-21-

Earning Your Wings

 

 

A jet black BMW i8 pulled up to the lad who had just arrived back from Hong Kong.

His brows rose at the stunning car.

“Get in loser”

Snorting a bit, the lad got in the car, “nice to see you too Mi. Jackson says hi by the way”

“Glad to have you back Tuan, hopefully I’ll get to see Wang pabo soon”

Mark was finally back and Eunmi sighed in relief as she hugged him and he kissed her cheek.

“I guess soon is now!”

Eunmi turned to the lad who knocked on her window with a bright goofy smile.

The girl turned to her left and gave him a cheeky smile before getting out of the car and engulfing him in a hug.

“Looks like the team is back!”

Mark shook his head at the duo, “smells like trouble”

 

Jackson was now in the backseat of the i8, explaining a short story of Mark’s second day in Hong Kong and how some girls followed him to the bathroom.

Mark was to her right, checking his messages until a ping came.

“So..are we going to Johnny’s thing? Jae just sent me a message”

Both Jackson and Mark looked to the girl as she winced.

She had promised Jaehyun that she would go.

“Maybe that witch girl won’t be there Mimi”

Sighing, Eunmi combed her hair with her fingers before shifting gears, “it’s not likely..she follows Tae wherever he goes..”

“Why don’t you tell him? Then the problem would be solved!”

“I agree with Jackson, you need to tell him Mi..”

“It’s not that easy..he’s not going to break off a relationship for me.. Besides he only sees me as a friend”

Mark and Jackson exchanged looks and rolled their eyes.

If Taeyong was blind, Eunmi was equally blind to how TY doted on her and their friends and other people could see the stark difference.

“You can’t just hold these feelings forever Mi..”

“What am I going to say to him? Hey TY, I just wanted to let you know I’ve been in love with you since grade 1.. That’s just so cliche..”

“But Mimi, you can’t help it if you love him!”

“We are not discussing this now Wang.”

Jackson closed his mouth in a thin line.

Mark looked at him equally frustrated at the duo.


 

The trio arrived at the Jung residence, shortly after taking Mark and Jackson to her loft.

Everyone was there, including Taeyong and Kyungri.

At the sight of the newcomers, Kyungri’s eyes glistened with intrigue.

Jackson went up to Johnny, proceeding in giving him a bro hug while Mark and Eunmi greeted Jaehyun, Ten, Guan Lin and Lisa.

Giving Taeyong and Kyungri a subtle nod.

 

 

Taeyong was manning the grill, while Kyungri was sitting on the patio sofa chatting with Ten and Johnny, sipping some wine.

Eunmi was with Jaehyun in the kitchen.

The girl brought out a plate of kabobs so that Taeyong could start grilling.

She bit her lip slightly as she placed the plate down on his left.

Before she could slip away he grabbed her hand and gave her a look of longing, “Mi..”

Eunmi shook her head and gave a slight smile to him, “I-It’s Johnny’s birthday..we should be celebrating”

TY nodded his head in understanding.

She didn’t want to talk about their fight in front of their friends.

He watched as she went to Jackson who was joking around and sat next to her brother.

Guan lin looked at the girl as she placed her head on his shoulder and patted her back.

 

The group was eating and enjoying themselves, like nothing was wrong.

Johnny was now laughing as Guan Lin dipped his head in the cake Lisa had prepared.

Eunmi was smiling at her derpy friends from afar, sipping on some chilled juice as she dipped her legs in the pool.

Another figure joined her as she was sitting.

“Mi..we need to talk”

Sighing the girl looked at Taeyong.

“Must we do this now?”

She was about to get up but Taeyong grabbed her wrist swiftly and pulled her to sit next to him.

“Yes” he looked at her with a look mixed with pain and loneliness.

“I’m sorry Mi..I’m so sorry..can’t I have the old Mimi back?”

Eunmi bit her lips, contemplating.

She had missed his touch and his smile but his words hurt her and she didn’t like how easily he dismissed Kyungri..

Where did the girl even come from anyways?

Swallowing her pride she nodded her head, “fine..if that’s what you wish”

Smiling Taeyong pulled her into a hug and they stayed that way for a while.

 

“About time” Johnny sighed as the rest of the group watched the two.

“Finally..things are back to normal~” Lisa happily clapped.

On the other hand Ten slightly looked in Kyungri’s direction and noticed the girl balling her fists tightly, “Let’s hope she doesn’t do something stupid”

Jaehyun, who was next to him looked at Ten with a raised brow.

“Nothing Jae, just hoping people will keep in their place before a dragon escapes.”