-13-

Earning Your Wings

 

A few days after Mark's first night in Seoul, Eunmi was helping Mark adjust to life in Korea.

Today was no different, Eunmi and Mark were now strolling around Hongdae as Eunmi was showing him the good spots for food.

There were more people than usual and Eunmi was constantly being pushed back.

Mark had placed his hand behind her back and guided her to switch places so he could walk towards the street instead of her.

 

They arrived at a tiny cafe that was in a hidden alley.

Mark went up and ordered for the both of them as the Barista kept staring at his face while Eunmi found a corner table in the farthest part of the cafe and sat down while staring out the window

A tall mug was placed in front of her, “large Americano with an extra shot of espresso and 4 pumps of vanilla."

She smiled at him before taking a sip of the drink.

Mark studied the girl for a little while before speaking up, “be honest with me Mi, how are you holding up?”

Eunmi looked down at her mug with a stiff smile before frowning and looking into Mark’s eyes.

 

 

If there was one thing about Mark that people didn’t know about his relationship with Eunmi, it was that he some how always knew the truth about her and always pinpointed it with ease.

Even if she did try to hide it.

With no fuss she started confessing to him, eyes on her hands and she was fiddling with her fingers, “I-I’m not confident Tuan..”

He took her free hand in his and carassed her hand with his thumb, “what are you not confident about?”

Everything..."

"I know I told Lin and the board to have faith in me..but..I-I don’t even know where to begin and..there’s been some talk about me not being good enough..”

“Who said my little pilot wasn’t good enough?”

“W-well I was in the employee bathroom and I”

“Mi..that’s just typical employee gossip.. What do they know? Prove them wrong..at this party show them just how the head of Lai Empire will lead this Imperial Army”

Slightly chuckling at Mark’s lame joke she shook her head playfully, “you’re so weird Tuan”

Smiling kissed her hand, “but at least i’m your weirdo”

Rolling her eyes at his cheeky remark she could only chuckle in response.

“You’ll be at the party right?”

“Of course Mi, wouldn’t miss it for the world”

“And you’ll be my date?”

“Anything for you young miss.”

She rolled her eyes again, “don’t start with it Tuan”

He laughed openly at the teasing antics towards the girl, “but doesn’t TY take you? Where has he been by the way? I’ve been here a few days and haven’t seen him around”

“He’s most likely with Kyungri”

“And she is?”
“H-his girlfriend.”

At this Mark’s brows furrowed, “I’m so sorry Mi.”

The girl shook her head, “It's fine...I’m fine. We’re just friends oppa.”

Mark only frowned at her response but let her be as she dropped the subject and asked how he was adjusting to the Chaebol lifestyle in South Korea.