girl closed her eyes briefly, "it just seems so surreal. Just the other day I was out at Laguna Beach catching some waves..."

"And now you’re in Seoul on the 100th floor of your family's building and active CEO?," Taeyong finished as he looked at the girl with a raised brow.

She got up from Taeyong arms as she went to the couch and plopped herself on top of Johnny and Jaehyun’s legs

"Can we eat now? Adulting is so meh"

Ten lightly chuckled, "that’s our mimi~"